Print

Author Topic: The Super Mario Saga  (Read 12978 times)

« on: November 07, 2003, 02:52:37 PM »
Hey all! Sorry for such a sudden departure from the forums, but I have some good news!
The Northmor High School football season is over, and now my Fridays are free. Plus, I had to really work to keep my grades at a suitable average.(Don't worry- I have a C average.) What this has to do with this post? Absolutely nothing! Here's the deal- I have to have a journal of some sorts for English class. I thought, "Hey! Why not write a story for it?" This is the end result. Lemme set the stage for you: Mario and Luigi are living in Brooklyn, NY, and the Mushroom Kingdom's under attack by the Koopas. You'll just have to read the story to find out how this goes! HA HA HA!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 03:05:50 PM »
Dude, you posted 10 of these!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 03:59:11 PM »
Wow. THis proves that someone here actually does have even less of a life than most of us here.

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 03:59:12 PM »
Wow. THis proves that someone here actually does have even less of a life than most of us here.

------------------------------
 I am Meowrik, the 5th Samurai Pizza Cat. My trusty Jalapeno Katana along with my Chili Claws will prove my might!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 04:04:12 PM »
I agree, responding to a topic you think is dumb is a definite sign of lack of life.

Edited by - Markio on 11/7/2003 2:10:32 PM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 07:50:48 PM »
Sorry for not actually posting the story! Here we go!

Chapter One - Awakening of Superstars
------------------

As the sunlight filtered in through the blinds, a low tone buzzed in the air. The alarm clock.
"7:00 AM! Rise and shine!"
Always the early riser, Luigi was first to awaken. He stepped from the bottom bunk, and looked at the sleeping lump that was his brother.

"Mario."

"Uh..?"

"Wake up."

"Uhh..."

Luigi became impatient.

"Mario!"

Mario rolled over.

"Not now... I don't wanna go to school!"

Luigi sighed.

"We're not going to school, stupid. Just get up."

The day had started as always. Luigi had fixed breakfast for the two and had already eaten by the time Mario shuffled down the hall.

"Good morning, Mario!"

"What's so good about it."

Luigi frowned.

"Coffee's on the counter. Maybe after you have some, you'll be more sociable."

Mario ignored his brother's remark. He sat down at the table and ate his breakfast silently. He then headed toward the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"New record, Mario!"

Mario turned, his mouth full of toothpaste.

"Huh? Whadda you mean?"

Luigi pointed at his watch.

"You've only been up for an hour, and you're almost ready!"

"Shut up."

"But, you're still taking too long. If you don't hurry, we'll miss this job, too!"

Mario finished brushing his teeth. Walking briskly, he waved to Luigi, and walked out the door. The plumbers walked down the stairs and out the front door, to where their plumbers van was parked. Luigi noticed a slip of paper under the windshield wiper.

"Crud, another parking ticket! Mario, you know they have a parking lot across the street! Just park there!"

"Jeeze, I'm sorry! I'll remember next time, I swear."

--------------------

What do you think? This is my first real fan fiction, and I hope I'm doing all right...

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:56:57 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 08:49:41 PM »
Sofar, so good.

What I just said was probably sarcastic.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2003, 10:06:18 PM »
Or misspelled. Anyhoo, Chapter 2 and 3 are due for the weekend, so stay tuned.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »
Chapter 2 - Work
------------------

Luigi, who was driving, was silent. Mario wasn't sure where their plumbing services were needed. He slouched in his seat a little, and tried to go back to sleep. Just as he was about to fall asleep, Luigi turned on the radio. The station, which Mario had left it on was booming one of the loudest songs they had.

"Jeez! Turn it off!! I'm tryin' to sleep!"

Luigi stirred.

"Sorry, but if you aren't gonna talk to me, I'm gonna listen to the radio."

Mario sat up

"Geeze..of all the luck..."

Again the two were silent.

"So.... Where's the job at?"

"Downtown. The old fortune telling shop."

"They must have know it was going to happen."

They both laughed at his joke.

"I'm just surprised they didn't call any one else. Including Scapelli.(From Super Mario Bros: The Movie. The rival plumbers who heckled Daisy and her archeologists.) Maybe it's just me, but I think they're trying to run us outta business. It's almost like fate."

They neared the fortune shop. A Scapelli plumbing van was nowhere in sight.

"We're in the clear," Mario said "there's no sign of Scapelli! Let me out here."

Luigi slowed, and Mario hopped out. Through Mario's rotund shape, no would've guessed he was the best long jumper during his high school days. He landed gracefully, and walked to the back of their van. He opened the doors, and grabbed his and Luigi's tool belt. Luigi was staring at the old building. It was old and dilapidated. He shuddered.

"I'd hate to see their plumbing system."

Mario approached the door. Not seeing an "open" or "closed" sign, he knocked on the door. Slowly, it opened.

"Okee-dokee.. that's very creepy..."

"Oh, grow up. Let's just go inside."

A lone table sat in the middle of the room. On it was a crstal ball. A small figure appeared from behind it. A woman.

"Hello. Welcome. I am Madam Soothsayer, the owner of this shop. I know you are wondering what the problem is. I'm not sure myself."

"Why not?" Mario piped in, "You're a fortune teller right?"

"I tell fortunes, yes. But I am no plumber. That's why I called you two here. Before you go to fix the pipes, I want to read your palms."
"Sure, it's always great to go into the workplace in a humored mood."

"Sit down. You first. Luigi, correct. Let me see your palm."

She gazed at Luigi's palm.

"Ahh... I see. You aren't the bravest, but you will become wealthy...but wait! There's more! I see.. a woman.. A firey, young woman.. Your true love.. Yes... This is all I see right now. Now you, Mario. Let me see your palm."

She gazed at Mario's palm, longer than Luigi's.

"My.. what an interesting palm.. You.. You shall improve the lives of millions..."

"Wow! Millions of people! Say, what about my true love? Do you see her? You saw Luigi's!"

"Ah, yes.. A beautiful, eligant young lady, with sapphire eyes.. Truley a catch, as far as you men judge things... There. Now, let me show you the pipes."

The clairvoyant led them down a flight of stairs to a big, wooden door. She opened it, and the three stepped in. A solitary green pipe stood in the middle of the floor.

"See what you can make of this."

The fortune-teller shut the door, leaving the two awe-struck brothers staring at the giant piece of plumbing.

---------------

It gets good, real soon!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:57:57 AM

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2003, 11:24:11 AM »
Chapter 3 - Insomnia
--------------

Walking through the castle, Toad was talking with Princess Peach, whom he has been friends with since their childhood.

"I'm glad this war with the Koopas is almost over."

Peach smiled.

"I think we all are."

Though the Mushroom Kingdom was at war, their happy faces made it impossible to tell. Their army had just captured a major Koopa base, and had set their sights on the Koopa headquaters.

Meanwhile, Bowser was pacing the floor in his throne room. He strained as hard as he could to think of some way to defeat the Mushroom Kingdom. Kamek, his trusted advisor, stood silent. He didn't want to incur the wrath of Bowser upon himself.

"Kamek, you are my advisor. As such, you should advise me, correct?"

Kamek gulped.

"Yes, my lord."

"This might just be me, but I don't think you're doing your job. And, tell me, what happens to people who don't do their jobs?"

"They.. Get thrown into the Lava Pits?"

"Yes. They will be fired, quite literally."

The magikoopa removed his glasses, and delicatly polished the lenses.

"Well, you could send the spy troopas, and have them kidnap the Royal Family. All you would have to do is have a small group of troopas distract their gaurds. They'd easily slip right in."

"Perfect! Rally the troops."

That evening, Bowser explained the plan to Koopa army. As they nodded their heads in undertanding, Bowser swelled with pride.

"Now I will succeed where my father failed!"

The attack was late at night. 10 spy troopas crept along the castle walls, avoiding making any noise. Slowly they sneaked past weary Mushroom gaurds, and through an open window. Quiter still, they crept towards the princess's bedroom. No gaurds were around.

A spy raised his radio.

"Now."

Almost immediatly the heard the booming of cannon fire.

"You two! Get the King and Queen! Bust down that door!"

Calamity ensued. As the koopas busted down the door, an alarm sounded. One troopa grabbed the princess and opened a window. Using a cape, he gracefully flew out and landed softly on the ground.

Bullet Bills rained down on the castle. Unable to sustain much more, it began to crumble.

"Troopas! Use your Stars! Were goin' in for the King and Queen!"

They all activated their Stars, and busted their way into the bedroom. The King stood, in nothing more than his pajamas and slippers, with a Fire Flower.

"Stay back!"

The troopas rushed and grabbed the king and queen, and fled for an exit...

------------

Told ya it got good!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 9:59:38 AM

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 04:59:13 PM »
Chapter 4 - Death of a Loved One
---------------

King Toadstool fired his fire flower at the troopas. Having no effect, they swatted him down with a fury of blows to the face. The queen fainted at the sight of the bruised and bloody king. Unconcious, the king and queen were lifted by two troopas and carried out of the colapsing castle. The troopas fled for the main exit. While the were running, giant sections of the ceiling fell around them.

Luck was not well for any of the Royal Family. A large, heavy section of the castle had fallen between the troopa who carried the queen and the rest of the troops.

"Guys!! Come back! I'm trapped!"

A peice of stone hit the troopa in the head.

"My star.. It's powers are spent..!"

A larger piece struck him. He looked up in time for him to see the ceiling come crashing down. Thus was the end of the troopa and the queen...

Fortunatly for the King and Princess Peach, a message had been sent to their "saving grace".

----------------

Sorry for the shortness of that'n. I wrote it during the time I could find in between school work and other school activities.

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:01:11 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 05:09:18 PM »
Cool story.

I don''t have a signature.  So what?  I doesn''t matter!  HAHA!  I''m Freee!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 05:28:27 PM »
It's good to know what few fans I have like the story.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2003, 02:10:45 PM »
I've always liked your posts, Dairy King! That is a very good story so far... I wish  could post my story, but alas...it is not completed yet! I have so many ideas, I don't know where to begin!

Like I said before, your story is great! Does it tell the beginning of how the Mario Bros. got to the Mushroom Kingdom, or is it a completely new tale?

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/30/2003 12:11:45 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 05:58:56 PM »
Yes, it does tell how the Mario Bros ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom. It's also told what happened to Peach's mother, why we never see her in any of the games. And, for what it's worth, I've started writing the second Episode, which is entitled "Subcon: The Land of Dreams."
Anyhoo..

Chapter 5 - Cry For Help
-------------

Mario and Luigi stood pondering over the giant pillar of pipe.

"Where do ya s'pose it leads?"

Luigi thought as hard as he could.

"Haven't the foggiest."

Suddenly, loud booming echoed out of the pipe, followed by a shrill scream.

"Help!"

The pipe countinued booming and screaming. Luigi covered his ears.

"What in the world is that!?"

The commotion startled Mario so bad that he had fallen down. He stood up.

"C'mon! We have to check this out!"

"Mario! Have some sense! We don't know where it leads!"

"Who cares!? Someone needs our help!!"

Before Luigi had a chance to protest, Mario grabbed his wrist and jumped down the pipe.

Back at Bowser's castle the troopas carried their prisoners deep into a damp, dark dungeon. The two were thrown into a cell.

"Wait.." the Princess said, "Where is my mother?"

A koopa looked at her. He smacked his fist into his hand. Words were not necessary. Peach buried her face in her hands and began to cry. In between sobs were almost inaudible words.

"What're we going to do, daddy..?"

King Toadstool, who was usually optimistic, just lowered his head.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know."

He hugged his daughter in an attept to comfort her.

Meanwhile, Mario and Luigi had lost all sense of time and direction, and were plummeting through space.

"How far down does this pipe go!?" Luigi shouted.

"I dunno," Mario shouted back, "but we've been falling for hours!"

"I somehow don't want to find the bottom!"

Suddenly, there was a faint light.

"Look! Luigi! Look!"

"What?!"

"It's a light! The light at the end of the tunnel! The end of the pipe!"

Luigi strained his eyes. All he could make out was the dark figure of his corpulent brother. Suddenly, he too saw the light and became excited and scared.

"What lies at the end of this pipe..?" he thought to himself...

----------------

And there! End of Chapter 5!

Edited by - Dairy King on 1/2/2004 10:03:19 AM

Print