Print

Author Topic: NES VC Top Sellers List  (Read 4142 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:27:57 PM »

Like clockwork, the newest Nintendo Power has hit houses nationwide, and once again we are treated to a special part of the Virtual Console's top seller's list. This month's edition features the NES titles released before April 2007. Without further ado, here is the list (get ready for no surprises...Okay, maybe one):

1) Super Mario Bros.
2) The Legend of Zelda
3) Mario Bros.
4) Kirby’s Adventure
5) Donkey Kong

That one surprise for me is Mario Bros., which is a decent title, but I can't really see anyone but hardcore Mario fans shilling out another 5 bucks for a game that's updated and improved in the GBA Super Mario Advance series. Then again, maybe some confused it with Super Mario Bros? I think Wario's Woods deserves a top 5 spot, I love that game!

For comparison, here are the titles released up until 04/07 that aren't on the list (no particular order):

Pinball    
Soccer
Solomon's Key    
Wario's Woods
Donkey Kong Jr.    
Ice Hockey
Tennis
Baseball
Urban Champion
Gradius
Xevious
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
The Legend of Kage
Elevator Action
Tecmo Bowl
Excitebike

Source: Nintendo Power (July 2007)
See also: Top SNES VC titles
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »
Then again, maybe some confused it with Super Mario Bros?
I thought the same thing at first.  Then, I felt sorry for those confused people--downloading Mario Bros and thinking it was the legendary title that gave Nintendo its overwhelming success.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print