Print

Author Topic: Disc Read Error: Mario Kart Wii  (Read 6278 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »

Some of you might have experienced the problems Wii is having with double-layer discs. It started with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and now Mario Kart Wii buyers are experiencing their games freezing or crashing altogether. Of course, Nintendo is offering free Wii cleanings to fix the problem, but just a heads up Wii owners: We aren't out of the woods yet.

Link: gonintendo.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
Y-y-your k-kid-dding... right? RIGHT?! Well... I shouldn't have to worry. I only got my Wii back a week or two ago. Also, I'm shocked Mario Kart Wii is duel-layered.
I really don't care much for logic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »
Y-you just got you'res c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-cleaned. Right? RIGHT!?!!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!???!!!one

Ahhh... That screenshot's starting to get old. Mario's kart reminds me of some sort of life preserver.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
So, Mario Kart Wii is Dual Layered, but not SMG?

Oh well, I'm getting my Wii repaired soon, anyway.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:28:54 PM »
So, if the game keeps freezing, that's where all these "screenshots" are coming from: critical points where the game froze and Nintendo decided to take a picture anyway.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
Y-you just got you'res c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-cleaned. Right? RIGHT!?!!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!???!!!one

I hope she made Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa-Lotsa Spaghetti! Spaghetti! Spaghetti! Spaghetti! Spaghetti! Spaghetti!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print