Print

Author Topic: Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games  (Read 24631 times)

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:30 PM »
The title screen counts as a title screen theme. Many early games didn't have a title screen theme. It was just Name/Logo of game and game options.

Anyway, I have another secret to share: In Super Mario 64, the level Snowman's Land (I think that's it.. it's the second snow level), there is a lone coin that is very hard to reach. It is under the arm of the giant snowman that is holding the bridge across his arms up.

The coin can best be seen from close to where the canon opening is. I've collected it before when I was trying to get 100 coins in the level (for the Star).. Ironically, it was the 100th coin, and the Star floated up into the snowman's arm, and out of reach.

I call this a secret because it seems that many of my friends who are gamers have no idea that this coin is there. I am the only one who tries to collect it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »
Collecting that coin to make the star appear counts as the second unreachable item in that stage. The first one being Mario's hat if it gets blown into the ice sculpture and lands underneath the 1st star.

Man, I feel like one of 10% of the board that actually reads the site.

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »
Collecting that coin to make the star appear counts as the second unreachable item in that stage. The first one being Mario's hat if it gets blown into the ice sculpture and lands underneath the 1st star.

Man, I feel like one of 10% of the board that actually reads the site.
Hehe.  I used to read only the main site--for years, actually.  When you bother to join the Fungi Forums, though, you get the option of living off the trickle down effect.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »
You mean there's a main site? Oh, now I remember...I haven't gone on it in such a long time.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »
Lucky for you, Deezer doesn't update it too often.

A lot of information can also be learned in #tmk.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2007, 12:40:34 AM »
I go to the main website...when they notify us that they've got a new game on here or on my occasional check I notice that they finally updated the mailbag.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »
I remember when I used to go into #tmk just to ask about the mailbag...

I have never been to the Minus World.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »
Heh.  I've never been to the Minus World either.  I like walking through walls/ceilings in SMB though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2007, 09:01:22 PM »
Oh, here's a horrible one...
I actually abuse animals in Zelda games all the time to test myself and see if I can avoid them. I'm evil...
But I'd never do such a thing in real life, of course. Count on that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
Whenever Ursala from Animal Crossing ticks me off, I hit her with the net.  Oh, and I once planted a pitfall in front of her doorway while she was in her house, and dug two holes, so she'd have no choice but to step on the pitfall.  When she fell in, I placed a boot in front of her and started whacking her with the net.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:09 PM »
Haha, that is both really cruel and cool.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2007, 08:05:46 AM »
The bees didn't help any either.  Her house was RIGHT THERE, but RIGHT when I pressed 'A' to enter, the bees swarmed all around me and stung me!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
Oh, here's a horrible one...
I actually abuse animals in Zelda games all the time to test myself and see if I can avoid them. I'm evil...
But I'd never do such a thing in real life, of course. Count on that.

I want a T-shirt that says "I survived the Cucco Swarm and all I got was this stupid T-shirt". I've been attacking Cuccos in every LoZ game I can attack them in ever since I started playing the series. I guess I have something against chickens.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
They don't attack you in Twilight Princess. Instead, you control them for a short time. It's pretty fun.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
Kojinka...I'm shocked.

Well, not really.

In LoZ:OoT, I used to pick up Cuccoo's and throw them. Just for the heck of it.

In Animal Crossing, I randomly used to go around and hit animals with my net and try to hit them with my shovel. I also shoved one in a pitfall every so often.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print