Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369137 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Yeah, releasing stuff for standard DS if it doesn't need 3D or gyroscope is still a very smart move a year after the 3DS's release. It's why there are still loads of PSP games planned for the next year in Japan, as well.

Weegee's complaints could be applied to a lot of modern games; he just doesn't know it because he only plays things on Nintendo platforms, where DLC hasn't been as much of a thing. He's going to be in for a rude awakening with the 3DS and Wii U!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:07 PM »
But man, Pokémon games have been really, really ugly ever since D/P. DS 3D is just so hideous. DS mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment is even worse. I don't know if it's entirely the DS's fault, either, I also mean things like the color choices for the battle backgrounds are terrible. The animations in Black and White are better than nothing, but when things rotate and move they always look so gritty. And I still can't believe how much of a step backwards the back-sprites are... I know it saves space and makes translating the animation from front to back much easier but it's still bad. Maybe they should have left out all the previous generations' Pokémon for real and poured their fullest effort into the new ones...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #812 on: March 26, 2012, 01:13:32 AM »
Pokémon Battle Royale

This is pretty cool: an art show containing a piece for each of the first 151 Pokémon all done by different artists.

Examples:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:16:56 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
I can't find the art anywhere on that site.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2012, 01:58:03 AM »
I think I know whose Machoke that is.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #815 on: April 06, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »
Preordered Pokémon Conquest while picking up Xenoblade. Looking forward to that.

Also, I've been playing Pokémon Rumble Blast, which is pretty fun but incredibly simple.

« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
Time to revisit Unova kiddies

Sounds like Gold and Silver without all the extra Pokemon. Here's hoping that they don't also gut old Unova just to make room for this new stuff.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #817 on: April 13, 2012, 01:54:28 AM »
Here's hoping that they don't also gut old Unova just to make room for this new stuff.
Quote from: http://pokemon.marriland.com
most all of the eastern and northern parts of Unova are blocked off by a frozen glacier spread

« Reply #818 on: April 13, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
Them be some fast-growing glaciers.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #819 on: April 13, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
I was trying not to care about BW2 but I kept secretly hoping it would have the same characters. That way there could finally be a pokémon game that doesn't see you grabbing badges (since you already have them) and doing the same stuff we've been doing since the first games. This could have been the first game in the entire series to REALLY do anything different. I'm not impressed at all...
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #820 on: April 13, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
Where's yer global warmin' now, eh?

I hope a plot point is that you have to get everyone to stop driving Priuses so the glacier will melt and you can go back home.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #821 on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:37 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted, but I don't really follow Pokemon anymore:  http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~msandbot/pokemon/rubysapphire.html
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #822 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
Started a new game in White for the heck of it.

The Oshawott I first picked got +3 HP, +2 ATK, +2 DEF, +2 SP.ATK, +1 SP.DEF, +1 SPD on its first level-up. However, it had a Docile nature (no effect on stats), so I reset for a better one. This second Oshawott had a Naughty nature (+ATK/-SP.DEF), but its stats increased by only one point each when it grew a level. Did I make a boo-boo by choosing the second one? And generally speaking, which is more important: Good IVs or a beneficial nature?

EDIT: I just remembered one of the reasons why I quit playing White: The encounter rate is almost unbearable. Hopefully they'll tone it down in BW2.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:43:01 AM by Weegee »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #823 on: July 04, 2012, 01:51:28 AM »
I think you mean IVs. In any case, the nature is more important because it gives a 10% boost to one stat and a 10% reduction to another stat, unless it's a nature that's neutral. If you're playing competitively you'll need both, though.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #824 on: July 04, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »
Thanks. I did indeed mean IVs.

I find it funny that, as the release of B/W2 draws near, there's still assloads of content that's yet to be released for the preceding games.

Print