Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369175 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1080 on: October 29, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »
Couple ideas here.

Ice/Fighting - A moose sorta thing, with shades of a mountain goat. A highly competitive creature that often has to fight with other of if its kind for resources in the harsh climate it lives in.

Normal/Steel - This thing. I actually designed it when gen 3 was new and GameFreak still hasn't given it to me. C'mon guys.

Grass/Fire - Coconut Soldier. A plant creature that hides an internal fire that it spits out of its cannon-like mouth to attack. Also, exploding coconut grenades.

Ghost/Normal - Opossum. Since, y'know, opossums play dead.

Ideas I can't be bothered to doodle up include

Bug/Dragon - One of those long asian-style dragons but with a bunch of centipede legs.

Dragon/Grass - Snapdragon. C'mon, guys

Electric/Grass - Potato battery.

Poison/Rock - A gila monster, with the beaded scales being more like black and orange cobblestone.
No! I don't want that!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1081 on: October 29, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
Poison/Electric: A battery. It could have a signature move called Battery Acid, either poison-type and paralyzes or electric-type and poisons. It would start as a cutesy living AA and become a car battery with jumper cable tentacles.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1082 on: October 29, 2013, 10:04:17 PM »
I'm digging that possum concept, CJ. Maybe its tail could fade into a ghostly, ethereal wisp.

Someone suggested a fire-breathing pepper for Grass/Fire.

Ghost/Fighting and Ghost/Rock made me think of Broozers and Bouldergeist.

Ice/Fighting must be a hockey player called Capuck.

Ooh, we discuss this in the chat some of the times. one of the most popular ideas is a Jack-O-Lantern. It'd be a Grass/Ghost type.
I once came up with a Ghost/Steel type. It started as a floating sword, then evolved into a suit of armor.
On that note, a sand dollar Pokemon. It could be a Magikarp-type thing and evolve into... er, a mussel? A Eggecute-esque barnacle Pokemon? Hey, I live in the Pacific Northwest--cut me some slack.
-Kingdra's well-camoflauged counterpart, the leafy sea dragon.

Heh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1083 on: October 29, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1084 on: October 29, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1085 on: October 29, 2013, 11:59:58 PM »
Most of the time I get something that's obviously an extra from someone's breeding session. Level 1, good nature, maybe a 31, maybe the wrong ability. I do that too, but I infect them with Pokérus first.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1086 on: October 30, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
Surprised ShadowBrain hasn't said anything about Diantha's resemblance to a certain real-world actress.

« Reply #1087 on: October 30, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »
Most of the time I get something that's obviously an extra from someone's breeding session. Level 1, good nature, maybe a 31, maybe the wrong ability. I do that too, but I infect them with Pokérus first.

Speaking of, I finally got myself a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Adamant Starly; if anyone wants one with any four of those perfect IV's, I have about a dozen extras, all of them Adamant.  Man, I love how much easier this is with the Destiny Knot, and I'm certainly looking forward to battling with her once I get her EV's and moveset solidified.

EDIT: Random 31/x/31/31/31/28-30 Ditto catch. :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:28:43 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #1088 on: November 02, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »
I tend to be one of those people that trade out breeding session Pokemon, but I like throwing around pretty decent ones too (I have a Ralts with Trace if anyone wants it).

I kinda hate the high-tier deal with the GTS and Legendaries; I get that they're rare and they want another for the one they have, but I was unhappy to lose my prize Xerneas (named Lakepond) in the mix. The only shinies I have in this game are from GTS trades, because I've been throwing around the Legendary birds like... birdseed (Although I have Articuno and Zapdos right now). Someone gave my a German shiny Charizard, so that was pretty cool.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1089 on: November 02, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
Me too but I'm saving them for Wonder Trade Wednesday now. This week I'll have Tympoles, all infected with Pokérus, all Modest, most with Earth Power, about half with Swift Swim, many with 2-4 31s.

Sometimes while I'm infecting each and every one of them with pokérus I think "this isn't good enough... this uncommon pokémon, whose nature and IVs are desirable for breeding purposes, has Hydration, which becomes Poison Touch, that won't do a special-attacking Seismitoad any good." I must work harder for my useless Japanese Flabébés, clearly
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:49:22 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1090 on: November 02, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »
haha, I got Pokerus on a Pokemon once and it infected my ENTIRE party; now I have to overhaul my whole party if I don't want something else to get infected.

Lately, I've been trying to obtain all the Pokemon in the Central Kalos Pokedex; I've "completed" it, but I want to see if Sycamore gives you anything for being a collecting maniac (speaking of them, where ARE they?). In total, I have three shinies: Hopip, Charizard and Relicanth. I want to evolve the Hopip and possibly trade it out later when I know what I want... or maybe I should hold onto them until December 27th, when the Pokemon Bank floods the GTS?
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1091 on: November 02, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Don't want something else infected? Why wouldn't you?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1092 on: November 02, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
Eh, I dunno. To be honest, that's not a dilemma I'm facing; I just thought it was funny that it actually spread the way it did. This was the first time I've ever had a Pokemon of mine infected, actually. I do know that it's beneficial to the growth of Pokemon, so don't get me wrong; I know it's not bad or anything.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1093 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
I'm without a 3DS and so can't join in the Pokefun, but I'm receiving live updates from one of my friends over Facebook, like such:

Friend: > waltzing around on pikamans
Friend: > party coming together nicely
Friend: > through tall grass
Friend: > battle scene and music plays
Friend: > Wild WOBUFFET appeared!
Friend: > Go! WOBUFFET!
Friend: > Switch out
Me: Nope
Me: I wish I could have sympathy for you
Me: But frankly
Friend: > Enemy WOBUFFET's SHADOW TAG prevents escape
Me: You're using Wobba
Friend: I HAD TO USE ALL THE PP IN ALL MY MOVES TO GET TO STRUGGLE
Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJ4pKXNAPM
Friend: I WAS BATTLING THAT LEVEL 15 COOT FOR HALF A FORKING HOUR
Friend: ahahaha
Friend: it took so long
Me: I'm glad
Friend: so so so long
Me: Karma, thy name is Wobbuffet
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1094 on: November 04, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Surprised ShadowBrain hasn't said anything about Diantha's resemblance to a certain real-world actress.
Yeah, gotta be honest, this is the most I've ever been out of the loop on a Pokemon game... law school's the wrong time to start on one of those is all I can say.

But yeah, I Googled her and...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print