Print

Author Topic: glitched snes mario all stars  (Read 2597 times)

Ian

« on: December 07, 2004, 10:39:44 PM »
Since I bought it new, I have had a glitched copy of super mario all stars for snes. The glitch is found in m.b.3. When you press select it toggles through all the different states, from small to big to fire to raccoon to frog to tucca to hammer.
Also when you hold b and press select it toggles a boot on and off, so you can bounce around in any level. I dont know if this is a common glitch or rare game editing mode or something but it has worked for years. I'm planning on selling it, but I'm collecting all the info i can on it so i can understand what i have.
Any comments or offers email me at skien_ian@hotmail.com

-=ian=-
-=ian=-

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 10:56:28 PM »
The "feature" is fairly well known, but I do not know how many of the cartridges exhibit it.  The feature seems to show up in all emulators, so there's a possibility that the it is an SNES-specific "feature" rather than a cartridge-specific feature.  I ran into a similar occurence when using Game Genie codes on the original Game Boy... I created a code for Terminator 2 that would only work on my model DMG-01-01 Game Boy but not my friend's DMG-01-03.  Do you have access to other SNESes to test?  I know a friend who had such a cartridge, but he gave it away years ago.  I would be interested in purchasing the cartridge if it does turn out to be game-specific, or at least try to determine which cartridges contain the feature.

Print