Print

Author Topic: I, um, found some candy.  (Read 6539 times)

« on: August 06, 2006, 04:05:43 PM »
I was digging through some stuff today, and I found this candy. It's a Bom-Bomb shaped container that has a lollipop and some fizzy powder inside. It's pretty old, copyright 2001, so I wouldn't eat it.

This could be added to the merchandice section of the website.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »
I've seen that Bob-omb candy before. Since it's still sealed, I'm sure it's perfectly safe to eat.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »
you should sell one of those on Ebay, who knose who much it may cost!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 05:22:38 PM »
Yeah, I believe the candy was talked about in an earlier mailbag from that time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:36:10 AM »
I beleive these candy bob-ombs where made by a company called "Au'some candies". They made alot Nintendo styled candy. They also had a website up for awhile, put I think it's no longer running now.

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »
Yeah, I remember wanting those bob-omb candies really badly. They made jelly pops too (I have Mario, DK, and Link)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember the jelly pops, and they still sell them in gamestops. Along with GC's and GBA's shaped containers with candy inside.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »
I once had a box of those jelly pops. I though they looked gross.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 01:31:58 AM »
Today I work I found we now sell at the checkout counter Nintendo Power Mints. They are contained in an NES controller metal case, but unfortunately the mints themselves are plain white cylinders.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »
They've still got a website! But I don't know if it's the exact same company. Au'some candies
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
I bought a tin of the Nintendo Power Mints, and the mints suck.  I also got an energy drink with Mario on it, called Power Up!, which just tasted like a warm Sprite, with some kind of berry slightly hidden in the flavor.  And I didn't feel any more energized than I had before I drank it.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
I remember Mario Macaroni and Cheese. It was made by Kraft. Back in the day I used to love the Wild Wheels variety of Kraft but they stopped making it in the mid 1990s. The shapes of the Mario one looked close enough so I switched to that for a while. Then I went to regular Macaroni and Cheese since I got old and boring.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 01:39:45 AM »
Is anybody old enough here to remember Donkey Kong Cereal?

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 07:37:42 AM »
Hmm, those are probably not too common and may have some value. Very interesting find.

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 07:18:15 AM »
I bought one of those bob-ombs before, it was in a gas station when I was little, except mine had a pink fuse, I still have it, maybe I will post a picture.....
I only watch [adult swim]

Print