Print

Author Topic: Will Mario ever appear at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade?  (Read 37613 times)

edward1978

• Agent, US Department of the Redundancy Department
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
If Sonic the Hedgehog gets to appear as a ballon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, howcome Mario never gets to make an appearence?  So will Mario ever get to make an appearence at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a ballon, a walkaround character, etc?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »
Nope.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »
Pikachu makes more money.

Alternately, Spider-Man fills the Hero Dressed In Red And Blue quota
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »
He's usually too busy saving the Mushroom Kingdom this time of year.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:40:25 AM »
I seem to recall Mario appearing in at least one Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I want to say it was around the time SML2 was released, since I can remember playing my GameBoy that Thanksgiving, taking a short break to watch the parade, and seeing Mario..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

edward1978

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »
Pikachu makes more money.

Alternately, Spider-Man fills the Hero Dressed In Red And Blue quota

Pikachu has got to go because Pokemon is stupid.  Can't Nintendo ever sit Pikachu out just once so that Mario can be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »
Pikachu has got to go because Pokemon is stupid.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 08:50:10 AM »
I agree with the blunt newcomer.  Replace with Mario or, better yet, Samus.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

edward1978

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
I agree with the blunt newcomer.  Replace with Mario or, better yet, Samus.

So do I.  I don't know why Nintendo never wants to give Mario an appearence at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade giving it to Pikaturd every year.  I'm sorry, but Mario is the face of Nintendo as Mickey Mouse is the face of Disney.  I believe that every character that is the face of a company like Nintendo and Disney should have at least one appearence in the parade.  I don't mind Sonic being in the parade because he is the face of Sega.  What do you guys think?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »
Sticking to convictions is a virtue, kinda
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
Pikachu has got to go because Pokemon is stupid.  Can't Nintendo ever sit Pikachu out just once so that Mario can be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

Pikachu is a multi-gazzilion dollar franchise. In the late nineties-early early two thousands era, Pokémon was huge.
Relics.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Maybe it's an issue with licensing costs like Wreck-It Ralph. They said Mario's not in it because of his licensing fee being astronomical.

I wonder how one major company inquires to another about rights, etc.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
They got Bowser, and referenced Mario. Plus, wasn't them not knowing what to do with Mario the main reason?
Relics.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
Maybe it's an issue with licensing costs like Wreck-It Ralph. They said Mario's not in it because of his licensing fee being astronomical.
No it wasn't; they just couldn't figure out a good role for him.

Print