Print

Author Topic: Winter 2005 ADVANCED POSTER Awards  (Read 29478 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« on: December 22, 2005, 11:54:09 AM »
Now, I will probably be hated for doing this.... But I have some very strange feeling that Meowrik isn't going to be back. So I've decided that I should take over this. As many of you know, I hate making topics, because I am terrible at making them. I am going to wait until Friday evening to post the categories, this will give me some time to make them and whatnot. Also, this may give a little more time, if perhaps Meowrik is still lingering around, and he would like to take over. If not, I think I am going to take charge.

For those of you who don't know, the Poster awards were started a long time ago. Meowrik eventually took them over, and made them the highlight of the winter (and summer) for many of us.

So between today and tomorrow, I would like to have some suggestions for categories.

The Rules will be posted along with the categories tomorrow evening. Voting Begins as soon as the categories are posted.  Voting closes Janurary 10th, 2006.

EDIT: The categories will be up first thing Friday morning That is the 23rd of December..

EDIT: TIE-BREAKER ROUND BEGINS! INFO FOUND HERE

EDIT (again): Results are in, and the ceremony's been presented! Who won what?!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 12:48:22 AM by Sapphira »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:27:45 PM »
I've missed out on this every year so this time I'll try to be a part of it.  Sounds like fun!

Category ideas, ey?  I doubt few of my thoughts will be good but I'll give it a shot.
Most knowledgable poster award.  Best/worst speller award.  Most considerate/inconsiderate person (maybe I shouldn't suggest negative things but just in case that's allowed, I will).  Funniest/most annoying poster.  Favorite story-teller poster.  Best/worst topic making poster.  Most html/BBcode user poster.  Most knowledgeable about Mario/TMK/whatever poster.  Fastest/slowest poster.  Most handsome/beautiful poster (again, I have a bad feeling about this one).  Most nostalgic poster (joke XD).  Poster that said WTD the most amount of times.  Favorite signature poster.  Favorite profile picture poster.  Most obsessed with whatever poster.  Longest/shortest typing poster.  Most random poster.  Most dedicated to whatever poster.  Most emailed/personal messaged poster or poster who gives the most emails/PMs.  I am all out of ideas poster.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 12:32:26 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 03:18:02 PM »
How about a "Deezer Award"?

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 03:54:52 PM »
I hope I could win that.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
Just don't forget the Deezer Award.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 04:15:42 PM »
How do you enter?
Can you draw your own, or do you have to do Microsoft Paint to do it?
Most Wishy-Washy

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 04:32:11 PM »
*continues the so far tradition of having every other post have "Deezer Award" written in it*
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 05:28:03 PM »
As I said, I will post the rules tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 06:08:59 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 05:31:38 PM »
Deezer Award.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 06:18:06 PM »
As I said, I will post the rules tomorrow morning.

Thanks for doing this, but you should have waited and posted everything at once.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 06:28:03 PM »
No, the only reason I did, was JUST in case Meowrik was around....Deezer Award.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 09:31:08 AM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 11:04:10 PM »
Well, here it is, the Poster Awards, 2005. You may notice that some of the categories are re-cycled, some are new, and some are just terrible. It was intended to be so. I have included some questions you can ask yourself along the way to pick the best choice. Follow the rules, don’t turn this into a flame, and rock on.

Categories

Poster of the Year- Who is the person that best exemplifies TMK?  Who has done extraordinary things to make the forums a great place? Who pops in your mind first when you think of the forums? This year, who would you conceder the “best poster”?

Topic of the Year- Sure, this one may get a little heat from all of you. Which topic have you gotten the most out of from posting in? Which topic did you enjoy talking in the most? Was it a funny topic? Was it serious? For your vote to count, you must link directly to the topic. You also must provide the topic starter’s name next to the link. The topic must have been posted in in the year 2005.

Post of the Year- Which response to a thread did you get the most joy out of reading? Which post was the most helpful to you? Was it a very funny post?  For your vote to count, you must link directly to the topic. You also must provide the poster’s name next to the link. The post must have been made in the year 2005.

Most Productive Poster- This is NOT the person whom you think posts the most. In fact, this award is far from that. This award goes to the person whom you feel makes the most of his or her time here. Perhaps the poster made 2 posts in the last month? Is this person annoying? (That answer to that one should be “no.”).

Smartest Poster- Which person here has demonstrated the most knowledge? This not only pertains to the Mario world, but to the real world as well. Who here has demonstrated his or her scholarship and alacrity through his or her posts?

Most Amiable Poster- Who here makes you feel the most comfortable? Is this person always kind to everyone? Which person here is able to brighten your day with his or her personality?

Best Signature- We’re going to try something new for this one. This one is simple. Which signature do you think rocks? For your vote to count, you must include the poster, and his or her signature that you vote for. For example; my chemistry signature is a completely separate vote from my Button signature.

Funniest Poster- Who makes you laugh the most? This one isn’t even worth an explanation, it’s self explanatory.

Most Creative Poster- Who is the most unique with his or her posts, ideas, or views?

Deezer Award- The Deezer Award

Rules

1. You may not vote for yourself.
2. Do not complain about the votes of another.
3. Please don’t complain about the categories. My definitions and questions to help you are just guidelines. You are free to interpret the categories beyond what I have stated. These still must be within reason though.
4. IN ORDER FOR YOUR VOTE TO COUNT…. YOU MUST USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE! PLEASE COPY AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR POST! I don’t like to yell.

Poster of the Year-

Topic of the Year-

Post of the Year-

Most Productive Poster-

Smartest Poster-

Most Amiable Poster-

Best Signature-

Funniest Poster-

Most Creative Poster-

Deezer Award-

5. Do not vote without a complete template, this is to make the tallying of the votes easier.
6. If you wish to vote for one category, but abstain from another, please enter “Did not vote” next to the category.
7. You may edit your vote.
8. You may only vote for one per category.
9. The same person may be voted for more than one time in different categories.
10. For any of these votes to count, they must have taken place in the year 2005.

VOTING IS NOW OPEN.

VOTING CLOSES AT 12:00 AM, EST ON JANURARY 10th, 2006.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 09:31:02 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 11:43:43 PM »
Poster of the Year- Bird Person

Topic of the Year- http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=7732.0 (Ultimate Birthday Compliation by Sapphira):

Post of the Year- http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=8800.msg398426#msg398426 (Koopaslaya)

Most Productive Poster- Deezer

Smartest Poster- Megabyte

Most Amiable Poster- Sapphira

Best Signature- Push Button, Recieve Bacon!! (Koopaslaya)

Funniest Poster- Lizard Dude

Most Creative Poster- Poop Dude

Deezer Award- Deezer
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 12:01:58 AM by Luigi Simpson »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 11:49:55 PM »
Poster of the Year-Khold

Topic of the Year-How is it possible to improve SSBM?

Post of the Year-Chup's

Most Productive Poster-Super Cathrena! (sp?)

Smartest Poster-Black Mage

Most Amiable Poster-Luigison

Best Signature-(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
If you stare at my signature for four minutes and thirty-three seconds you can hear the song 4’33” by John Cage (Yoshisaurus Rex)

Funniest Poster-Lizard Dude

Most Creative Poster-Sapphira

Deezer Award-Who else?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 09:36:18 PM by Aarom11 »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 12:59:07 AM »
 With the advent of the Private Message function, I'd imagine that's probably a good way to vote. What with being confidential and all. It's not a big deal or anything, but I'm just throwing it out there.

As for my votes, I'll get to it a bit later, preferably when it's not two in the morning.

Print