Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 100770 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2009, 10:10:13 PM »
Unused Yoshi feature in SM64? I've never heard of that...

Never finished, all there is is an unused hatching egg sprite in the WDW data... See it in the video below (I know it says it's a cheat, but it's actually a Toad's Tool edit or such):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwB1IA4x6g
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »
Let's just hope that you can do the same Yoshi tricks that you can do in Sunshine.
Taken out of context from a confused post, yes, but I think this is a good point of mini-discussion: What do you think we're going see Yoshi do in this game? So far, it looks like he'll be turning into living versions of powerups past--I've seen the floating Blue Yoshi (basically appears to be Balloon Mario with a Bee Mario-esque "air" meter) and a really fast-running Orange Yoshi (akin to the Turbo Nozzle). Hopefully we'll see something new...er.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »
What about Winged Yoshi? Seeing a return of that power-up would surely brighten my day.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
Ah, of course! Hopefully, it won't be a Flying Mario-esque means of movement about the hub...

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »
Speaking of which, a more Isle Delfino-esque hub would be a pleasant surprise. In my opinion, Delfino Plaza > Peach's Castle > Rosalina's space station, mainly because a hub should be more than just a means of accessing levels.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »
Well, SMG was designed to be more like the old Mario games.

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
What about Winged Yoshi? Seeing a return of that power-up would surely brighten my day.

Innnndeeed. In fact, every SMW-Yoshi-related addition to SMG2 is another 2 reasons for me to get it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »
I wonder if swinging the Wii Remote like you would to do to a spin in Galaxy would a way to dismount Yoshi. See, that'd be cool because it'd be like dismounting him in Super Mario World. They could throw in the "spin jump" sound effect from SMW when you do it, also! How cool would that be?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »
That would be cool, but I think Nintendo might make you able to do a spin when Mario is riding Yoshi. Since Yoshi already has a Flutter Jump for extra height after a normal jump, I doubt the spin will allow Yoshi to gain more mid-air leverage.

Never finished, all there is is an unused hatching egg sprite in the WDW data.

There is also an unused Blargg in the game, but it is extremely primitive. It also has an animation, which is probably used for lunging at Mario. Footage can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6MxvhRaZLE&fmt=18
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
Shaking can happen unintentionally when playing the Wii, so I don't know if that would be the best way to dismount. May I suggest, though, that whatever button you hit to get off Yoshi will elicit a SMW-esque spin jump if you shake the remote simultaneously?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
Yeah, that's what I was saying! Throw in the spin jump sound effect, too!
Formerly quite reasonable.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 01:23:27 AM »
Look what I have found!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gHTYlkdHx4&feature=channel_page

It looks very interesting! Some of the sketches are really curious, especially the one at 1:48, for example...I have never seen that level!
Maybe some of these sketches have been the inspiration of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Can't wait to play the game!!!
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
It's Super Mario Galaxy all over again with slightly better graphics, different music, Yoshi, and new gimmicks! Yay!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 04:09:07 PM »
Let's hope that the sketch at 1:48 becomes reality in SMG2. Does that level's style remind anyone else of Windfall Island from LOZ:Wind Waker?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
That's Buoy Base, folks.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print