Print

Author Topic: UPDATE: Mario Kart Wii Cheaters Emerge  (Read 4632 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »

You can take snaking out of Mario Kart, but you can't take snakes out of Mario Kart. Euro gamers are reporting across the 'net that cheaters have descended upon Mario Kart Wii's online time trials. Certain players out there are exploiting a cheat that allows them to rank a low time trial without finishing a full go around. Nintendo hasn't made an official comment as to whether or not they will fix this bug. Let's hope they do as soon as possible!

Link: onm.co.uk

Update: Please see the Fungi Forums for Nintendo's official response.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:35:25 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »
Snaking was a freaking intentional part of MKDS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:45:01 PM »
Snaking was a freaking intentional part of MKDS.
What does that have to do with his post?

In any case, many versions of Mario Kart have had some exploits dealing with incorrect lap detection.  But this sounds a lot worse and should have been one of the most simple things to prevent.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:34:01 AM »
As an update, Nintendo seems to be deleting records of the cheaters, and Nintendo has patched any future glitches in relation to that bug. Hopefully that clears everything up!

Link: gonintendo.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print