Print

Author Topic: Suffix Conducts: The Legend of Zelda Medley  (Read 3420 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:59 PM »
In June 2007, after much work and sweating, I finally got to conduct the piece I transcribed, a popular Legend of Zelda Medley, similar to that in the Play! concerts. Mine was slightly shorter and easier.

This was the first time I had ever conducted, and it's clear through this that I'm inexperienced. Still, it doesn't sound too bad, if you ask me! But what do you, the people of Fungi Forums, think?

Youtube video

My favorite part is the "Dark World" music from A Link to the Past.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:21:05 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
 Very good. I enjoyed it a lot. You arranged it very nicely.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
That's pretty great that you got to do that. I don't know of any situation I might be in that would allow me to do such a thing. I would say, though, that you could loosen up your conducting. Of course, being your first time conducting, it wasn't bad at all. At any rate, it's pretty cool for you to be able to do that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
That's great conducting! I think it was a bit odd at the beginning, but it really came together shortly after. Being a first time, you did incredibly well.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
Hehehe, I found metronome Suffix to be really amusing while the band was playing all these slow melodic pieces. But I still got chills during the opening build-up, so y'all did 'er good me pally.

Point out which one is your dad better - I can't really tell what a viola is.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »
Thank you, thank you! And Chupperson, the reason I got to do this was because it was the last concert, and seniors were required to do solos, duets, or other important things. I secretly made this my important thing, and I didn't let on that the music was from the Legend of Zelda until George, the orchestra director, said he liked it.

As for my father, the violas are in the center-right part of the orchestra. He stands out because the violas consist of mostly girls, he's tall, and in the back.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 12:58:50 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 09:24:20 PM »
That was great, Suffix! You looked kind of metronome-ish, but the orchestra did a good job of keeping up with you, so at least you didn't go to crazy with your hand motions (of course, I have little/no idea what I'm talking about, since I've never conducted anything..)

Any chance of you creating (not necessarily conducting) a Mario piece?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:30:49 AM »
Unfortunately, no. I'm not going to be a senior in high school twice.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
Yeah, not now you won't. If you really cared, you could have skipped all the finals for your classes last spring. Thanks for nothing, Suffix.

Print