Print

Author Topic: The GRAD thread: Discuss your post-secondary education plans here!  (Read 33011 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
We've been assigned to listen to a different radio station each week and write a two-page report about its content. It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have to listen for three consecutive hours, from 6:00 to 9:00 AM, once a week for the rest of the semester.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
Go to grad school for statistics because the job market from fall '08 to summer '09 was hilariously bad for entry level positions.

Although really right now I'm ignoring my classes big time and only focusing on the class I'm TAing for :|
~I.S.~

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
Go to grad school for statistics

But that involves... numbers... ;~;

I have to ask eight strangers a question and assemble their responses into a 45-second montage. Any suggestions as to what the question should be? Whatever it is, it should elicit a substantial answer beyond "yes" or "no".

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:58 PM »
I don't know what to do about the montage, but I have a suggestion about the radio assignment. Look (or listen..) for a radio show called Bob and Tom. They are hilarious: they do regular news, but there is also a regular comedian friend of theirs on the show, and there are often a lot of funny moments mixed in with the regular programming.

They also get a wide variety of guests on the show. Some are muscial guests, some are comedians.. but all of them are a blast to listen to. It might make the assignment a bit more fun, though getting up that early is still a pain in the butt.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »
A certain all-girls private college is quite literally bombarding me with mail. They'll send the same stuff twice. Thrice.

I plan to get my BS in nursing. College apps are going well, just gotta get to the scholarships. I aim to eventually work in pediatric oncology. And if someone TELLS me, quite obnoxiously, that I should be a doctor instead and tries to argue me down one more time I'm gonna freaking scream. Why don't YOU go be a doctor, ma'm/sir?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
Bob and Tom

Thanks for the suggestion, but we're assigned to listen to specific local stations.

Pt, I demand that you become a doctor because they are more valuable than nurses.

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:12 AM »
I am now majoring in history. Hooray for being poor.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 03:25:01 AM »
I'm probably going to grad school for engineering, 'cause everyone overseas is advancing rapidly in that area, and pretty soon a master's degree will essentially be required for any decent paying job.

It used to be that a bachelor's in engineering had you set for life, but now China and India are spitting out engineers that work for chicken feed. :P
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
God Tier: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Engineering, Medicine.

Top Tier: Law, Stats, Pharmacology, Geology.

Middle Tier: Life Sciences, Computer Science, Kinesiology.

Low Tier: Psychology, Business, Economics, Information Technology.

Garbage Tier: Music, History, English, Philosophy, Political Science, Anthropology.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 02:29:58 PM »
In terms of pay, yes. However, everything above Low Tier is boring-ass technical [dukar] that only Aspergers kids should find interesting.

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
If that's supposed to be in terms of pay, those tiers are pretty inaccurate. Math, physics, chemistry, and astronomy above law? Blrghahahaha.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »
I'm going to write a book and make ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 10:27:16 PM »
I'm currently studying nuke engineering, with hope of blowing up half of the planet in a roaring rampage of revenge with an extreme desire to relieve the nation of it's dependence on foreign energy sources.

yay nukelar energy!

also, i hate my nuclear physics professor.  thought it was important for me to share.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:22 AM »
Man I hope your career nosedives. No offense or anything, but we don't need dangerous, uncontainable energy "sources" (why create deadly radiation to generate STEAM?) when we can use perfectly safe ways to gather energy instead. And no, concrete walls and pools of water are not enough to contain nuclear radiation no matter what the industry would have you believe.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010, 05:02:09 AM »
Nuclear energy is pretty smart by that logic. It creates more energy and reduces the number of people who need to use it.

Print