Print

Author Topic: Winter 2011 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 23382 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
Hey! Tiebreakers! Loads of 'em!

Tiebreaker voting will be going on for the next few weeks until 12:01 AM Eastern on Sunday, March 11th. Make your voice heard again for the first time!

It's approximately that time of year again I suppose! Let's do this dukar!

You know the drill, but in case you don't, here is the nature of the drill:

• Don't vote for yourself. Vote for me instead.
  • You can vote for two people in each category. You can vote for one as winner and one as runner-up, or equally for both.
  • You can also vote for just one person in a category if you want.
  • Change your vote by editing your post as many times as you want, until voting closes.
  • If you have better ideas for award categories than me, throw them out there and see if they catch on.
  • Votes should be for stuff that happened in 2011, or on December 30th or 31st of 2010 (when the last awards started). Stuff that happened this month is okay, but try to remember back farther if you can.
  • Voting will close at 12:01 AM Eastern time on February 4th, 2012.

The categories, separated by the category of the category, are categorized as follows:

Star Awards
The Star Awards are the best of the best. If you get one of these, you are obviously a better person than everyone who didn't get one.

Poster of the Year: All in all, who best exemplified the spirit of the forums this year?
Post of the Year: That one perfect comment that tied everything together, or that perfectly constructed Zelda timeline theory, or that one ribald riposte that... um... ratcheted... something... whatever.
Topic of the Year: The thread that tied us together to collaboratively create something hilarious, moving, intriguing, or other various emotions.
Image of the Year: A drawing, a photo, or a well-timed meme. Actually, probably just a drawing or photo.

Flower Awards
The Flower Awards are almost as nice as the Star Awards, but not quite, because flowers are gay. Close, though.

Most Amiable: Amiable means nice.
Funniest: Funny means funny.
Most Creative: The poster who would have come up with better category descriptions than that.
Most Creepiest: Who do you most suspect of having a secret collection of body pillow pillowcases with pictures of his (or her!) Sunday school teachers printed on them?
Smartest: Who's the most out-of-place in this cesspool of neckbeard?

Mushroom Awards
The Mushroom in Mushroom Awards represents either growth or basicness or something like that; I'm kinda vague on that one.

Best Mod: Who did the best job keeping us in line?
Best Newbie: Who was the best new member? (Note that the member does not have to have registered in 2011, only that they first became active in 2011.)
Blast from the Past: Which returning veteran inspired the most nostalgia in us?
Most Missed: Who needs to dump their girlfriend and come back to us right now? This does not necessarily have to be someone who left in 2011, just someone who should've been here.
Most Improved: Who had the most striking contrast of posting quality between back thenish and nowish?

Leaf Awards
The Leaf Awards are all awards from early incarnations of the Poster Awards that haven't seen much play since then. Let's find out first hand why they stopped being used.

Best Name: Names are more permanent than they used to be, so this doesn't have to be exclusively names that were made up/given/changed to/used/whatever in 2011. Just which poster around here do you think has the coolest name.
Best Signature: Some people recorded their sigs in the new sig topic, so you can use that for reference if you want to try voting in this one. You can also go further into the past than 2011 if you want, since this category hasn't been around for a while.
Most Average: Does this mean most normal by Fungi Forums standards, or most normal by normal standards? You decide! I guess.
Most Mario-wise Poster: Who is the most freakishly obsessed knowledgeable about Mario minutiae (or Mariotiae, as I like to call it)?
Meowiest Poster: Meow.

Frog Suit Awards
Winning a Frog Suit Award obviously makes you a better person than the people who won Star Awards.

Dynamic Duo: Which pair of posters need to get a room already?
Queen of Posters: Who's the fourteen-year-old who we will elect to be the person who appoints our senator and makes us eat cake and ties our mother down while sweating to the oldies?
WTD Award: Who and/or what made you say "WTD?" this year?
Glorb Award: It's the Glorb Award.
Deezer Award: It's the Deezer Award.

Copy and paste this to use for your votes, or don't:
Code: [Select]
[b]Poster of the Year:[/b]
[b]Post of the Year:[/b]
[b]Topic of the Year:[/b]
[b]Image of the Year:[/b]

[b]Most Amiable:[/b]
[b]Funniest:[/b]
[b]Most Creative:[/b]
[b]Most Creepiest:[/b]
[b]Smartest:[/b]

[b]Best Mod:[/b]
[b]Best Newbie:[/b]
[b]Blast from the Past:[/b]
[b]Most Missed:[/b]
[b]Most Improved:[/b]

[b]Best Name:[/b]
[b]Best Sig:[/b]
[b]Most Average:[/b]
[b]Most Mario-wise Poster:[/b]
[b]Meowiest Poster:[/b]

[b]Dynamic Duo:[/b]
[b]Queen of Posters:[/b]
[b]WTD Award:[/b]
[b]Glorb Award:[/b]
[b]Deezer Award:[/b]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:19:50 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »
That's a buttload of categories.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7
Post of the Year: PL's post / SB's post
Topic of the Year:
Image of the Year:

Most Amiable: Toad
Funniest:
Most Creative: Kojinka
Most Creepiest:
Smartest:

Best Mod: Luigison
Best Newbie: Qwerty, even though he hasn't posted in three months / A, who joined in 2010 but didn't post until 2011
Blast from the Past: *~*Stealth-LinK*~*
Most Missed: Chupperson Weird / Black Mage
Most Improved:

Best Name: Tim Buckley
Best Sig:
Most Average: CoconutMikeNIke
Most Mario-wise Poster: CrossEyed7 / jdaster64
Meowiest Poster:

Dynamic Duo:
Queen of Posters: Pt_Peach / CongressionalWombat
WTD Award: The Bronies. All of them.
Glorb Award:
Deezer Award: Deezer, patron saint of male-pattern balding / TEM
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:04:30 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
My attention-paying has somewhat dropped this year for whatever reason, but I'll hit you with what I've got so far:

Image of the Year: teh funniest meme evar!
Post of the Year: The Mii Final Smash
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Happy Iowa Caucus day! Good day for voting, innit?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

A

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »
Best Newbie: A
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
Next year we should add a Best Oldie category.  (Not that I'd win it.  I'm simply the Most Oldie.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
If I don't finally win the Deezer Award this year I'm leaving.

FOREVER.

F - O - R - E - V - E - R.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo</a>?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
I wonder how many more posts consisting of 3 second My Little Pony clips I can take before I leave forever too.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »
Most of my rl friends have become bronies too.

I don't have as many friends anymore.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Right behind you, LD

Pony fools. Learn this: If you talk about or bring up any subject enough, you'll look like you have an obsession, and it's not cool. If you talk about or bring up an unusual subject enough, it looks like a forced ploy for attention, and that's even further below not cool. And there is a difference between not caring about being cool, and actively trying to be obnoxious. Let me explain.

It looks as if you bring it up hoping someone will say "GAYEEEEE" or "God[darn] ponies" or "Why do you watch that show for little girls?" At which point you'll go into "NO, IT IS GOOD THING AND YOU ARE TOO BIGOTED" mode to prove how open-minded and free-thinking you are but by that point no one's taking you seriously. It just looks like you want the reaction, whether your reaction to the reaction is sincere is no longer a question. You are going to look like a fool no matter what.

As an open-minded free thinker, just like you, I really, truly, don't give a [dukar] what tv shows you watch--if it's your business and nobody else's, it sure isn't mine. But as a person who frequents a Mario forum with more pony avatars than Mario avatars, I do care how "look at me, right now!" the fanbase is about it. I am disgusted when I see characters I respect pasted onto the pony template, and it's getting harder and harder to ignore you--and harder and harder to tell if you're all trolls, or if you all need help. Either way, I can't take the ponydom seriously anymore. From no angle do you look normal. Even WarpRattler and his entire legion of animes are human compared to you.

I can't tell you what to do, pony guys, but I can tell you what I think of you, and if you expect me to just accept all of your crap, you better take it civilly. I think your whole community is either embarrassingly obsessed... or isn't really in it for the cartoon itself, but for the reactions of other people. I don't really know what to think and don't really care to find out, either way, I'd love it if you kept it down.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:27:21 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
I mean, I was just gonna say GAYEEEEEEEE. But that was great.

Also, your signature is a nice coda.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Everytime I think about changing it I decide "No, man, this is my outlook on life"
It's YOUR problem!

Print