Print

Author Topic: Winter 2011 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 23229 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I've spent more money on one western game in the past couple of months than I have on anime pretty much ever. (Maybe not more time in the periods given, but the game in question is something I started playing in sixth grade, so...)

Anyway, the whole pony thing tops my "fanbases that really annoy me" list (followed closely by Homestuck). However, it's primarily an Internet issue for me - unlike Ultima Shadow, I know exactly one RL person who watches the show, and she's my younger sister, so she has an excuse (or, at least, more of one than many of the fans we're talking about). And she doesn't obsess over it like a lot of online fans do. She doesn't ship characters, she doesn't make stupid fan art - hell, the only things outside of the show itself (and some associated official merchandise) she's interested in are the Super Ponybeat albums, and a big part of why she cares about those is because one of the TOHO EUROBEAT guys made them.

(That said, outside of the pony thing and some other western works like BBC Sherlock, she's certainly someone BP's claims of "legions of animes" could be leveled at. I'm pretty sure she's finished more anime and manga series than I've ever started, and she's only fifteen.)

As an aside, I like how we're complaining about ponies instead of voting in the awards this thread is supposed to be about.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
She doesn't ship characters, she doesn't make stupid fan art
No one on the forums does that either, though.

Well, we do in our spare time, obviously, but not here.

Well, okay, I did make this, but still.

As an aside, I like how we're complaining about ponies instead of voting in the awards this thread is supposed to be about.
This! Vote, guys! Only sixteen days to go! If people don't start voting, I'm gonna have to choose all the awards myself and crown myself Queen of Posters.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:59:55 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:32 AM »
Poster of the Year: Weegee
Post of the Year: This
Topic of the Year: Ponies! HAAHAHA NO NOT REALLY. Not really. [darn]. I've had a lot of fun with this
Image of the Year: This one makes me laugh

Most Amiable: Toad. I don't think I've ever read anything written by Toad that could offend any sane person
Funniest: Toad, again, he has proven very handy with puns
Most Creative: Nobody who has ever started a "The X Thread, Y Here" or "You X You Lose" or "Why haven't any of you played X." What are my options.
Most Creepiest: bobbysq1337, with the way he quotes something for each of his posts. It's like he consumes your words for his power, used for evil, like a vampire, it's scary
Smartest: Luigison, what a nerd

Best Mod: Why is this even a category? There're what, three of us?
Best Newbie: Puqtd. lex-23 would've had it if she knew how old Lubba was
Blast from the Past: me
Most Missed: I still don't think she was right but it's a shame how Sapphira went. And where has Kuromatsu gotten to? Yeah, all he did in the later days was talk about space ships with Warp in the chat, but...
Most Improved: I don't have a vote here, but it reminds me, I'd like to apologize for how terrible I was before I left and came back. In my absence I learned how not that serious the Internet really is and the value of not caring.

Best Name: TheMightyThor. Still disappointed.
Best Sig: the one with the Revolver Ocelot whiskey
Most Average: CoconutMikeNIke
Most Mario-wise Poster: Chef
Meowiest Poster: That kitty girl who joined and talked all Japanese

Dynamic Duo: Me and A, apparently, except if I want to vote for me I have to vote for Crosseyed, so Crosseyed and A
Queen of Posters: WarpRattler can have it
WTD Award: http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=13845.0
Glorb Award: the spambots
Deezer Award: TEM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14:17 AM »
Poster of the Year: BP and CrossEyed7.
Most Creative: CrossEyed7, for making that holiday EP.
Best Newbie: Puqtd, for sure.
Blast from the Past: BP and Chocobo.
Most Missed: Kuromatsu and Mr. Wiggles.
Queen of Posters: Yeah, I'll agree with BP's vote here.
Glorb Award: TEM
Deezer Award: Deezer
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:44:07 AM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7, Turtlekid.
Post of the Year:
Image of the Year:

Most Amiable: Toad. If you don't like him I will send a chimp to violate you. 
Funniest: Weegee. He makes misogyny look almost funny.
Most Creative: CrossEyed7.
Most Creepiest:
Smartest: Luigison. I'm fairly certain most (if not all) of his posts were about science and math. You know, smart people things.

Best Mod: BP. Thanks for adhering to that old libertarian adage, "The best government governs not at all." 
Best Newbie: bobbysq1337
Blast from the Past:
Most Missed: Mr. Wiggles. :[ 
Most Improved:

Best Name:
Best Sig: "Trrry not to suck!!"~BP
Most Average: 
Most Mario-wise Poster: Chef. To my knowledge, the only user who talked extensively and exclusively about Mario, of all subjects.
Meowiest Poster: CrossEyed7 for Searscat

Dynamic Duo:
Queen of Posters: Lizard Dude
WTD Award: Sapphira, mostly because she was really annoying her last time here.
Glorb Award: Steven9wii
Deezer Award: TEM
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:04:41 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7
Most Amiable: Toad
Most Creative: CrossEyed7
Smartest: MEGAߥTE
Best Mod: Bird Person
Most Missed: Black Mage
Most Mario-wise Poster: CrossEyed7
Meowiest Poster: LilKitten
Dynamic Duo: Cora & AmbitiousShade
Queen of Posters: Chocobo
WTD Award: CrossEyed7
Glorb Award: Puqtd
Deezer Award: Deezer

You people voting TEM for the Deezer Award are a disgrace to TMK for caving to his pathetic terrorist threats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:50:18 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
Post of the Year: This was pretty brave.
I'm going to surprise myself here and say that this post doesn't count as it was in 2012.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
Ah, you're right. I'll remove it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:44 AM »
Cora and AmbitiousShade don't count for the same reasons. Most Improved vote dropped.

(Chocobo does count for Blast from the Past and such, outside of her aforementioned post.)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »
Don't listen to Lizard Dude. He's a grumpy old man afraid of change. I'll lead us into a brighter, better tomorrow.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
You people voting TEM for the Deezer Award are a disgrace to TMK for caving to his pathetic terrorist threats.
TEM Award: Deezer

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »
Lemme intentionally disqualify myself for that category just because Warp never responded to me on Twitter.

Hue.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
Don't listen to Lizard Dude. He's a grumpy old man afraid of change. I'll lead us into a brighter, better tomorrow.

THAT'S WHAT THE COMMUNISTS SAID
YOU ARE THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
When I gain control of the website after winning the Deezer award I'll make sure that no communist systems get put into place.

However, I will require everyone who owns businesses to help pay for the web hosting fees, and the businesses that make more money have to pay more than the businesses that make less money. The ones that make less money might even get some money. It's only fair.

Vote TEM for the Deezer award!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
OH WOW THREE DAYS LEFT BETTER HURRY!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print