Print

Author Topic: Mario computer game under development  (Read 2293 times)

« on: March 18, 2002, 11:27:50 AM »
I'm making a Mario Bros. clone based on the SMB3 battle game. I haven't got very far on it, and I can't find a good MIDI for the music. With luck, it will have pickup and throw support, although right now I'm having problems with sprite collisions. Email me if you want the latest test program of it. It requires at least a 300 Mhz processor though.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 07:49:17 PM »
You need an Emulator to play it, right?

Because right now, my computer is screw up and I practically can't play any game unless it is on an Emulator.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it or accept that there is much more to the world than you think."

- Shigeru Miyamoto

- Mario

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 10:19:44 PM »
Sorry, it's a Windows application. I just started on pickup and throw and fixed the sprite problem. The Marios are all the same images, though, so you can't tell anyone apart. I'm using a program called Dark Basic to make it.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 08:54:23 PM »
Darn.I  Have a "Power Mac".

Me:Me Bob!
Me spike you!
Me not know what too say!
Me want too post!
Who?What?Where?Why?
Mario:You need a good stomping!
Me:HHHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................
Wha-?
Why did''nt you stomp me?
Mario:*Looking at Mushroom*
oooooooo....Mushroom.....

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2002, 09:29:46 PM »
Pickup and throw is sorta supported now; you can pick up the POW block and throw it, and if there is another player you can do the same. Now I need to work on the enemies. Does anyone else here know BASIC? I'm in 8th grade, and nobody else seems to understand my code, they're like "frame(a)=power(a)*10, what the h*ll is that supposed to mean!?".

CashCrazed; all about the $$$$$

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 01:10:12 PM »
Pickup and thorw is as supported as it ever will be, and you can hit the enemies now. I delayed for a while because I couldn't think of what to do about the enemies.

CashCrazed; all about the $$$$$

Print