Print

Author Topic: Yay, it's another fangame!  (Read 2917 times)

« on: September 10, 2005, 10:38:21 PM »
You heard me. This isn't my good one though, sorry, this is my crappy one. The good one's release is on hold until my router is fixed and my custom dedicated server, UMARIONET, which will be on 24/7, is up and running.

It's called Mario Gang Wars. The idea stems from an old series of forum avatars I made. I might as well put out the warning now that this game includes excessive violence and swearing(no sex though....yet). I started it a long time ago when I was goin' through the usual "ghetto" stage every kid goes through when they think everything related to violence, sex, drugs, and profanity is "cool".

Naturally, this game ran straight into the ground because that's ALL I originally put in it. So a while after that I added to it, actually putting together a semi-coherent storyline and saving it from just looking like, well, a typical 7th grade kid's dream game.

You can download the game here. It is a Space Quest style adventure game, laced with a Superstar Saga-type RPG battle system and special minigames. Beware, in the first part of the game you can tell how young I was when I wrote it; I left most of it in since I didn't feel like re-writing that part. Also, there are messages for EVERYTHING you click on for EVERY action, so try and do everything TO everything if you want to see where most of my writing work went. And now, here are some screenshots:

Inside the "Baron's Arms" gun shop.

A minigame where you shoot down a mob of assassin toads, House-of-the-Dead style.

The main menu. You can replay stuff you've unlocked here.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 9/10/2005 9:42:33 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:50:27 PM »
This game reminds me of Yoshi's World by Insane Steve.

I''ve noticed something amongst some people''s signatures- they''re not always perfektt.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 01:11:15 AM »
Fun, by why won't the black Yoshi sell me his mystery magic? I got 10 grand!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:48:58 AM »
Don't tell me you actually played the card game long enough to get 10 grand.....

This game plays like Yoshi's World because it was made with Adventure Game Studio as well. Also, that black Yoshi is a cameo from there. Steve let me put him in under the condition that I wouldn't kill him.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 10:46:04 AM »
Haha that's a sweet game.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »
My heart just stopped at the heart-stopping concept of the game. Mario Gang Wars! We needed this game like we need a Mario Kart combat racer with Burnout-style crashes...which is a lot.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 06:17:35 PM »
I don't get it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 11:50:33 PM »
I keep getting killed by the gun shop owner.
I don't have the card although I got it from the goomba.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 07:41:43 AM »
Hahahaha, Kirby, I think the owner hates you a lot and wants you to just die.

Burnout-esque crashes? That'd be awesome as crap, but like... there's not much of the kart to destroy...
Formerly quite reasonable.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 12:43:02 AM »
You do know how to use your inventory, right?  It's not enough to have the card - you have to actively show it to the owner.

Two questions:

1) When will the game be finished?

2) How do you post downloadable content?  I finally have access to webspace and I'm thinking of making some games, but whenever I put a link to an executable on my webspace the link just runs the executable instead of bring up a "Do you wish to download" window.

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:57:56 PM »
1. No idea if it ever WILL be finished. Like my other one, I only work on that game when I have the time and/or interest.

2. I'd say the automatic execution of programs is a problem with your download manager rather than how you uploaded the file. You should be given the option to either save OR run a downloaded EXE. Another option, if you have lots of files as part of one program, is to compress them into a ZIP file and upload that.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 03:05:54 AM »
When does the demo end?
(I HATE that mini game.)
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 07:57:40 PM »
Which one, the Toad shootout? If you're not that coordinated, it can be kinda hard. If that's the one you're talking about, you've still got a lot of the demo left to play.

Now I've gotta work on drawing some decent frames of the doppleganger Mimix, and do the Crystalline Prison. There's gonna be a couple more interesting minigames in there.

Print