Print

Author Topic: How do I change my screen name?  (Read 4247 times)

« on: November 21, 2005, 01:15:28 PM »
(Topic)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:59:10 PM »
Private Message an administrator I'd imagine.

Since there's no way to change your own screen name, thankfully, I believe they're the only ones who have the power to do so.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 02:22:53 PM »
I believe that Deezer and admins can change it. Contact them anyway you choose, but no threatening emails!!
Most Wishy-Washy

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 02:59:17 PM »
I can change your displayed name, which means you would still login with "Khold", or I can change your login name as well, which would send you a new password. If you like the second option, make sure you have the correct e-mail address in your profile.

PM me with your choice.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:04:33 PM »
Hold on, there are two name values now? A login name and a displayed name? Why not allow people to change their displayed name in their profile then, so you mods and admins don't have to worry about people bugging you for name changes all the time?
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 03:10:49 PM »
Right now the permissions say regular members can edit their own account settings. So if there's no option to change your displayed name in Profile - Account Related Settings then only admins can change it.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 10:49:26 AM »
By the way, Deezer, not to by an annoyance, because I'm sure you have gotten plenty of "hate" mail, but when will you get back to your other site, videogamejam.com? I miss getting new guitar tabs from my favorate video games... :(

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 01:05:09 PM »
During Christmas break, maybe.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:06:07 PM »
I want some guitar tabs, too. Try to get some from DDR:MM please!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 11:31:08 PM »
How are you so sure he gets plenty of hate mail? ;)

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 12:47:43 AM »
I'm not sure about this, but I can imagine some rival sites don't like TMK- an example that I can think of immediately, DK Vine.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 01:00:01 AM »
I'm surprised there's no option on this board to allow regular users to change their own screen name.

BM, what would be so bad about allowing that? You can still tell who people are by checking their permanent username, and it stops topics like this from being started in the first place.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 03:27:45 PM »
I'm not sure about this, but I can imagine some rival sites don't like TMK- an example that I can think of immediately, DK Vine.

I went to DKVine once, and I DON'T reccomend it for anyone here, although I'm sure the members who have been here longer know that.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 06:26:10 PM »
Right now the permissions say regular members can edit their own account settings. So if there's no option to change your displayed name in Profile - Account Related Settings then only admins can change it.
Sounds like it's to deter trolls (other than one getting another email addy and re-registering with their newly created email addy.)

I deleted my previous name (marioseeker) so I could register this one.

Print