Print

Author Topic: A Metroid movie is being planned!  (Read 5816 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 22, 2003, 12:48:51 PM »
Go to Nintendojo.com for more info. I posted the article here:

Metroid Movie in the Works
Apparently some people out in Hollywood have gotten their hands on one of Nintendo's hottest properties. Hollywood producers Warren Zide and Craig Perry are currently in the process of gathering writers, actors, and a director for work on a new Metroid movie. Here is the only official info we have direct from Variety.

The story is set in a once peaceful galaxy, which has its prosperity shattered by a startling discovery: On a routine mapping expedition of a planet, a survey crew discovers a new airborne life form -- the Metroid. Able to engulf other living beings, feed on their energy, and multiply in great numbers, they prove a terrifying menace. Female bounty hunter Samus Aran is commissioned by the Galactic Federation to eliminate the pests, but she soon discovers that pirates with a stolen Metroid specimen are plotting to breed an build an unstoppable army.
(jm)

Source: Variety
---------------------------------------------

I played Metroid Prime the other day at a local GameStop store. THAT GAME IS FRICKEN AWESOME! The graphics are amazing, way better than anything the Xbox can do... The sound effects are sweet, the music is pulse-pounding eerie, and the gameplay is kept in the style of the classic Metroid games... Play Metroid Prime, YOU'LL LOVE IT!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 03:50:26 PM »
You post a lot of topics, and I always reply to 'em!

Interesting Information...
 n/a

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 06:37:48 PM »
Yeah, I rented Metroid Prime a few weeks ago for a week, and your'e right, it is FRIGGIN AWESOME! I was stuck playing that game for like, 3-4 hours a day!

L is real 2041!
Don''t argue with an idiot. They will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 08:23:38 PM »
I own Metroid Prime. And way too many other GCN games, which is why I haven't played my copy yet. More is not better. But yes, Metroid Prime is very cool.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 11:25:06 PM »
Metroid Prime rocks.
But SFA is still better.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 11:45:29 PM »
"Metroid Prime rocks.
But SFA is still better."

And ya know what? That could be true! Yes, it could! But I won't know because I don't have SFA! I may never get SFA because, as I said, "more is not better." You have no idea how overwhelmed I am with the games I own right now. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD GAMES!!
(This situation is better than it would be if there were too few. Don't get me wrong.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2003, 11:49:53 PM »
Well, more is good, opposed to the lack of good games back in the N64 days.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 10:28:19 AM »
Metroid Fusion is sweet also. I have it for my GBA, and I haven't even beaten 50% of the game yet... Ironically, that is the very fist Metroid game I have played; but Metroid Fusion was so simple to learn I had no problem with it! Simple to learn, but hard to master...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 09:51:27 PM »
Fusion is WAY easier to comprehend than the other Metroid games. Not to say it's easier, but more straightforward, I think, which I like.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 12:14:17 PM »
Watoad, what's wrong with you you're quoting an opion. Did you know that Metroid wasn't that popular at all in Japan. Hmmm... a Metroid movie I guess it will be rated "PG". It will be probally stupid. Maybe it will be like the SMB movie. It might not even have anything to do with the game, I wonder.

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 12:22:22 PM »
The Metroid series have always been dark and gritty, so a PG rating is highly unlikely. Probably PG-13, or maybe even R...? If the studios who are producing the movie can keep it similar to the games' storyline, then hopefully it'll be full of action and grotesque Metroid aliens! What game do you wish the movie will be based on? Metroid Prime, Fusion, Super Metroid, Metroid 2, Metroid the original?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 12:58:21 PM »
marioguy, it's okay; I am not trying to argue with Chupperson. I have more respect for him than for anyone else in this forum (that is not to say I don't respect others, but to say that I just respect him more).

I was unaware that Metroid Prime has already been released in Japan. My thought was that they'd get Metroid when we get Wind Waker. Now that I think about it, though, I have no clue where I got that idea.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 01:37:26 PM »
"R", you wish! I hate metroid! It's just something that didn't make much money in Japan. Why the hell will they make a movie about that.

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 06:14:01 PM »
They're making a movie about it because AMERICANS like the game series, and this movie is being released in AMERICA (not Japan). But this movie will probably be rated PG-13, as the game was rated the equivelant of that in the ESRB rating system.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 08:20:54 PM »
Ahhhhh . . . Some logical reasoning in place of pure speculation for once.

Print