Print

Author Topic: Nintendo takes Super Mario & DK to San Diego Comic-Con 2013!  (Read 5883 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »
The hot topic this past weekend was all the new comic book movie information and spoilers coming from San Diego Comic-Con 2013. But did you know Nintendo was also there in full force?

That's right, during the festivities Nintendo decided to take over the Marriott Hotel in San Diego and allow fans to experience their upcoming games, among them being Super Mario 3D Worldand Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. While none of us on the staff had the honor to go (next year Deezer, right?), I was able to snag some links that give a good idea of what the games were like.

For a general walk-through of what the lounge had to offer, as well as details on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, check out Tomodom.com.
For a play-through of Super Mario 3D World, check out GameShampoo's video.
Also, Nintendo shared some photos and video on their Facebook page.

Were you there? Did you get a chance to experience anything from Nintendo? Please share it with us!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:21:30 PM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »
I went to comic con the last year before they invented bronies. I'm the luckiest guy ever
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
I wonder how many attendees way back when would've found it obnoxious that people who like those new video game things started going to "their" con.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Super-Jesse

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:50:28 PM »
I wonder how many attendees way back when would've found it obnoxious that people who like those new video game things started going to "their" con.

Funny you say that, because back when I used to go to the anime ones, I didn't go for any of the anime stuff and got a hard from my friends about it. I only went because dealers there sold Nintendo/Mario merch that wasn't available here in the USA (except through Ebay or some weird website) and I'd cosplay as Super Mario. My friends would attend all the panels, go to the show screenings, and cosplay as anime characters.For me it was just fun to walk around and see all the people, take and get pictures taken, and of course there were a few people having Smash Bros. stations or some small videogame stuff.

I guess it wasn't as weird as probably going to a comic book convention and seeing video game characters used to be, but I do remember my friends arguing with me and teasing me for not wanting to sit through the panels or watch any of the shows.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
I'd cosplay as Super Mario.

How original!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:40:01 PM »
How original!

Well I did make the FLUDD one year: http://imgur.com/a/NNuvt

And this past Halloween I did 8-bit Bowser: http://imgur.com/jspUhZq

Come to think of it, I've been Baby Mario (well, I was 4, and it was before Baby Mario existed, but I count it), Mario, Super Mario, Tanooki Mario, Cape Mario, FLUDD Mario, and...I think that's it. I should make it my goal to go as every single suit before I die.

Though, uh, I'll think I'll hold off on Cat Mario...

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
I humbly retract my sarcasm.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
If somebody catches a pic of you after you die, you could be dressed as Ghost Mario
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Super-Jesse

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 06:17:59 AM »
If somebody catches a pic of you after you die, you could be dressed as Ghost Mario

Well looks like somebody read my will...

Print