Print

Author Topic: AC: City Folk  (Read 10463 times)

« on: March 11, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »
I'm afraid that I don't understand how you transfer items or characters from the DS game to the Wii game. How do you do it? .. and while I'm asking, exactly what transfers? I've heard money, catalog, and items on hand, but not knowing how means I can't test the theory..

I hate having so many active topics on the Game Help Board, but I digress..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:31:13 PM »
The only difference between choosing the DS suitcase and starting fresh is that you'll have all of the items that you collected in AC:WW (They will appear in your AC:CF item catalog), character's face and name. That's all. The bells, your mansion and drawn patterns will not be transfered to AC:CF.

Also, here's an AC:CF online guide. Everything you need to know is listed on the left hand side of the page. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »
Oh, I thought there was some way to get patterns, items, etc..

Well thanks!

Actually, wait: Do you (or anybody reading the topic) know of a good way to raise lots of Nook Points (Nook Shop Points, or something like that)? I'm not trying to be lazy about it, but I know most of the items that you get from having lots of shop points are Mario related (I'm excited about the Zelda and Metroid ones too), and I was wondering if there were a special item you can buy/order several times in order to raise points quickly..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
But you can get items from AC:WW. You just have to transfer them to AC:CF by using the DS suitcase. Afterwards, they'll appear in Tom Nook's catalog.

Quote from: AC:CF online guide
Transferring a character

* Start a new game and select "Move from DS!" instead of "Start fresh!".
    * Turn on your Nintendo DS with the Animal Crossing: Wild World game card inserted, and select DS Download Play. Then select the Moving Van panel.
    * Animal Crossing: City will then prompt you to register your character.
    * Only your characters face, name and some catalog items will be transferred, but money, items in your pockets and accessories won't be transferred.

Now, about the Nook Points...

Quote from: AC:CF online guide
When buying an item in Nook's store, a character gains 1 Nook Point for every 100 bells spent. This includes items bought directly from the store and from Nook's catalog. Occasionally Nook will offer a "5x Point Special", a day-long promotion in which a character instead gets 5 points for every 100 bells spent (not 1 point for every 20 bells spent, which rounds differently).
...Yes, you can order from the catalog to get more Nook Points.

There was a point special on March 15th. I think point specials happen once a month on a random day, so be on the look-out when April arrives. You can probably earn a lot of Nook Points by purchasing tons of lucky gold cats and moons. I haven't tried this yet, but it might work.

P.S. You cannot earn Nook Points by shopping at Crazy Redd's store.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
Ah. I've been wondering about the Nook pts. Thanks for the bit about Redd, though I kinda figured.. XD

I actually figured out the moving thing, though now there's some confusion: there are two characters named Toad on the player select. It creates confusion when animals talk about one Toad, then tell my wife to deliver a message to Toad.. She doesn't know which one to pick! XD

It's usually just the one that I play as, but still funny (I don't use the DS character much. I wonder if I could find a use for him..)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
I had an extra character in the original to store extra junk that I didn't have room for but didn't want to get rid of.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
That's a good idea. I could use him to store all those extra Mario items I keep getting from the balloon presents. And speaking of balloon presents: I've heard they appear at a time ending in 4 or 5 (ie: 3:25, 8:54, etc) and appear at the 'top' of the town. I finally bought a slingshot last night, and then saw only 3 more presents after that (between 11:30 and midnight) then they stopped appearing (no, it wasn't raining.. does that matter?)

I haven't seen any balloon presents today as my character (My wife saw at least one, and she too has a slingshot..) which is why I ask.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »
I'm pretty the balloon presents appear 24/7 and once every hour (usually on 05, 15, 25, 35, 45 or 55 minutes). I usually find the balloon presents at the top of my town as well, and I haven't tested whether or not the balloon presents appear on rainy days, but they might still appear.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
Nah, I've shot down at least three balloons within one hour. I read somewhere that they appear only on the edges of what are designated as the town's "acres."

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »
I read that too, today. But since I'm still at work, I have yet to set-up any acres (lay patterns down along the borders) and test any theories.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
Quick question which ties into Toad's initial post -- What would happen if you were to import a character wearing items no longer existant in AC:CF? The only discontinued commodity that comes to mind is the Mini Moustache (AKA the WWII 'stache), but there may be a few others.

...Not that I was planning on creating any individuals with said facial hair, of course...

But yeah.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »
No accessories that your character is wearing transfers. Only their current appearance and catalog does.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
My bad... thanks.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
This is kinda off the original topic, but if you happen to get 50,000 Nook Points, does the game give you some kind of message telling you that you won't get any more pts until you spend some?

I would test this myself, but I am not even remotley close to having 50,000: I'm at like 1,034.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
OK, the bots are getting really creative... quoting bits from previous posts, the forum, and the title.  What bot-blocking criteria are there for signing up on the FF, anyway?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print