Print

Author Topic: paper mario..how to beat bowser  (Read 7674 times)

« on: March 04, 2001, 04:55:12 PM »
any hints or tricks to beat him the second time you face him.

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2001, 05:54:52 PM »
Bowser's sorta tough to beat. This is what I recommend:
Of course, when he turns "invincible", use the Peach Beam to break the spell.
Stock up on Life Shrooms. Have about 3 or 4.
Also bring other FP/HP resorting things.
Don't forget to use Smooch when you're low on the great items you should bring.
Mostly Tayce T's dishes. Items are important in this battle. Equip the Double Dip badge.
Use Bow. Sure, she can't do much damamge but she's great for dodging Bowser's massive HP-killing attacks.
Bowser will Heal himself. Don't get discouraged, just keep going at him.

That's all I can say. Good luck, restore peace and save the princess! We're all counting on you.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2001, 03:31:07 PM »
I myself would suggest using Watt as a partner, Mega Smash, Feeling Fine, Zap Tap, and Happy Heart/Flower badges, and have one or two Life Shrooms.
Just keep using Mega Smash and Electro Dash, plus block Bowser's light wave attack if you can.  If he kills you once and the Life Shroom goes, then use a Deluxe Feast or Jelly Ultra.  When Mega Smash runs out, use Star Storm, then Shooting Stars.
Of course, this is my strategy and a lot of other ones will work too.

------------------------------
This post brought to you by: Luigi of the Pipes
Goombas Rule!!!
------------------------------
This post brought to you by: Luigi of the Pipes
Goombas Rule!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2001, 01:00:18 PM »
If you have the seven stars put bowser to sleep. Then use zap tap. If that does not work use shrink jump. Bring lots of healers. Make a super shake with a super shroom and maple syrup.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2001, 07:07:31 PM »
Well It is a tough battle...King Bowser has 99HP! Sheesh thats alot in this game. Watt has the skill of disregarding Defense, Peach Beam when he is SUPER Bowser. Flower Saver (-1FP each attack)Damage Dodge and the other Damage Badge to get dealt less damage. Lucky Day Badge (Do the Super Mail Relay)is like a temporary Bow because he misses about 1/4 the time! Mega Smash or Mega Jump is what you should attack with...and remember to defend yourself if he sits on you..you'll lose an item or your gear if not. and defend his slashes with deal poison too! Keep lots of Flower helpers (Syurps or Meals and bumps) Of course his Firewall use the firebadge to get dealt 1 less damage (which is a good thing!)Now when attacking don't waste time with Watt's other attacks cause it wont work! Just plain attacking  works best! Just remember to beam him when hes super charged! 19 damage on a super bolt or 21 on a super flame!

Good Luck! Tell Mario's story correctly!

Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2001, 07:07:54 PM »
Darn i gotta stop doing that! Sorry...I made errors! When he slashes you, you get poisoned for 3 turns so defend your self. He does recover alot! but dont let that stop you!

Edited by - King Koopa on 5/21/2001 6:10:35 PM
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2001, 11:01:55 PM »
This is what I did when I beat him:
(My memorie's rusty with the names of items and stuff though so I apologize if they're not correct, I rented the game)
Equip the Lucky Badge, Spike protector Badge, HP Plus, and Power Bounce badges.  Also have Watt with you.  Some other things that would help would be the highest Merlee spell that you can buy, and tons of Life Shrooms.  The strategy that I went with was to use the Power Bounce on Bowser and mostly regular attacks, and of course the Peach Beam when he becomes invincible.  Do not use any special attacks or any of your items until you're down to your last Life Shroom.  I was lucky enough that he never used the HP recover at all while I battled him but if he does, just keep going, he'll eventually go down.  For some reason, I actually thought he was easier than the Crystal King!

Note:  Best viewed in font Sarcasm.
Note:  Best viewed in font Sarcasm.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2001, 05:50:38 AM »
I had watt,mega smash,and that was all the moves.I had a life shroom or two and an ultra shroom.He isn't that hard,c'mon people.

All hail the almighty Oreo cookie master.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2001, 05:41:26 PM »
All I did was use the star spirts Smouch on short notices. I had a slew of life shrooms, and Ultra Shrooms. Now after that you ................. and ......................................................................................

<<7 days later>>

.............................................................................................and that is how you do it. Hey! Why are you sleeping! Oh, right. I think I got carried away. Let's try the short version. You have to have guts and luck on your side.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2001, 09:13:13 AM »
I used Watt or the Star Spirits to beat Bowser. I had 3 or 4 life-restoring items just in case, but I used one of them.

Watt was the general strong point. His ability to shock through defenses without using any FP is ever-so-useful.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
TMK''s newest affiliate
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Link

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2001, 03:39:24 PM »
That's weird because I used Kooper the whole time and he was stronger than any of my other characters. But what I would say is not to use any of Bow's attacks, Bowser can block any, and I mean any, of her attacks.

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2001, 04:21:56 PM »
I didn't need any items. I just kept using Mega Jump and Bomb to the end. I don't really reccomend this so have both Mega badges and use Watt's Electrodash. In both, use smooch when you're low on HP, If you're using MJ and Bomb use Refresh when he poisons you. It might sound unreliable but it worked for me.  

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2001, 04:59:28 PM »
Bowser... well everybody i know said Bowser is really hard but when i beat him it seemed way to easy!

¿\\-MARK-//?
¿\\-MARK-//?

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2001, 08:50:49 AM »
I posted this on another thread, but just so you people know my strategy, I go all out. I bring 3 life shrooms and the rest jelly ultras. (just so you know, I got the Jellies from that tree on the other side of lilly's pond in flower fields. Just walk around. Also, for the ultra shrooms, I use the lil' oink thing to get them. granted, I have to use a lot of coins. Good thing I'm superbly good at the jump attack game.) Also, I've equipped the following badges, which I have found work best with each other:
Mega Jump              3 BP
Super Jump Charge      2 BP
Mega Smash             3 BP
Super Smash Charge     2 BP
Dodge Master           2 BP
Power Plus             6 BP
Damage Dodge (X2)      3 BP
Power Up, Defense Down 2 BP
All Or Nothing         4 BP

It''s lonely at the top.
It"s lonely at the top.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2001, 09:59:51 AM »
me and my friend beat him in seconds flat and he was not even close to beating us!!
we had like 3 ultra shrooms (restore 50 HP) and like 3 jammin jellys (restore 50 Fp) and like 1 life shroom (brings you back to 10 hp when you die. we had the maga jump bage wich took away 9 hp when you get a lucky with it and as a partner we used bombett, and we also had like 20 bages on... Bowser was way to easy for us we only used 2-3 items and kicks his butt so bad it was hurting him for months!!

Yoshi cool
You not cool!!! :)
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2001, 08:43:06 AM »
Have 10 Deluxe Feasts And use Parrakarry as your Sidekick. Make Sure You Have Lots Of Hp And Fp Plus Badges On. Make Sure Parrakarry Is Ultra-Level. That Worked For Me.

WHEM MUSHROOMS POP UP I'M AROUND!!!
Hello.

Print