Print

Author Topic: WFC Setup help topic  (Read 8243 times)

« on: January 01, 2006, 11:08:17 PM »
Alright, so alot of people don't know how to set WFC(Wi-Fi Connection). I made this topic to show people how, other than sending PMs to twenty other people.

Step 1: Tell me what router you have.
Step 2: Tell me what country you live in.
Step 3: Sit tight and I'll tell you the answers. Or, other members might help you out.

I would like to see alot of others on the WFC games in the FFs. And please, if you don't know what a router is, ask somebody who is around your house to point it out.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:36:04 PM »
I pretty much determined that I won't but the DS. Now, this may seem a foolish move, yet, I find it best to save my money for Twilight Princess. Then I will also have enough money for a Revolution, and some controllers and games.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 11:45:05 PM »
Oh, but the DS is so neat! There's really not much news on the Revolution yet, so it's likely it will be postponed for next year. I mean, we haven't even seen any trailers or gameplay at that. The DS is so much fun!

But here's the thing: If you like highscore kind of games that have alot of new and wacky gameplay, get the DS
If you like games that are the thrilling, good-graphical, classic gameplay, get the PSP. I like DS more than a PSP. My friend has a PSP, so I know all about them. They have the same Wi-Fi settings as the DS, though.

Sorry to get off topic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »
For whoever reads this, I have a problem. I can connect, set up a match with friends, and all that. we get all the way to the starting line, but the countdown never starts. After a few seconds, it tells both of us that the other player disconnected, even though neither of us did.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 12:42:42 AM »
I just sent a troubleshooting email to Nintendo.com. When I get the info, I'll tell you whats wrong on here.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »
I've got a compatible router. It's a Linkys mdoel but I don't know the number code to it.
I feel uncomfortable about revealing the country I live in, but I'll tell you it's the USA...nothing else to reveal.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »
Copy this URL to the address bar to get to settings: http//192.168.1.1
At least, that should work if the model of your Linksys router's a WRT54G.

Khold, did you get a reply yet? If so, was it anything particularly helpful?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 04:03:33 PM »
Every router has it's own url.

Sorry, Bird Person. They didn't answer my request yet. I recommend getting the USB cable. I heard they're at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Fry's, and all of the other big stores. I couldn't find one at the games stores, but they said to try in those places.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 06:13:03 PM »
Guh... I don't know if that'd work much better... and they're $35. Wait, cable? You mean they have cables now instead of just makeshift routers?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:27:24 PM »
Yeah, USB cable to connect to your computer. You know, like the PSP, some cell phones, digital cameras...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »
Hmm... Where'd you see those? I've only seen the wireless ones.
It's YOUR problem!

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 10:18:10 PM »
Mine went exactly the way Nintendo's instructions were.

1. Get DS and Router
2. Plug in Router and Turn on DS
3. Go to your WFC connection settings to set up a connection

Done, I thought it would take hours and would have tons of problems, but you know, I'm a pimp so I know how to hustle.

If Khold isn't online I can probably help you, I am online really late/early (a lot of AM hours.)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »
It works, but when I get on the starting countdown doesn't appear and both our DS's tell us tat the opponent disconnected.
It's YOUR problem!

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:57:57 PM »
It works, but when I get on the starting countdown doesn't appear and both our DS's tell us tat the opponent disconnected.

Either the opponent did disconnect, you have interference, you have a slow internet connection, or you are to far away

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 11:59:59 PM »
I'm right next to them, and no they didn't. My internet's not really slow either...
It's YOUR problem!

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 12:19:11 AM »
I'm right next to them, and no they didn't. My internet's not really slow either...

Well then, are you under a metal bridge, maybe next to a satelite of some sort?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 12:35:02 AM »
No bridges, but a DirecTV satellite is right above me. They don't interfere with each other with the TV or internet... and Aarom11 or someone said he had DirecTV too. Like I said, I can get on, pick a character, kart, and course, but then we get on the track and the countdown doesn't start.
It's YOUR problem!

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 12:55:40 AM »
No bridges, but a DirecTV satellite is right above me. They don't interfere with each other with the TV or internet... and Aarom11 or someone said he had DirecTV too. Like I said, I can get on, pick a character, kart, and course, but then we get on the track and the countdown doesn't start.

Oh, now I understand. You just have to wait, it usually dosn't take to terribly long. You have to wait a while for people to get online anyway.

I think it is because the system makes sure that everyones connection is secure.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 02:02:46 AM »
Wait? Wait for the countdown to come up? But the message "Your opponent has disconnected, press A to set settings for a new match" or something... It's happened a few times with me & Aarom11/ Khold... They might even be conspiring to drive me insane XD
I want a challenge, too. MKDS has gotten a bit boring, I just want to get on.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 02:15:31 AM »
I might race you some time, BP. BTW, I'm not very good, so don't expect a challenge. XD
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »
I've registered almost all the friend codes, but not the ones of people who I've never seen post. I think I even have Yoshi55's code.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 06:07:28 PM »

I'm the one who has DirecTv.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »
Hey all,

Okay, so recently I bought a Nintendo USB thingo, but I don't have my DS at the moment, just the USB and the mario kart game. So I've taken it to a friends house and used the USB connector and my mario kart with his DS and his computer to try it out, but now I'm worried that when I get my DS back and try connecting, it will say I can't do it on my computer. Is that likely to happen, and if so how can I change it?

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 07:17:50 PM »
It could happen, but not because you took it to your friend's house. If you have an error message, go to www.nintendowifi.com and put it in the little box there.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 11:01:45 PM »
Don't worry! With a USB cable, you don't have to worry about that stuff.

When you have a router, you can set up to three settings for different routers.

Having a USB cable is a lot easier, actually. If I could, I would get a USB cable.

Just connect your USB cable to your computer and DS, and you'll be ready to go anytime, anywhere!
(Don't I sound like a sales person? XD )

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 01:44:54 AM »
Cool, thanks guys.

Print