Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260367 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4185 on: May 16, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »
Mmm... Katamari Damacy perhaps. I don't mean to demean Space Channel 5, but there aren't that many rhythm games I like.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4186 on: May 16, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
My PC copy of Psychonauts only cost $6 at Big Lots!. Of course, it's on five CDs.

I saw Star Trek earlier; it was awesome. Also got a new cell phone, a Samsung Alias 2 (because I've just decided not to use ², as on the box). My old phone had little purpose aside from that of a phone, so even though that's mostly what I'll do with this one, an upgrade was much-appreciated. (The Alias 2 is one of those phones that can flip open vertically or horizontally, and the keypad uses the same technology that the Amazon Kindle's screen uses.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4187 on: May 17, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »
Suffix is missing a heck of a lot of good games besides just SotC. Not the least of which is Ico. Also KD, ZoE, Persona 3, FFXII...
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4188 on: May 17, 2009, 08:29:26 AM »
My list. The post after it has some of the suggestions Chup just made, plus Rez. There are also some PSone games I'd suggest, but the only one I can think of that isn't obscenely rare *coughTacticsOgrecough*, overly expensive *coughanyFinalFantasyorSymphonyoftheNightcough*, or in better form on another system is Parasite Eve (though it might also be one of the above and I just lucked out).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4189 on: May 17, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »
I'd recommend Rez too except that I still haven't played it.
Also, I cannot stress this enough, but for PS1, Xenogears
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4190 on: May 17, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »
*coughanyFinalFantasyorSymphonyoftheNightcough*
I can't say anything for Final Fantasy but I bought SotN in perfect condition and with manual for only 15 bucks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4191 on: May 17, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
This is for WarpRattler.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4192 on: May 17, 2009, 07:25:06 PM »
I broke out my N64 and played some Mario Party 2.  It's just as fun as I remember, along with the third game (never owned the first).
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

TEM

« Reply #4193 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
I just got the Little Rocket Man achievement for Half-life 2: Episode 2.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4194 on: May 17, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
Curse you, Chupperson Weird! Curse you and your infernal owning Arkanoid with the paddle! (Do you have the manual and/or box?, or is it just game plus paddle?)

Congrats, TEM. Was it tough keeping the gnome with you?

I finished the main story in The World Ends With You. I now have five days to get back to the point I had reached when I was pirating the game so that there'll be incentive for my cousin to bust out her copy when we go up to visit them after I graduate on Friday.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4195 on: May 17, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
I can't remember if I have the manual somewhere or not. Have to check. As for box, nope. Apparently it was bought like yesterday or something with the paddle for standard price, so I did the same.
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #4196 on: May 17, 2009, 11:16:20 PM »
It was annoying all through out. I had several "WHERE'S THE GNOME?" moments. The truly frustrating parts that made me into a man were the sections where you had to travel in the car.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4197 on: May 18, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »
Day 2 of my "N64 Revival" featured my re-discovery of just how awesome the N64 wrestling games are.  I was going to rent/buy Smackdown vs Raw 2009 for the Wii, but I might just stick to the classics for now.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4198 on: May 18, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »
Trying to get LRM broke me physically and mentally, until I just gave up halfway through. I intend to try again someday, though.
every

« Reply #4199 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
So I got back from camp yesterday night. It was freaking awesome. I had so much fun that it was crazy! My kid's play is going well, as well as my play. My group and I, we're singing in the mentor play. Our song is going awesome. My friend tried to teach me how to play guitar but that's so not my forte. My fingers are too small. He is super awesome though and didn't get cocky about his being able to play super awesome.

But I had a great time.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print