Print

Author Topic: Weekend Movie: Ignorance is Bliss  (Read 8193 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: August 11, 2007, 06:16:06 AM »

To further the slow, boring weekends gamers are usually met with during the summer months, TMKblog will be providing you
 with Weekend Movie. These posts will highlight a video the blogger felt worthy of sharing. If you come across a video, or videos, feel free to submit it to me!

I always think of TMK whenever I hear this song. Fortunately, someone has finally made a video to go with it, and creatively retells the tale of Bowser's evil plans to take over dinosaur land. Does he succeed? You'll have to watch to find out! It is with much pleasure I feature this weekend's movie, aptly entitled 'Ignorance Is Bliss' (also, check out this page to read up more on the song).

Also, this is the end of summer, isn't it?! Well, I know I always said this was to slow the boring summer days, but that doesn't mean the fun as to end. I want your feedback: Should weekend movies continue? Post a comment in this thread on the Fungi Forums and let me know. If I get enough good responses, I'll continue it. If not, well, then I guess this is goodbye to Weekend Movie...

Weekend Movie: Ignorance is Bliss

Past Weekend Movies (Most Recent):
 |8/4/07|- Mario Brothers
 |7/28/07|- Mario: Struked & Charged
 |7/22/07|- History of Video Games
 |7/14/07|- Super Mario Reloaded
 |7/8/07|- Super Mario Bros. Z
 |6/30/07|- Charles Martinet Uncensored
 |6/10/07|- Mario RPG: Rawest Forest
 |6/2/07|- SMB, Line Rider style!
 |5/26/07|- Weekend Movie: Invisible Mario Karts
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:58:08 AM by MEGAߥTE »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 06:46:27 AM »
While they are mostly entertaining, perhaps a good idea would be to change them to every two weeks.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »
I want Weekend Movies to stay!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »
Ah, thanks for redirecting us to this gem. Now it's going to be stuck in my head for weeks...

... again.

While they are mostly entertaining, perhaps a good idea would be to change them to every two weeks.

I conquer.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »
Hmmm, every two weeks? Not a bad idea. I'd love to keep it a weekly format, but if enough people agree, I wouldn't have any qualms.

Any other thoughts, anyone?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 04:52:18 AM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Ignorance is Bliss. Great flash, catchy song.  :)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:09:43 PM »
Yes, I think the Weekend Movie should stay because it'll give those kids that go to school (and come here) something to look forward to on the weekends.

That movie presents an interesting theory I've often had about Dry Bones and Yoshies: maybe that's why some of the Bones are weak to fire, because they are dead Yoshies (but this is for Mariology, so I guess I'll take it there)..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
Don't press yourself to find a movie each weekend. Just put up Weekend Movies as they are found during the non-summer months.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »
The Undead being weak to fire is an RPG convention.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
But it doesn't make any sense in the Mario world. Before Paper Mario, fire was useless against the Dry Bones (and similar enemies). I don't hate the PM series, I just don't like how they have taken some things that were once staples and skewed them just a bit.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »
You hate Paper Mario? O O Sorry, had to practice my emoticon skills. That song is crazy...

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 07:24:29 PM »
I actually envisioned making a flash movie for the song back when I took Web Design 2 my Junior year of high school.

I also envisioned that the backup singers would be a bunch of Hammer/Boomerang/Fire/Sledgehammer Bros., but to each his own.

This movie was pretty good. I watched it on the Internet Channel on my Wii because YouTube hates my computer.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 06:22:56 PM »
Where can I download that song?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print