Print

Author Topic: Handy Brawl Pixel To Polygon Chart  (Read 6099 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:56:52 PM »

Some of us remember the days of 8-bit Mario as simpler times, others remember it as "that thing dad always talks about when I play Halo". Nevertheless, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has brought together Nintendo fans of all ages to remember character roots. A Kotaku.com commenter by the name of "TaeK" took it upon himself to create a side-by-side chart that shows how far our favorite heroes (and villians) have come. Sure, it's is nothing spectacular, but it's pretty nifty and worth a gander. Take a look the chart in its entirety below!

Link: kotaku.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
It's also wildly inaccurate! What fun!
That was a joke.

Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
I guess you could view it as a fun game, where we list everything wrong with it for points. Points that are worth absolutely nothing.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:26:05 AM »
Reminds me of that one long-running TMK splash page. Remember when TMK had splash pages?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »
I miss those. "Who are you... voting for?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Maybe it would have been better to put the 2D pics and 3D pics on separate lines.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »
Link's should be more like this:

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
Heh that is cool, except how they start using character renders and not actual in-game.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:35:12 AM »
Link's should be more like this:

No, the Link is still wrong.
LoZ -> AoL -> LttP -> LA -> OoT -> MM -> Oracles -> TWW -> FS -> FSA -> TMC -> TP -> PH
I might have mixed up the releases of MM and Oracles, and of TWW and FS
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
They need to leave out the Paper Mario characters... it just seems like an unnatural break-off from 3-D
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print