Print

Author Topic: They're back! And thusly so am I!(spoilers)  (Read 4667 times)

« on: January 06, 2004, 05:21:05 PM »
Warning again, "Mario & Luigi" spoilers!

Well, the Koopalings have returned! And not Bowser Jr, the newest addition.  No no, I refer the classic Seven: Lemmy, Iggy, Morton, Wendy, Larry, Ludwig, and of course, Roy!  And here's what's a I gotsta say:

I't just great to see them again, really.  Not only that, but they look the best they ever have in a game! The reflect the art to a tee!  It's fun to see them use some attacks reminicent of Super Mario World; also the order in which you fight them is the same.  Very very neat.

My one dissapointment is in a game where so many characters are given such great personalities and the writing is top-notch, our Koopa Kiddos dont say a word.  Hyponotised by Cackletta?  Too shocked that they're back from Nintenlimbo to speak? Or just shy?  All in all, it would have been nice to see some dialogue from them, but, eh, still.  Great that they're back!

I just had to say something here to commemorate the moment.
----------

I''m back, baby! Well, kinda...

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 07:19:30 PM »
I hate the koopalings. Bowser Jr. makes more sense. The Koopalings were a joke in Superstar Saga. I didn't even come close to getting Game Over while facing them and I wasn't confused by their puzzle for a second. They really let themselves go.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 07:29:40 PM »
I like the Koopalings.  I think that there should be a game with all eight of them.  I haven't got to them yet in the game, though.

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 09:00:58 PM »
For the last time, Bowser Jr. is not a Koopaling. Just because he's Bowser's son, it does not make him a Koopaling automatically. He obviously has a different mother than the Koopalings.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 10:15:54 PM »
Hey, Roy Koopa's back!  I still remember your Koopaling origin theory...  That was an excellent theory.  And your "Mario Adventure" in the story boards...  Good times.

Anyway, I'm just glad that the Koopalings haven't been totally forgotten.  You can tell that Mario and Luigi was made by some serious Mario fans.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 10:47:35 PM »
Yep, that was me.  I've always had fun making up Mario theories and stories and such.  Glad to hear people remember me! Or...person...er...yyyeah...

Laters
----------

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 10:48:33 PM »
Different Mothers? How can you tell?

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 10:50:31 PM »
What's your theory, Roy?

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 11:01:55 PM »
My theory, in brief, is as follows.

In "Yoshi's Island", Kamek and Baby Bowser kidnap Baby Luigi and attempt to take Mario from the Storks.  After all is taken care of, the Stork Baby Delivery Service punishes Bowser later in life by delivering seven bratty Koopa Kids at his castle door.  Of course, Bowser rather delights in bratty kids, so it kinda backfires when he raises his own offspring army.

This theory kinda keeps in the light of the Mario universe, and also eliminates the controversy of "Who is their mother?"

And there you have it!
----------

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 07:52:27 AM »
I don't own Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga yet...

But from what I hear, this seems like the worst Super Mario come back yet...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 11:29:50 AM »
M&L:SS is nearly my favorite Mario game ever. #4 in my top ten list. Ta'int nuthin' ter dizlike 'bought it.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 02:42:07 PM »
Just look at them. They are clearly of different heritage than Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. looks 99% the same as his father, where as the Koopalings have different faces, colors, shapes, etc...

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 04:59:23 PM »
I don't look anything  like my brother, he looks like our dad, we have the same mother. All the origional 7 koopalings have completely different appearences, Bowser Jr. just happens to look most like their father. Also, having a different mother would not immediately exclude him from being a koopaling, not to sound rude.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 05:05:29 PM »
HOLY MACKERAL! Its been a LOOOOOOONG time since Ive seen Roy Koopa here! Welcome back!

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 06:25:16 PM »
Roy's Theory has always been the best...
 n/a

Print