Print

Author Topic: New Smash Bros: Use of Games That Have Come Out Since Brawl  (Read 23415 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
Well, it's like the restaurants at Disneyland: There doesn't have to be any inherent connection, as long as some character is getting mentioned.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »
Oh yeah, it doesn't bother me, and usually Nintendo's good at matching a character to a course that makes sense.  Wario  and Waluigi being loud, chaotic and obnoxious fit well with various stadiums and arenas, Yoshi and DK usually get jungle-themed, mountainous areas, Koopa Troopa Beach always made sense to me, etc.... really the only one that truly struck me as "hey let's slap a character on this and call it a day" is Toad's Turnpike.  And when you're one of the coolest Mario Kart courses of all time, you can get away with that sort of thing.  <3 Toad's Turnpike.  I'd REALLY like to see that come back as a Retro Track. 

While later Mario Kart games had similarly themed levels, there's something about Toad's Turnpike that makes it special.  Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think it's a lot of different things.  The music is fantastic, the level itself is simple, letting you focus on weaving between cars, and you gotta love it in Mirror Mode.  One thing that I really dig though is that it feels like it takes place in the "real"/"our" world, and that's something that the later "big city" courses never captured. 
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Not many of Mario Kart 64's tracks feel like they're in Mario's world. I like them, but a lot of MK64 is weird. Even Bowser's Castle...

I think Toad's Factory makes the least sense of anything in the series. What is Toad mass-producing

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »
What is Toad mass-producing

Concentrated mushrooms. It's Soylent Green for the Mario universe.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
Actually, that one could make the most sense: As there are Item Box logos everywhere, they're making item boxes. Of all kinds. Not just the ones that appear in Mario Kart games, but possibly other spinoffs too, or even boxes some for the main series.

Since Toad is often connected to handing out items, it could make sense for him to have the course on which they are mass-produced.

Concentrated mushrooms. It's Soylent Green for the Mario universe.

SUPER GREEN IS MUSHROOM PEOPLE
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
If Little Mac is in play, Doc would stand close to the ring, eating obscene amounts of chocolate, and Mac could do a Smash Taunt like Snake can in Shadow Moses Island and the Star Fox characters can in their stages. When he does, Doc would quip about one of Mac's opponents, like

On Mario: Hey Mac... bet you never thought you'd see Mario in the ring with you... again! Hahahaha!
On Bowser: Listen here Mac Baby, if Bowser kidnaps my chocolate bars, I'm countin' on you to get 'em back for me, okay?
On Wario: Hoo-wee, Mac! That's one nice bike! Think that when Wario ain't lookin', you can grab it for me?
On Zelda: It ain't nice to hit a girl, son. But maybe Princess Zelda will do somethin' about that for ya, ahahahaha!
On Pikachu: Hey Mac Baby, why you punchin' Pikachu? You don't know what it's like bein' picked on by somebody twice yo' size! Oh wait a second, maybe ya do! Hahahahahaha!
I'm still upset that this didn't happen.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »
FIRE EMBLEM REPS: MARTH AND MARTH

THE TEAMUP OF THE CENTURY

But this did.

Did I ever mention my Smash Bros. Leaks gag twitter that I was doing two years ago? I still think it's some of the funniest crap I've ever written... and I put some effort into it with photoshop and stuff, I made a 3D laboratory with the Brawl characters floating in suspended animation tubes... and of course some of my predictions came true. This was the background:

Dark Pit, Roy, Pac-Man, Sheik and Zelda on separate character select icons, 8-player mode... I called 'em all. I even got the COLORS for players 5-8 right with only 6 and 7 in the wrong order. Clearly I need to answer the call of my latent psychic powers and, like, I dunno, almost get killed by my dad in a haunted hotel
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »
The thing between what appears to be Lickilicky and Mr. Game & Watch looks like Mega Mewtwo Y.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 03:49:54 PM »
Yeah.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
Oh, it is? Guess Megas were announced at least two years ago.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:06 PM »
Is that four Snakes?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
The tweets describe them as being Solid, Naked, AC!D and Old. Naked Snake had a stamina meter and used a clone of Yoshi's B to swallow enemies to restore it (and make the enemy lose a stock instantly). AC!D was a clone of the normal Snake, but threw cards instead of explosives. And then the cards exploded.

The multiple Toon Links were Four Swords Links with different movesets (and there was day 1 DLC which was mostly even more Links). The multiple Kirbies were simply multiple Kirbies because Sakurai wanted him to have 18 colors and that wouldn't be fair to the other characters.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »
We should definitely get Naked Snake as DLC to go along with Naked Shulk.

Is that Kirby With An Umbilical Cord to the left of ROB?

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
Young Kirby.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:48 PM »
Gooey. Clone of Kirby.

People legit ask for this to happen.
It's YOUR problem!

Print