Print

Author Topic: Help with Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story  (Read 11427 times)

« on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:50 PM »
I just finished Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside story and I have a few questions/problems.

I'm trying to get Mario, Luigi, and Bowser to level 99. Where's the best area to train each of them?

There are Beans inside Bowser but how do I know where they are? It's 2-D in there so there's no marking to be able to tell.

And last how do I do the Bob-Bomb and Yoo Who Cannon attack on that block lady and in the Challenge Node? The Bob-Bombs are hard to aim and there is nowhere near enough time to memorize Mario and Luigi's location after thet hit 48.

And I tryed Google but there are no good guides out yet.

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
The best place to train Mario and Luigi would be Bowser's Airway, where a four-foe fight can be worth about 2400 experience points. Finding the EXP socks in the Flab Zone beforehand will expedite your training considerably. As for Bowser, the interior of Peach's castle is ideal. Additionally, vaccuuming Dark Trashures there after opening them through damage will net you several hundred coins per battle on top of at least 600 EXP per enemy.

The handful of beans located within Bowser are each marked by a faint, sparkling circle just below the bros' feet. Online guides supplemented with screenshots should prove invaluable since the beans are difficult to spot if you don't know what you're looking for. To view a log of how many beans you've yet to collect in each area, press Start, choose "Items", and scroll to the bean icon with L or R.

As for Broque Madame and the Cholesteroad, I can't help you there, bud. Practice is key, as much as I hate saying it. Besides, screwing up doesn't cost you anything.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:36:08 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »
The best place to train Mario and Luigi would be Bowser's Airway, where a four-foe fight can be worth about 2400 experience points. Finding the EXP socks in the Energy Hold beforehand will expedite your training considerably. As for Bowser, the interior of Peach's castle is ideal. Additionally, vaccuuming Dark Trashures there after opening them through damage will net you several hundred coins per battle on top of at least 600 EXP per enemy.

The handful of beans located within Bowser are each marked by a faint, sparkling circle just below the bros' feet. Online guides supplemented with screenshots should prove invaluable since the beans are difficult to spot if you don't know what you're looking for. To view a log of how many beans you've yet to collect in each area, press Start, choose "Items", and scroll to the bean icon with L or R.

As for Broque Madame and the Cholesteroad, I can't help you there, bud. Practice is key, as much as I hate saying it. Besides, screwing up doesn't cost you anything.

What do those socks do? I don't need money since I already have 1.5 hundred thousand Coins but thanks anyways.

There's a marking? Thanks! Is there any advive for the Bob-Bombs at least? It's so hard to tell where she is.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
The EXP socks give the character wearing them a 1.3X EXP boost if he takes no damage in battle. For instance, the bro to whom you've equipped them would get 1200 EXP froma battle instead of 900, provided that he never took a hit.

To be frank, I've never used Bob-Omb Blitz outside of Practice Mode. Hope this helps anyway!

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
It'll help I guess. Can I find two of them though? And what type of enemy has them?

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:06:37 PM »
Only one pair can be found, and it's in an extraordinarily well-hidden item block: Walkthrough

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
Is it in the Energy hold or Flab Zone. You said Energy Hold but the video says Flab Zone.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »
Urgh. My mistake. Flab Zone it is.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
Thanks! I went there and got nothing.

I got all the Beans in Bowser. Thanks again!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »
And last how do I do the Bob-Bomb and Yoo Who Cannon attack on that block lady and in the Challenge Node? The Bob-Bombs are hard to aim and there is nowhere near enough time to memorize Mario and Luigi's location after thet hit 48.

For the Yoo Whoo Cannon attack in the Cholesteroad, try to memorize the locations of only one of the brothers. Also remember that there are a certain number of combinations that the brothers can be in. One of the more recognizable ones is the "Y" combination, where one brother appears in the top left, the top right, and the bottom middle cannons, while the other brother appears in the rest of the cannons. Let me elaborate further:

X = Mario
O = Luigi

XOX
 OXO
 OX

This is a rough sketch, so please don't take it as a precise diagram. I found it easier to memorize Mario's locations because his red cap and clothes are rather easy to spot out for me.

For the Bob-Omb Blitz attack on Broque Madame, try to place the Bob-Ombs a little under Madame. There is 1 spot that she goes to that can guarantee that you'll get all of the Bob-Ombs you place to hit her, though. That spot is at the very bottom of the field. Once she goes there, quickly place all of your Bob-Ombs to the bottom-most part of the field and they'll all hit her. Here's a diagram:

B = Bob-Omb
M = Broque Madame

____________M

Move all of the B's to the bottom.

There's also another spot that Madame goes to that will almost guarantee that all of your Bob-Ombs will hit her. That spot is at the top of the field, but if you place one of your Bob-Ombs at the very top, it will fail to hit her, so try placing all of them slightly under the upper-most part of the field, like so:

v Upper-most part of the field
------------------------------
BBBBB                M

Other than that, all I can say is practice and keep trying. If you need more elaboration, feel free to ask. Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:33:39 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print