Print

Author Topic: Does GameCube Play N64 Games?  (Read 11572 times)

« on: January 15, 2002, 09:28:08 PM »
Does the GameCube Play N64 Games?
I used to think it didn't, but, when I looked in the GameCube mannual, in the memory cards section, IT HAD MEMORY FOR SUPER MARIO64! Maybe it is a special thing for the Japanese...
So, Does the GameCube Play N64 Games?
--Snika

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2002, 02:39:34 PM »
I don't know, but if it did, you'd get to play Dr. Mario 64 with N64, which would be good, since most modern people don't have one anymore (they sold them). ;)

I seriously doubt it, though, for a good reason. GameCube's C button is an ANALOG STICK, while N64 had a controller with 4 C buttons, ONE FOR EACH DIRECTION. In many games it can make a big difference which one you press (i.e., in SM64, pressing C-down zooms out, while C-left rotates the camera). There may even be N64 games which require you to do certain things by holding two opposite C buttons, like C-left and C-right! Can you do that with an analog stick? Basically, the thought seems rather illogical to me.

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 01:58:42 PM »
Im not quite sure what you're talking about, but if you mean by putting an N64 game in the Gamecube, then no way.
Paul

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 06:38:21 PM »
hmm, N64 uses cartriges, GCN uses disks . . .

maybe if you squished the cartrige into the shape of the disk . . .

Darwin was some idiot, high on acid, who saw flocks of half-bird half-reptiles flying across the sky.
Evolution makes no sense. It''s evidence actually controdicts it. There''s too much chance. It was all put into place by a creator. That crator is God.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2002, 08:26:16 PM »
Um, no, it doesn`t. No chance. What do you mean by "Super Mario 64 memory"? oO

[Game Over]
[Game Over]

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 11:21:51 AM »
JohnBob, regarding your anti-darwin theory, I'd have to say that God only created the base creatures, and the base creatures evolved.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2002, 03:10:26 PM »
You people pitify me.. that only means that it can hold as much memory as Super Mario 64 can! I'm surrounded by morons... OOOH, New Signature time!

I'm surrounded by morons.
I''m surrounded by morons.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2002, 07:47:06 AM »
NO! For the last timne, the GameCube does NOT play N64 games! It uses disks, not cartriges!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print