Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World Arcade  (Read 14583 times)

« on: May 29, 2000, 06:21:54 PM »
I remember waaaaaay back when Super Mario World was released in the arcades.  Well my brother and I would play it for hours and hours.  Well there was a few stages that never made it into the released Super Nintendo version.  One was a stage with trees, another was a water world stage.  There might have been more but I just can't remember.  It was too long ago.  Any one who knows anything else about this, just let me know.  

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2000, 12:07:16 PM »
I don't remember a SMW arcade game, because I was too young at the time to frequent arcades alone (d'oh!).  I do remember a SMW pinball game, though, that a local hotel kept in the lobby for awhile.  Never did get to play it...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2000, 01:36:54 PM »
That reminds me... there was also a warp zone to choose your world.  It reset to the warp zone screen after your time was up.  For each quarter, you could play for so many minutes.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2000, 06:31:08 PM »
Cool. Sounds like fun! I've never got to really play any sort of Mario arcade game, but once there was a bear claw that only had Nintendo stuff in it.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 09:37:44 AM »
Interesting! I've never heard of any Super Mario World arcade game, though I have seen a Super Mario World pinball machine at a roller skating rink. I never played it.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2000, 10:59:32 AM »
It was very fun indeed.  They had one in Massechusetts at one time in a pizza joint called Big Als Pizza and one at Shippensburg College, Pennsylvania.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2000, 12:41:59 PM »
I dont know about a SMW arcade game  but i remember a SuperMarioBros 2 Arcade game!  i was about...oh i dont know....4 maybe 5.   It seemed to be a lot better than the one on NES

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2000, 04:21:17 PM »
Cool.  The arcade Super Mario World was alot better too and I was dissapointed when I played the Super Nintendo version.  My brother played the arcade version too and he felt the same way about the super nintendo version not being as good.  I once wrote to Nintendo about this and they said "we don't know what your talking about".  Probably didn't want to admit that the version they released on the super nintendo wasn't good compared to the arcade version.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2000, 10:11:53 PM »
That's interesting!  I never knew there was an arcade SMW.  Levels that never made it?  I wish I could have played those level.

Ralph Wiggium:  What''''s a battle?
Superintendant Chawmer (I can''''t spell so sue me!):  Did that kid say what''''s a battle?
Skinner:  No he said what''''s that rattle!  The air conditioning!

Villians aren''''t always hated.  Team Rocket of Pokémon is one example of loved villians.  Just because a character is evil doesn''''t mean he or she don''''t have any fans.

Pokémon and Mario both rule!
Ralph Wiggium:  What''s a battle?
Superintendant Chawmer (I can''t spell so sue me!):  Did that kid say what''s a battle?
Skinner:  No he said what''s that rattle!  The air conditioning!

Villians aren''t always hated.  Team Rocket of Pokémon is one example of loved villians.  Just because a character is evil doesn''t mean he or she don''t have any fans.

Pokémon and Mario both rule!

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2000, 07:23:32 AM »
I remember playing that one, the arcade Super Mario Bros., the SMW Pinball game, and I think the original arcade Donkey Kong. I'm not sure.
Kamehameha!

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2000, 05:09:07 PM »
I remember the Mario Pinball game. They had one at the bowling alley. I don't go there anymore so I don't know if they still have it...

I also remember the SMW Arcade game. I never saw those "levels that never made it" though.

"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)
-----------------------------
"No way! You beat me... again!! And I just spent my entire savings on these new Koopa Mach 1 Sprint shoes!" - Koopa the Quick (Mario 64)

"That''s called cheating. Last I heard, it was against the rules." -Me

CodeHunter64
Leader of the CodeHunters

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2000, 02:12:57 PM »
I saw it once in a gas station somewhere, it had better graphics than the snes version too. Probably worth tracking down a rom...

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2000, 03:34:04 PM »
Testing...
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2000, 03:39:39 PM »
Seems to be working, now.  Anyway, what I was trying to post yesterday was, in answer to Code Hunter's mention of the pinball game, that I also remember playing a "Mario" pinball game.  It was called "Mario Mushroom World," and there was a sign on it saying "out of order," but I saw other people playing it, so I tried and it seemed to work perfectly.  When I asked in what way it was out of order, I was told that there was supposed to be a sound byte after you inserted the quarters but before you got a ball.  It was supposed to say "Mario!  Hey, Mario!" but it wasn't working.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2000, 09:39:54 PM »
That SMW arcade version does sound like a worthy ROM hunt...

Does Deezer have any information on the Mario arcade/pinball games?
Someone set up us the bomb!

Print