Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World Arcade  (Read 14623 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2000, 09:52:21 PM »
Aha!  My search for information on the Mario arcade games has brought me to this page:

<http://www.klov.com/S/Super_Mario_World.html>

They've got bukus of information on several Mario arcade games!!

And now; the search continues...

->- That''s no moon; it''s a space station. -<-
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2000, 10:44:18 AM »
That's a cool site, with info on a lot of "Mario" arcade games, but I still can't find anyone who knows anything about "Vs. Mario Bros."  Somebody on this web site gave me one that supposedly mentioned it, but I couldn't find anything there.  Could someone please help?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2000, 12:20:47 PM »
First of all, I think that maybe the SMW arcade game wasn't from Nintendo. Maybe some guy hacked the game and put it on the SNES. Second, info on VS. Mario Bros. is on this site! Just look in the other platforms section under the games.

-Yoshi348
Yoshi! You ate my wallet!!! I had my trillion dollar bill in there! (sad Yoshi sound) It's OK, I've got another one in my butt for safe keeping.

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2000, 08:27:16 AM »
Yoshi, it wuz for the Arcade....it wasn't for Snes.  No, I'm pretty sure they didn't pirate the Game.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2000, 10:04:26 AM »
I am sure the game wasn't pirated.  Nintendo was (is?) a member of JAMMA, the Japanese Arcade Manufacturer's something-or-other.  Also, sources verify that the Nintendo Super System (as the arcade machine was called) was  widely released to hype up interest in the SNES, much like the Playchoice 10 before it.
Plus, screenshots of the game on the site I mentioned in an earlier post show copyright information.  Very few pirates are lazy enough to leave that kind of thing...

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2000, 11:04:12 AM »
WHERE on the site?!?  I'm starting to wonder if "Vs. Mario Bros." even exists, or if Deezer just made it up.
Mega 2

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2000, 12:03:37 PM »
I didn't make it up. A long time ago, MEGAߥTE told me to list it. And he's not wrong very much. I just wish there was some more info about it somewhere...

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2000, 02:34:00 PM »
OK...
A. SNES was a typo.
B. If Nintendo really made the SMW arcade machine, why would they deny ever making it? I mean, they would want to sell it! Even if it was discontinued, they would have no reason to deny ever making one. Just because they were in a postion to make a SMW arcade machine doesn't mean they made one.

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2000, 10:29:54 PM »
There's definately a Vs. Mario Bros., because I've played it!!  It's been a while, and the one I played had a bad jump button so my score was pretty lousy, but the game is essentially Super Mario Bros. (NES) on a Nintendo Vs. System console.  There may be some different levels, though I never got past 1-2 or so...stupid bad jump button!!  : (

--Blues

--Blues

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2000, 10:34:18 PM »
Oh, yeah...and the items were moved around.  They may have been close to their NES locations, but it was off enough that you couldn't rely on them and it made the game all that much harder.  Man, I wish that jump button worked...this game sounds kinda fun...

--Blues

--Blues

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2000, 03:18:05 PM »
Yoshi348- When did Nintendo deny producing an arcade machine?

The system in question, the Nintendo Super System, was released in select arcades and retail stores to generate interest in the Super Nintendo (aka Super Famicom).

To my knowledge, the machine was only released in Japan (mainly because Nintendo is mentioned in every JAMMA listing as maker of the NSS), although several people have posted saying they played the game in the US.

Simply because the machine is rare and unknown is no proof that it does not exist.

I am still on my mad quest for information on this obscure arcade machine and it's games...

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2000, 04:02:36 PM »
I never said "Vs. Super Mario Bros.," everyone knows about that.  I mean "Vs. Mario Bros."  "Mario Bros." and "Super Mario Bros." are not the same game.  The former was released for arcade before Atari or N.E.S., and was a battle game set in a sewer, as opposed to an adventure game set in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Mega 2

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2000, 08:58:23 AM »
As far as I know (and I know a little bit about this) Mario Bros. was not released for the Vs. Unisystem.  On the other hand, Super Mario Bros. was.

I think the Vs. Unisystem came out after first generation NES games (Mario Bros, Balloon Fight) were technologically obsolete.  Nintendo probably thought it was a waste of time to re-release those games.  Only about 17 to 20 games were actually ported to the Unisystem anyway, so it doesn't surprise me.

Edit- I found a few really bad typos.  Where's my coffee...

Edited by - Hinopio on 8/14/00 8:01:09 AM

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2000, 02:01:46 PM »
Hinopo: Check TRM's post on the 5th (1st page). Of course, he called NOA (probably), so maybe there was one in Japan and the English translation was a hack. This is real wierd.

-Yoshi348
I think I ate too many apples... what's that heart raining from the sky?

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2000, 02:16:36 PM »
Hmm... interesting that Nintendo would deny that.  I have quite a few pics gathered from various sources (including E-bay) that show the NSS in all it's glory.  These pictures look fairly credible to me, with the Nintendo  logo and seal of approval all over the machine's cabinet and marquees, not to mention documentation.  I even found a scan of the machine's schematics!  All this is strong evidence toward the existance of such a machine.

PS.- The controllers look _really_ cool.  I wonder why Nintendo changed the design...

Print