Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World Arcade  (Read 14723 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2000, 03:34:59 PM »
Mega 2(And whoever else cares) :Wow... I sort of remember once a long time ago finding something on the web about Vs. Mario Bros. by accident containing a brief history and some screen shots. I can't tell you what site it was, I honestly don't remember, and I tried numerous times to find it again. However, that game IS real. From what I recall, it was like Mario Bros. only with about 4 different screens, alternate graphics on each screen(platforms, enemies), and it was slightly harder. Hope it helps. Maybe I already told you(whoops!).
Woohoo.

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2000, 01:29:49 PM »
Vs. Mario Bros... I'll see what I can find.
Although, are you sure it wasn't the Playchoice 10 version of Mario Bros.?  That version was only found in retail stores as a 'play before you pay' demo game.

->- That''s no moon; it''s a space station. -<-
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2000, 06:47:23 PM »
I have the vs. Mario Bros. ROM.
It works with NESticle.  The palette
is slightly off, but other than that it works
perfectly.  E-mail me if you want it.

In the documentation for NESticle, it even
notes that the ~ credit key was added
especially for vs. Mario Bros.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2000, 12:54:00 AM »
S³: Are you sure it's "Vs Mario Bros." and not "Vs Super Mario Bros."?

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2000, 01:07:06 PM »
That's what I am thinking, because all of my sources say that a version of Mario Bros. was  never released for the Vs. Unisystem.  Does anyone know when the Vs. Unisystem was unleashed onto the public?  That might help clear this up.

->- That''s no moon; it''s a space station. -<-
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2000, 07:47:24 PM »
I rememer about a year or two ago when I went camping I went in the arcade and played some form of a Mario Bros. game. I don't know what it was called or anything but I do remember playing it. If I saw some screenshots or some evidence of it I might remember.

Nothing''s impossible, maybe unlikely, but not impossible.
Nothing''s impossible, maybe unlikely, but not impossible.

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2000, 08:57:13 PM »
Oh dear! It seems that I mentioned "Vs. Mario Bros." and told what I knew about it. Well, due to some sort of brain corruption relief, I now realize that I was wrong. That was "Return of the Mario Bros." I'm terribly sorry. I really am.
Woohoo.

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2000, 05:02:01 PM »
I am fully aware of the existence of "Vs. Super Mario Bros.," just NO site besides "The Mushroom Kingdom" makes mention of "Vs. Mario Bros." (no "Super"), and then there is just the listing and no link.  That's why I'm asking.

"Arthur bruised his upper arm."

Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2000, 04:46:37 PM »
First off I wrote a letter to nintendo and they told me they didn't know a thing about the arcade Super Mario World.  I was pretty young when I played the SMW arcade game but the one thing I remember for sure is there was a Warp Zone.  You put in a few quarters then a warp zone came and you chose a leval and then the actaul game started.  I played many different levels but I can't remeber all of the details.  My brother was 5 years older then me and he played it too so maybe he might be able to help.  There was a stage where you started out on the ground by a few goombas and then there was a feather and it was a tree panel and you flew above the trees over a gigantic pit and then well I'm not sure what happened cuz I was watching another guy play and he got caught.  But I am trying to find as much info as I can.  As for the other game(VS Mario Bros I think) well I'll see if I can find anything on it too.

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2000, 11:10:13 PM »
I remember the Arcade version. I was at Benchwarmer Bob's. It had 3 Super Nintendo games: F-Zero, Tennis and Super Mario World. It was cool. I don't remember it much, but I DO know it's still there. It was in Minnesota. Oh, I hate when people take out good stuff from games. Even Sonic the Hedgehog 2 got levels taken out! I HATE THAT STUFF!!! (Shakes head) Okay, I'll calm down.

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2000, 10:05:18 AM »
That clears up one mystery.  I thought there was a few games that switched besides Mario World.  I played it at shippensburg University College but they don't have it anymore and I seen it at Big Al's pizza in Plymouth Massechusetts a few years ago but didn't play it.

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2000, 10:23:28 PM »
Does anyone else remember anything about this?  Anything new.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2001, 12:44:13 PM »
All I know about this is that a few years ago my friend told me that in 1990 or '91 he played a game called "Super Mario Bros. 4" that was almost exactly like "Super Mario World" except for little differences like leaf/raccoon power instead of feather/cape power.  I've always assumed he was talking about the arcade version.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2001, 03:21:23 PM »
Hey, people are posting here still!

In that case, has anyone else seen Vs. Dr. Mario?

Print