Print

Author Topic: How do get Master Hand & Giga Bowser....  (Read 12526 times)

« on: January 21, 2004, 08:12:34 PM »
I heared you can use them as playable characters if you use a GameShark or any other Cheat device if so how much would it cost?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:53:13 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:55:34 PM »
I forgot to warn you that there are different codes for different versions.  You may want to check eBay if you looking for an older version.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 11:47:50 PM »
Ok Thank you!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 07:12:34 PM »
Game-Hacking Dveices such as Action Replay or Gameshark are for wussies.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 11:28:06 PM »
"Game-hacking devices such as Action Replay or Gameshark are for wussies."

Speaking of wussies...

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 11:37:02 PM »
"Game-hacking devices such as Action Replay or Gameshark are for wussies."

"Speaking of wussies..."

PLEASE. DESIST NOW.

Anyways, I think that Game Enhancement devices are ok for doing things you can't do in the game (Like the chracters), but aren't good for cheating scores, or unlocking things you can unlock without the device.

Stupid Quotes: (11th Edition) Martin Luther King Day special!
"If [Dr.] Martin Luther King Jr. were alive to see how so-called "civil rights" have progressed today, he`d be spinning in his grave right now."
~Me.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2004, 12:18:33 AM »
I second Steve's post.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 12:30:14 AM »
Motion carries.  Insane Steve's post stands.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2004, 12:54:04 PM »
Poor Meowrik. Deprived of doing an endless barrel roll jump in SMB3.
200 characters and nothing to say.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2004, 04:44:12 PM »
I had bad experiences with game-hacking devices...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 12:41:28 AM »
"Speaking of wussies..."

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004, 12:48:35 AM »
"Poor Meowrik."

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 08:14:43 PM »
How could you play as them? Does the system really know what attack goes with what button despite the fact that they weren't supposed to be playable?
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 11:56:40 AM »
I played as The Hand once he's kool! I was invincible because he had damage percentages instead of HP tho. ;_; Oh well! He controlled with the D-pad and A, B, L, R, and Z. It was akward 'cause he came from behind the stages. And beware, he freezes the game in Flatzone!

------------------------------
There''s a message in my salad. It says "Eat more chicken".
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 07:37:05 PM »
I despise people who make up fake codes and I loathe he gullible fools who actually believe them.

Mariobro, funny. You claim to have played as him, yet you don't even know his real name.

Word to the not wise: If you're gonna make up a fake code, at least make it convincing.

Edited by - Meowrik on 2/6/2004 5:38:12 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 01:25:08 AM »
Wow, Meowrik... I KNOW HIS FRACKIN' NAME! Hello!!!??? Is it alright if I call Master Hand "The Hand"!? Psh, fake code, HA! Go to GScentral, that's where I got the code. I've had SSBM since the release and had an AR since August(I think).

Billy and Mandy quote of the week!
"Billy''s Dad: Son, It''s kinda hard to read the paper through your butt..."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 09:48:16 PM »
I apologize Mariobro64, but I really don't believe in Codes from Action Replay. They disgust me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 10:43:21 PM »
It doesn't really matter whether you believe in them or not.

That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2004, 10:50:18 PM »
Meowrik, get off your high horse.

For those of those who want the codes, here they are:

v1.0

v1.1

v1.2

To figure out what version you have, look at the bottom of the disc around the center and you should see DOL-GALE and some numbers.  If the last numbers are 00, you have version 1.0, 01 = v1.1 and 02 = v1.2

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2004, 02:36:05 PM »
Look, Meowrik, normally I'd side on you with this right away, but it's just so many people are saying it works, even on other sites, so, well, yeah. Could you possibly upload a screenshot? Also, do they actually have them on the character selection screen or does it replace a character? If they do, what's it say when you choose them? Also, what would their other colors be? What about other modes like Giant Melee? And lastly, what about their fighter stance?

P.S. Is there any way to know what Action Replay version your purchasing before opening it?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Come on now! Just like that!

Edited by - Do The Mario! on 2/23/2004 12:45:30 PM
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2004, 07:04:24 PM »
Well, seeing as no one's replying, and I was waiting for someone to reply to ask this question, but because no one is, I'll ask: When you play as Master/Crazy hand, will they always make their "trademark" appearance when they come from the back of the course laughing?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 09:48:24 PM »
Wow, I stand corrected.

That's one thing I miss from the original Smash Bros... How each character entered a specific way. Ie: Mario jumps out of a pipe, Samus steps out of a save station from Metroid, Link comes glides down from that blue light like when he comes back with the Master Sword in the Temple of Time, etc...

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2004, 10:43:40 AM »
Yeah, I know, but I'm talking about their "maniacal" laugh and coming from the back of the course (the guy did say that, but I want to know if it still zooms on him and he laughs).

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »
>Could you possibly upload a screenshot?
Tell me what you want to see (course, characters, etc.) and I can.

>Also, do they actually have them on the character selection screen or does it replace a character?  If they do, what's it say when you choose them? Also, what would their other colors be?  What about other modes like Giant Melee?
They just replace a character.  The Hand codes override whatever mode you're in.  If you're using debug mode instead, you start the game differently, so you don't even use the same select screen.  The debug menu will let you change character sizes from something like 0.1 to 5.0 times normal size and colors as well.  I don't think the other characters have alternate colors though without using more codes.  Also, Giga Bowser and the Wireframes work like regular characters, but the Hands attacks use the D-Pad + buttons oddly enough.  You can play as the Sandbag too, but if you double-jump, it locks up.

>And lastly, what about their fighter stance?
They have none.  They weren't programmed in.  They don't even have proper icons / header names.

>P.S. Is there any way to know what Action Replay version your purchasing before opening it?
The original is 1.06, the one with Zelda codes added is 1.07.  The newest one (don't remember what codes) is 1.10 I believe.

>When you play as Master/Crazy hand, will they always make their "trademark" appearance when they come from the back of the course laughing?
Yes.  And yeah, I didn't even think about the other characters absent entrances... they should have kept those for SSBM.

Edited by - MegaByte on 2/25/2004 12:31:55 PM

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2004, 07:34:20 PM »
Thanks for all that, but something still confuses me- you say they replace one character, but (let's say Ness for example) is the icon the same, and when you select Ness it says Ness, or does the icon change and/or somehow say "Master Hand" or would it be a bunch of gobbly-gook? And for the screenshot, I basically want a shot of Master Hand, Giga Bowser, Male Wireframe and Sandbag in Mushroom Kingdom II if that's ok.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 08:32:27 PM »
Well, the sound test does have narration for Master Hand, and Wireframes, I think.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 2/25/2004 6:33:01 PM

That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 09:03:53 PM »
Ummm... of course he's on Sound Test.

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2004, 10:30:57 PM »
When the level loads its Master Hand instead whoever you chose. Yes he does the freaky laughter and the the screen zooms on him and crud but if you pause it'll stop the glitchy-ish intro. I haven't tried anyone else yet.
Anyway, so if you choose Ness or whoever when it starts the level *BOOM* it's MH instead. For me as soon as I reach the character screen it skips to the level select screen or battle.

DE QUIZNO SUBS! ANY COUPON WORKS! BEWARE OF PAPER CUUUUUTS! DE QUIZNO SUBS!
This post is brought to you by Food! It''s edible!

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 10:50:13 AM »
Ok, but what do you mean by "glitchy" intro? I mean, how is it glitchy?

EDIT: Ummmm... is/are the screenshot(s) almost ready?

Edited by - Do The Mario! on 2/26/2004 5:26:41 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2004, 10:10:15 PM »
No, I was meaning the narrator has sound clips saying "Master Hand!" and stuff.

That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2004, 02:19:36 PM »
By glitchy I mean you can see behind the stages and you can't see any thing from the other side. It's see-through. But otherwise it's safe UNLESS you go to Flatzone, of course.

DE QUIZNO SUBS! ANY COUPON WORKS! BEWARE OF PAPER CUUUUUTS! DE QUIZNO SUBS!
This post is brought to you by Food! It''s edible!

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 11:16:37 AM »
Why, what happens in Flat Zone? Also, are the screen shots almost ready? If for some reason you can't do Mushroom Kingdom II or can't have all the characters on the screen at a time, just please give me a screen shot with as much proof as possible that this is real.

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2004, 05:37:08 PM »
what kind of attacks could a sandbag do?

Edited by - Popple on 3/5/2004 3:37:51 PM
Let me away from this boulder!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 09:43:44 PM »
Body slam.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2004, 06:39:14 PM »
Which buttons?

Edited by - Popple on 3/8/2004 4:39:39 PM

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2004, 06:15:08 PM »
Sorry for being gone for like a week. Anyway, The thing is that Flatzone is so flat that (That sounds weird. Flat that flat that... ) Master Hand glitches. He is big therefore he would bust through the stage. So it freezes as a failsafe just in case he ends up outside of the level. ... Flat that flat that flat that...

Do not disturb, that''s my job!

Edited by - MarioBro64 on 3/9/2004 4:16:40 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
But it renders everyone 2D in that stage.
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2004, 08:46:16 PM »
True, every PLAYABLE character.

Jammin'' sig of the week-"Zap: HELLO!? Disembodied head here!"

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2004, 10:50:17 AM »
>Could you possibly upload a screenshot?
Tell me what you want to see (course, characters, etc.) and I can.

Are you almost done with it? =/

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2004, 06:09:50 PM »
Can you use them in target practice?

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 10:54:54 AM »
 it would be cool if there would be master foot!

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2004, 09:37:16 AM »
I never thought of that, it'd probably freeze, but maybe it'll do the character's course you choose. That is, if he can come in from the back, I think those courses are designed like Flat Zone.

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2004, 12:17:56 PM »
think of it in that event wher are master hand and crazy hand! cool...

hey everybody! my password is 2Rt1sk

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2004, 09:41:33 AM »
You know what? Maybe in the beanbag event, you can go all the way to the end of the thingy-ma jigger as Master Hand or Crazy Hand and touch the very end of how far it goes, and it'd think it was the beanbag touching it.

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 10:54:06 AM »
enough of master hand,how about giga bowser?

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 04:32:39 PM »
Well, Master Hand could only go as far as possible in ten seconds on the homerun contest, and if a character lands, it doesn't read it as the bag. It'd be cool to use Sand Bag in homerun contest.

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2004, 09:32:48 AM »
:hits self on head: That's right, for some reason I thought  by stepping on the ground- well, whatever, please forgve my stupidity. Giga Bowser on the target test would be incredibly easy. That is, depending on which one you're doing.

Print