Print

Author Topic: paper mario trouble: battling lord crump on the pirate ship  (Read 12146 times)

« on: January 01, 2006, 07:00:47 PM »
he's giving me a hard time. anyone have any tips that would be helpful to this gal?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »
Waste no time fighting the X-Nauts. Use Star Power when necessary, you have Sweet Feast by now. Use Vivian or Bobbery. Actually, forget about Vivian, just use Bobbery. Go to the shop to buy some items if you need them. Equip badges that help your attack power. And level up if you can, that always helps...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
thank you! thank you! i forgot all about the shop...its in the next screen!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 08:09:38 PM »
Did you beat him?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »
i didnt get back on the game, yet. im about to. i just gotta email some typing i did as an odd job today.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 08:12:39 PM »
Bird Person's right...when you're feeling down, Bobbery's there to nuke the bad guys.

...But yeah, Bob's a good choice.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 01:24:56 PM »
I like to use Goombella and Koops on him. You can't go wrong with Goombella's multi-bonk.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 01:53:38 PM »
Actually Khold, you can, if you only get 1-3 hits in. You can go wrong with anything if you get the action commands wrong.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »
i didnt get to beat lord crump yet cause i have to be at school so i wont beat him till thursday night. i'll post how it goes :)

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 04:22:22 PM »
Actually Khold, you can, if you only get 1-3 hits in. You can go wrong with anything if you get the action commands wrong.
Well, for me it's not very hard to get more than 6 hits. But, I actually mainly use the Power Bounce badge. I have a bunch of badges, so the first hit, I take off 35 damage! Yeah, I was just playing alot and just leveling up. Right now, I'm at level 56. ;D I'm also focusing alot on FP because I have quite a three Power Bounce badges.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 04:47:09 PM »
Daaaang. I'd check, but my disc doesn't work... I'm going to get a new one. I'm at level 43, maybe. I don't know. I don't use Power Bounce often, just the regular jump or multibounce. That's usually enough.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:16:09 PM »
Have you beaten Bonetail yet, Bird Person?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 06:50:52 PM »
Yep. I find the Return Postage badge worthless, because more often than not, I try to Superdefend (I forgot the exact name, but it's the defend action command that you use B for) Now I want to play PMTTYD. GRRRRR!!! Better make a shopping list.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 03:25:15 PM »
Super defend. I don't have very good reactions, except for counting reactions, like using the power bounce.

Anyways pt_peach, make sure you use your FP and attack items alot. Try to super defend against his powerful attacks. I don't know anything else that would help you. Good luck next time.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
thanks. good luck to me. i bought a lot of items. i'll try to talk my ma into letting me play it tonight. i got myself into a lot of trouble :( :( :(

Print