Print

Author Topic: What's the worst videogame you've ever played?  (Read 104588 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2008, 04:08:18 PM »
It's not their fault I'm good enough at Mario to beat Galaxy in three days. I can beat almost any other Mario game just as fast or faster. What's the idea behind there ever being more than one 3-D Mario adventure on one console, though? That has never happened unless you count Luigi's Mansion.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
Harvest Moon for the Game Boy was not one of the worst things I've ever played, but it was bad for the following reasons:

-The "town" you could go into when you leave your farm was four shop-ish places selected via a map-shaped menu. Whether any of the places would let you in was literally random.

-It had a dumb name: Harvest Moon GB. On the other hand, that makes me feel a little better about all the idiotic "DS" puns on said portable.

I didn't care for Harvest Moon GBC.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »
I'm going to say Transformers: The Movie for Wii. Just generally bad.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2008, 12:28:37 AM »
RPG re-releases are generally the best thing ever (especially when we're talking Chrono Trigger), so I'm pretty darn happy about the DS, personally.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2008, 07:12:15 AM »
Or new RPGs...

Can't wait for 358/2 Days...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »
Kingdom Hearts is barely an RPG.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2008, 10:57:43 AM »
Or barely a game.
every

« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »
What about Fire Emblem?
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »
Fixed.

Save for Mushroom Men, which actually does look sorta cool, and sure-fire awesomeness like the PW Edgeworth spinoff, there's nothing to be truly excited about regarding the DS unless you like RPG re-releases. But the Wii's in the worst shape. I can count the number of truly great, triple-A titles released per year on one hand.

Every pro-Nintendo argument I've seen lists the exception, not the rule. The Wii has SMG, yeah, but so what? Everyone here's beaten that like four times over, and some new games would be appreciated. Just admit it: Nintendo desperately needs to shape up.

I missed the part where re-releases are bad. Sure, original content is awesome, and the DS has a ton of that, but re-releases of great games are also awesome - especially if they add new content.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »
I missed the part where re-releases are good. I mean, sure, good games are still good after the first time you play them, but they're no substitute for new good games.
every

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
Or barely a game.
You just described all JRPGs.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
Makes you wonder why they're even called "RPGs" in the first place. CWG (Cutscene Watching Game) or TRG (Text Reading Game) would be more suitable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
Because the first ones took elements from D&D.
Also, just because you don't know how to have fun doesn't mean you have to act like people don't actually do anything when playing.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »
I'm not saying they aren't fun, I'm just pointing out that they really aren't games, let alone role-playing.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
Well, you're playing a role, so...
every

Print