Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50678 times)

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:18 PM »
Pretty sure the 3DS comes with a charging cable as well as a cradle. That'd be how they let people play it at all of the demos.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
The charging cable can be plugged into the cradle or into the 3DS directly.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
I held my 3DS today. I stroked it, nuzzled it, and kissed its box. I talked to it so it would learn the sound of my voice, like a baby in the womb. I played it some classical music to help its development.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »
  • The analog stick/circle thing is neat, and it even seems to work in DS titles (with limited success, mind you).
  • The D-Pad and shoulder buttons aren't as good as the DS Lite's.  The former is all clicky and weird, while the latter are much smaller and less responsive.
  • They moved the Start and Select buttons again.  But then they put the Power Button there instead.  I'm going to turn off my system in the middle of a game at some point, and then I'll be miffed.
  • The 3D is, unfortunately, noticeably hard on the eyes, even after a few seconds.  Unless it's required to play a game, I'm not sure how much I'll be using it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
The stylus placement is abysmal.

Everything else is good.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
Ah, yeah, stylus.  Kinda sucks for right-handed people.

Good thing I was born with fingers.

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
  • The 3D is, unfortunately, noticeably hard on the eyes, even after a few seconds.  Unless it's required to play a game, I'm not sure how much I'll be using it.

Your casual is showing. Any truly HARDCORE gamer would have honed their senses by immersing themself in 3D media prior to the launch of the 3DS.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
anyone got $250 lyin' around

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:53 PM »
So, uh, is there any advantage to using the Cradle to charge the system as opposed to just directly plugging it in?  Because it seems like it's a disadvantage since you can't actually use the system if it's in the Cradle.

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
With the cradle, people like LD can gently rock their 3DS to sleep every night.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Man.  3D is cool but I start experiencing motion sickness after too long.

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2011, 11:33:41 AM »
Really liking how everything works so far, but I guess a good bulk of features won't be available until May with the new update. I was very surprised to find an OKGO music video in my last system update...

The 3D was kinda hard to get used to at first, but I'm pretty well-adjusted to it by now. My brother and I have been having a lot fun "interacting" with the character AR cards.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
Wow, yeah, the d-pad and buttons feel like the original DS.

CLICKY BUTTONS ARE BACK, BABY!

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
ProTip: Hold down START or SELECT while tapping the menu icon to display a DS game at its original screen size ratio.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/cradled-by-inadequacy-the-3ds-battery-put-to-the-test.ars

I wouldn't be affected by this much, considering I'm used to playing a game system with about the same amount of battery life (and used to laptops with worse), but too bad for people who were expecting to be able to play the system for several hours straight without it being plugged in. (I don't know who these people are, but still.)

Print