Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188895 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #467 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:30 PM »
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
read jitsu wa watashi wa

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #468 on: June 09, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
-_-

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:05 PM »
:-)
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #470 on: June 26, 2015, 06:19:06 AM »
ima gonna break this
I actually thought of a theory(at last)
Mario's Adventures are his daydreams

Mario just daydreams(say, at a tavern or something)  and all of his adventures in the mushroom kingdom are just his imagination. You could say that his adventures are just a *puts on sunglasses* a pipe dream
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

« Reply #471 on: June 26, 2015, 06:20:27 AM »
I'm sorry. I'll just leave
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #472 on: June 26, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »
"The events seen in fiction are a dream or hallucination or make-believe or otherwise not really happening" is really

really

really

really

overdone.

No offense, but, yeah. Theories like that about any story really burn my bacon. That's like not even the first room of interpreting stories, it's outside the entire fortress. In the rain. Covered in garbage. That is on fire.

A big one in recent memory is Over The Garden Wall. The ending makes it so easy to just take it that Wirt dreamed everything, because he and Greg wake up in the same pond they fell into between the time they left the real 70s/80s world and found themselves lost in the fairy tale-like Unknown. It's almost right there, it's almost basically spelled out for you that this is what happened. But if you dig deep and assume it wasn't a dream, possibilities open up to explain how not. My understanding of it is that going unconscious in the "real world," coupled with Wirt's despair made them vulnerable enough for The Beast to pull into The Unknown, to do what he does to kids who get truly lost in his forest. And only after Wirt accepted responsibility for Greg and for his own mistakes and displayed any will to learn from those mistakes and get past them, were they able to defeat The Beast, and escape. "That was weird, it must have been a dream" is the lazy way out of thinking about a story. Think deeper. Think, "that happened... but how, and why?"
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #473 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »
Oh silly BP, everybody knows that the Mario cast have been dead all along. And they're actually Time Lords. And Cthulu is involved somehow. And their existence is the product of both Shinji Ikari and Tommy Westphall's imaginations. Simultaneously.

And also Mario is on drugs.

« Reply #474 on: June 26, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »
Mario's life is so crazy that he daydreams about leading a normal, uneventful existence as a plumber.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »
Alternatively, the other Nintendo universes are him imagining about parts of his character.
He's often considered to be a big eater, and Kirby is a personification of his love for food, taken to extreme levels.
He's adventurous and has a complex to rescue anybody in need, which manifests as Link.
Considering he frequently holds races that would kill in real life, F-Zero is his love for extreme sports.
Star Fox is probably a love for space. I know I'm stretching, but Mario has always had a connection with stars. Ever since the SNES Rainbow Road was at least very high up, and he's had at least 2 platformers in space.
I'll probably expand on this some more soon, but that's all for right now.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #476 on: June 28, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »
Nah, I think Star Fox might be related to his penchant for adventuring while wearing animal costumes.  Adventuring in space is just a secondary trait.
Go Moon!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #477 on: June 28, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
Mario is probably a furry. Miyamoto admitted to being one at E3.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #478 on: June 28, 2015, 12:16:16 PM »
Then... what is Sakurai? oh boy
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #479 on: June 28, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
Poyosexual.

Print