Miscellaneous > Not at the Dinner Table

Sexual Orientation

(1/52) > >>

Sapphira:
While I know this is a risky and controversial topic, I'm surprised this poll hasn't been done before. I do realize not everyone fits "neatly" into one category, and one's orientation and/or identification may change over time. If you're unfamiliar with any of the terms in the poll, Google is your friend.

Feel free to discuss anything related to sexual and/or romantic orientation here. Just keep it respectful, tactful, and kind.  Also, save the marriage/gay debate for the preexisting topic.

I personally identify as hetero-romantic ace. Depending on how you look at it, I guess that makes me both "straight" and "nothing" at the same time.

The Chef:
Heterosexual all the way....unless you happen to be Chris Hemsworth. (' /// ' ;

PaperLuigi:
I'm a heterosexual...nothing much to say about that, really. I've had four partners over the course of my life and they've all been women (yay me?).

I'm not completely turned off to the idea of becoming romantically or sexually interested in a male, I just don't see it happening. But you never know with the human body, I guess.

Suffix:
I've been nearly reduced to an aromantic heterosexual, and I see no option for that!

EDIT: I suppose that would fall under "it's complicated." I was mostly kidding, anyway.

Markio:
I'm gay.  Attracted to men, and I guess I've had emotional-romantic crushes on men, though I haven't really done anything.  I can still donate blood!

I met a friend in college who identified as a "pan-romantic lesbian."  While she was sexually attracted to women, she said she felt the capacity to fall in love romantically with a person without regards to their gender.  Her girlfriend is a transgender woman who so far hasn't undergone any transition, so she looks like a man still.

Another friend of mine eventually came out as a lesbian, attracted to women.  However, she identifies as "genderqueer," so her gender identity is about 60% female, 40% male (she's biologically female).  So for her, it's confusing to say she's a lesbian if she herself is not simply a "woman" attracted to women.  (Her parents are evangelical Christian, and when they found her online profile with a "queer" identification they began to tell their friends that they were disowning their daughter.  They stopped funding her college tuition, so she had to take out loans in her own name to avoid having them send her to a local private Christian college.  It was pretty upsetting, but she's been very adamant about taking care of herself despite her family's rejection).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version