Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 8  (Read 40646 times)

« on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »
There doesn't appear to be a thread here for this game, so I made one.

I am excited about the Koopalings appearing in this game! I am not excited about the babies once again returning, but as long as they keep the items balanced like they were in MK7, I will be ok with baby heroes/princesses (as long as they are the only babies appearing this round..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
Metal Dry Baby Wawaluigi will appear. I know it
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
I hate the so-called "item-balancing" they've implemented a lot more lately. I'd like to use something other than a banana peel when I'm in first place, y'know?
Relics.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:39:04 AM »
I am planning on getting this later this year when it comes out. I have not bought any of the MK games previously for a long time. The last MK game I played properly was Mk64.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
I want to get it, but sadly don't have a Wii U yet.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
I'm.... hesitant. 12-man GPs are back.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
That's not a bad thing, necessarily. As long as the items stay relatively balanced, similarly to MK7. That's the most item balanced one I've played.. since MKSC, I think.

Now if they would just lose the Blooper..

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »
How will the anti-gravity work? Will the camera rotate with the car, or not?
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
Yes.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qp9iPKeNs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qp9iPKeNs</a>

New trailer.
Relics.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
I don't think I've ever been quite so hyped about a Mario Kart game. And it's not even that it's got much more going for it than other Mario Karts, these videos just make it look so fun. I know I'll be picking up a copy, and I'm sure my friends and I will have a grand old time with it.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »
I just can't get over how brilliant the graphics look, especially after giving Mario Kart Double Dash, DS and Wii so much guff for their subpar graphics over the years.

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »
I'm probably preordering if I can. And hopefully I can get the collector's edition if it's not too expensive.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:49 PM »
I'd like the digital version AND the blue shell from the limited edition, but I doubt that's possible. 

I've said it before, but will say it again, "Digital downloads should offer a real world incentive or a price discount." 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »
In my excitement for Mario Kart 8, I went out and (finally) bought Mario Kart 7.

... does anyone still play?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print