Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart 8  (Read 41473 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2014, 07:39:57 PM »
Seven more are excessive copies of the same boss concept that I seem to remember Nintendo consolidating into one nice neat package in 2002

yeah but he doesn't have green hair and glasses

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
...Which a total of one of them do.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »
exactly

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »
God, the Direct is probably the best put together I've seen. I really liked the more creative path they took with this one, and hope they go in a more humorous direction with later Directs.

But man these character designs are silly... P4R is satire
Relics.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »
I still refuse to believe this is all the characters. No Birdo, no Bowser Jr., no Diddy Kong (or Dixie or Cranky). But now I'm starting to think they'll be DLC, like in Mario Golf: World Tour. Say for $5.99 you can get a cup of four retro courses, some new kart parts, and Diddy Kong (and maybe actual arenas for battle mode?), or $19.99 to buy all four packs at once plus unlock Emerald Luigi, who is immune to Blue Shells but can't use any items himself.

That would kinda suck since they did explicitly confirm in the ND that it's $60. Mario Golf is only $30 (in America. In Europe, it's still full price for a 3DS game, which is noticeably more than USD$40 already), so getting the game with the season pass gets you a pretty huge number of holes for only $5 more than a regular 3DS game (if you're American), even if those extra holes are just the courses from Mario Golf 64 with new scenery.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:21:27 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
I hate DLC.

Edit: But I guess I should be glad that it's the Koopalings, who are visually interesting, and they're not putting in stupid generic bosses like King Bob-Omb or whatever, especially if they were still bound to their own karts and couldn't use anyone else's

That'd just be dumb
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:19:33 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8</a>

The newest internet yamyam
Relics.

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »
I hate DLC.
DLC can be good if it's done right. Take the Sonic Lost World DLC, for example. Two bonus levels based on Zelda and Yoshi's Island for free. Adding a few crossover/retro tracks would be amazing for free, or even a few dollars if it's something like a pack of every Rainbow Road or Mario Circuit.\\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8</a>

The newest internet yamyam
I'm maining Luigi in MK8 because of this. Although, I had always planned on doing that anyway.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2014, 02:57:31 AM »
I do like DLC that's done right, I just dislike when it's exploited to get extra money right around release time. And I guess it really doesn't seem like the objective is to make people pay extra for a good roster--they just made weird decisons? So whatever, keep doing whatever it is you're doing, Nintendo, just don't announce the Krazy Kong Pals and WarioWare's Eccentric Employees downloadable character packs tomorrow, or else it might start looking kinda Capcom in here.

Lack of characters I'd rather play than Still Pretty Much Just Yoshi aside, I love MK8.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 09:10:03 PM »
I'd like to think I have enough self control to not pay just for characters, but packs of retro courses with extra characters thrown in would be pretty okay.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
I would pay $5.00 to be able to set the amount of laps in VS Race. We want 3-lap N64 Rainbow Road!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
It might seem strange, but I'd pay to get out of the kart and walk around.  Imagine climbing to the highest point or with antigrav boots, the lowest.  What would happen if I could collect items?  Could we play coop or competitive with walking players by throwing them items or throwing items at other racers?   
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2014, 01:37:49 PM »
Or you could have battles with other walking players on Rainbow Road, kind of like a 3D SSB, but with items only and no Fox.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »
Crossover!  Own both Mario Kart 8 and SSB WIi U?  MK3 characters can brawl in SSB and SSB characters can race  in MK8!  (Figurines can also be used to add players to both games.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »
No h8, MK8 is str8 up gr8.

Although when it comes to music, I like the original versions of Toad's Turnpike and Rainbow Road 64 better...
Relics.

Print