Print

Author Topic: Marrymore Mystery  (Read 10547 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: August 13, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »
SMRPG. There's a young Toad in Marrymore when you first arrive who is constantly nervous and jittering about. He has dialogue, but the game itself has text on him, too, saying, in effect, "He seems to really need to go somewhere."

Does he have any relevance to the game or side quests or whatever? Or is it just in there to be in there.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
Sounds like simple toilet humor to me, based on that information.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
Is this the same young Toad who is later sitting in Raz and Raini's wedding? (sorry if that was spoilers.. have you played before?)

There's no sidequest. He really just needs to use the restrooms.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
I can't believe you spoiled that, I was SO invested in these two NPCs' little side story that began with "we're engaged," I really had no idea where it would go from there and now it's ruined
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »
I dunno, we knew they were going to marry from the beginning, but maybe the spoiler is that they were going to marry more.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
Doesn't he say he can't take it anymore and bolt if you talk to him during the wedding? Maybe I'm misremembering.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
^ Yeah, he does.

I'm curious to know how his lines are phrased in the Japanese release.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »
Isn't he the one that caused me to miss getting 100%.  Jump on his head to get something?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »
You're thinking of the ? Box at the very beginning of the game in the princess' castle, where you have to jump on regular ol' Toad's head to reach it.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »
Yes. Only Toad is somehow tall enough to reach that one particular hidden treasure. If you can somehow get the npc Toads there later on, none of them will give you the height needed to reach it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:57 PM »
I have played through this game a few times and I seem to recall the Toad in question.

Y'all may be right, he may be referring to the bathroom, but maybe he's the kind of guy who just hates weddings? (Source: I'm not a fan of them myself and usually can't wait to go home--but even then, I wouldn't be as unstable as that Toad).

Raz and Raini were engaged from the time they were introduced in Mushroom Kingdom. You can explore Mushroom Kingdom before Mallow shows up and they'll talk about their upcoming wedding.

The time element of Super Mario RPG is a little unclear, but apparently the amount of time it takes you to get through Kero Sewers, the Forest, and Booster Tower (and a few other towns I'm probably forgetting offhand; it's been 4, almost 5 years since I last played this one) is enough time for those two to get married. You can sleep in the inns, but that's only one day.

Print