Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi & Paper  (Read 27951 times)

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2016, 04:27:07 AM »
Are you saying Paper Jam succeeds in resuscitating PM, or that it's still in dire need of it?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »
Asking, with lots and lots and lots of doubt

I probably wouldn't play it anyway because M&L has long been 80% tutorial for game mechanics that only get used once
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:55:35 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »
From what I hear, this game hands you a book full of optional tutorials to view at your own leisure.

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
I haven't played a tutorial in the game since the first area, at least, not that I can remember. They don't spoon-feed the commands, which has made me lazy in terms of even understanding how Bros. Items work anymore.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
Not really digging it so far. Needless to say, Paper Mario's involvement boils down to "LOL HE'S LITERALLY MADE OF PAPER ISN'T THAT QUIRKY", and controlling three characters on the field is pushing it.

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »
Eh, I've always felt Paper Mario's involvement in everything boiled down to that. Every time Thousand Year Door was like, "he can fit through anything, you just have to turn him the right way," is pretty much exactly what they've been doing with him since then.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 06:23:29 PM »
I find it's more forgivable in TTYD because it's never incorporated into the story. It's just a gameplay mechanic that nobody but the black chests and your partners refer to.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:14 PM »
I thought it was more that the curse allows Mario to turn himself into paper. Like if in a regular Mario game, Mario got a power-up that turned him into "Paper Airplane Mario" or something along those lines.

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkRU-O6URC8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkRU-O6URC8</a>

Print