Miscellaneous > General Chat

Concept/Thematic Albums?

(1/3) > >>

Luigison:
As some of the long timers may remember I am a fan of thematic albums and thus my list below: 

Date Artist Album MyStarRating
1972 David Bowie:  The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust And the Spiders from Mars David Bowie ***
1975 The Who:  Tommy *
1979 Pink Floyd:  The Wall ****
1983 Styx:  Mr. Roboto **
1988 Queensryche:  Operation Mindcrime *****
2004 Green Day:  American Idiot ***
2009 Coheed and Cambria:  Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow ***

I am saddened by the current popular short 3 to 4 minute pop songs.  If anyone has any long form suggestions or disagrees with my above ratings please let me know.  I welcome any and all discussion.  Thanks in advance! 

Lizard Dude:
Haven't there always been popular short 3 to 4 minute pop songs? I don't think any musical era was filled with epic saga albums as a majority...

Janelle MonĂ¡e probably has the biggest popular concept albums currently. Have you listened to those?

Luigison:
Yes, I should have worded that better.  I'm saddened by the fact that most people don't buy or listen to entire albums anymore. 

No, but I will.  Thanks

Weegee:
One star for Tommy? Explain yoself foo

Luigison:
LD,
I gave her a listen (actually watch a few YouTube videos) and think that the concept(s) are great and require multiple listens.  I've add them to my list. 

WeeGee,
I should have stated the the ratings were relative to my opinions on other albums listed only.  Overall I think Tommy should get a least a 3 star rating. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version