Print

Author Topic: A simple question about Yoshi  (Read 31042 times)

« on: May 31, 2005, 11:37:54 AM »
Why does baby Yoshi not have a saddle? Where does the saddle come from? Post your opinions please.

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »
Because it's hidden under the egg shell? Because the egg shell overtime becomes the saddle? I don't know.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:09:47 PM »
It could be that, or perhaps a part of a Yoshi's scales hardens to become a saddle as they age.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:55:41 PM »
Do they not have saddles? Huh, look at that.
I never noticed.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:47:58 PM »
Well, when I was first born...

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Saddles seem detachable, but a part of the body at the same time.  In SM64DS, when Yoshi
 is low on health, his saddle raises like a car hood so he can cool off.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 10:04:52 AM »
Hmm, so some people still think they're shells? My cousin is a Yoshi fanatic, and we were talking about this. We think the Yoshi is a diverse species of Koopa that didn't join forces with Bowser, and that thing is its shell. I mean, when Mario was a baby and the Yoshis on Yoshi's Island found him, the "saddles" were already there. But the Yoshis had never been ridden before, had they?

On SM64DS, it looks like it's just moving up his back, but that's probably because his head was leaning forward. Why would he be wearing it at that time, anyway? He was asleep on the roof!

Tweet! Any Questions? –Bird Person<(^v^)>

Edited by - BiRd PeRsOn on 6/3/2005 9:12:39 AM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 11:14:38 AM »
The reason for him always wearing the saddle is because the games makers did it that way. It could be a shell but if Yoshi was able to partially remove it in SM64DS it's most likly not. In Yoshi's Island there's no proof that the Yoshi's where babies. If you want to discuss Yoshi and other things further then come to this site:
http://kamikazekoopa.proboards38.com/index.cgi

It's all about theories and the mysteries in mario's universe.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 12:02:04 PM »
It could be that it is part of his body, but it's a cartoony little gag.  Example: The koopas that have their shells stolen.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 12:02:39 PM »
It could be that it is part of his body, but it's a cartoony little gag.  Example: The koopas that have their shells stolen.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 05:35:22 PM »
I think the saddle is in the skin. as yoshi gets older, the saddle comes out.
________

w00t.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 08:13:37 PM »
I think none of you are correct.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 08:58:39 PM »
Maybe, and this is a big maybe, his saddle/shell thing is really a big nose plug.  Yoshi might not be able to control not breathing through his nose underwater after he matures, so he gets a suction cup like cover.  AND THAT is why he melts in SMS, cause Mario is sitting on it, he inhales water, and when he breaths the water, he just moves really fast.  That would also explain why you can't find him after he jumps into the waterfall in SM64.

You say you want a {Nintendo}revolution, well, you know, we all want to change the world
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 11:11:43 PM »
I'd guess along the lines of the "some creatures of the Mushroom Kingdom are born/hatched with natural articles of clothing" theory.  Like how Koopas, by any sense, would be born with shells, but they're clearly able to remove them, etc.  The same would apply to the Yoshis' saddles (and boots, I suppose).

Heh, I guess you could also apply it to Toad hat/hair question...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 02:47:09 AM »
Fifth wrote (snipped):

I'd guess along the lines of the "some creatures of the Mushroom Kingdom are born/hatched with natural articles of clothing" theory. Like how Koopas, by any sense, would be born with shells, but they're clearly able to remove them, etc. The same would apply to the Yoshis' saddles (and boots, I suppose).

I agree with Fifth on that theory. I think as Yoshi gets older a saddle naturally grows out of its backside. Same with Koopas - they grow a shell that eventually becomes removable.

Print