Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 32375 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 10:56:54 PM »
I agree that DIC is the much worse dubbing company than 4Kids. At least 4Kids uses very talents voice actors (Liza Ortiz, Veronica Taylor, Eric Sturat, Tara Jayne, Rachel Lillis) and they leave in orginl music sometimes. I hate how they change things, but they do it so that little kids who know nothing aboutthe orgianl cam enjoy it. I hat eit when they botch up a series, but what can you do. That's why i watch loads of anime on DVD. It's costly, but that way I can watch alot of series uncut, unedited, and dubbed to boot!

A Mario cartoon? I don't know, especaily since i have the vaguest memories of the originals

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 07:32:05 PM »
Black Mage: Weren't you the one who mentioned the Cow-terpie pun in some other thread some time ago?

As for a new Mario cartoon, I'll rephrase what I said in another thread:

Anime = a no go. No I have nothing against anime but most VG animes seem terrrible compared to its VG counterpart. A cartoon I wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't include some prepubescent kid hogging the spotlight.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 12:18:29 PM »
No, a Mario anime is just what it needs! Despite the retarded plotlines of the FoxBox Sonic the Hedgehog anime, I really like it and I have a few tapes of it that I taped from TV. The Kirby anime was good, too. So a Mario anime would be awesome!

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 02:50:36 PM »
If they ever make a Mario cartoon I hope it follows along the lines of the RPG's. I would also like it if they were to use existing characters rather than make new ones to fill a position. There's about 1000 existing characters right now and if they were to use some random kid instead of say Baby Yoshi or Goombario you know heads are gonna roll.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 04:41:25 PM »
I would like to see a new mario cartoon, I hope it would be better than Super Mario World: The tv series. I hope they will remake the SMB Super Show. Have Charles Martinet as the voice of Mario And Luigi. I don't know who would do the live action skits.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 06:10:02 PM »
They could give two nerdy Mario fans plastic surgery and give them Italian accent drugs.

Well, this is where the signature goes...
every

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
you're right about mario getting a new show sonic has one and mario should have one too. great statement.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 02:30:12 PM »
They might give Toad the voice of a 40 year old cab driver from L.A like Iceman from the Megaman anime. That would suck.

"Rockin Robots, Dr. Light!"~Megaman
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 08:32:49 AM »
if there is a new mario cartoon don't let dic make it. they couldn't get the mario world right if they play and beat all of the mario games in the world. in super mario bros super show made by dic, mouser works for bowser. subcon was a dream.

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Haha, I found an old sig I had on another site:

</img>
<p>Edited by - goodie on 6/23/2005 4:06:09 PM
lol What a good one!

if there is a new mario cartoon don't let dic make it. they couldn't get the mario world right if they play and beat all of the mario games in the world. in super mario bros super show made by dic, mouser works for bowser. subcon was a dream.
I'd rather if DiC DID do another Mario cartoon. That won't happen anymore thanks 4KIDS! :rolleyes

4Kids would automatically get the US rights to it
Is it just me, or do they have a monopoly on anime film licensing?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 10:57:00 AM by ottermi619 »

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 07:41:07 PM »
Yes,if they do I hope they make it like the old Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon.That would be cool!
Christmas and Thanksgiving are coming soon!

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 07:48:23 PM »
I think we should all be a little more thankful that 4kids didn't get the rights to Naruto (which they were planning to do if One Piece was a success).

I heard some people on other message boards talking about how great a Super Smash Bros. cartoon (in the spirit of Justice League) would be and the more I thought about, the more I thought "Wow...that's a horrible idea".

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 03:59:40 PM »
I'd rather if DiC DID do another Mario cartoon. That won't happen anymore thanks 4KIDS! :rolleyes
No way! DiC's terrible at adaptating licenses! Remember "The Real Ghostbusters"? Nobody looked like the actors who played them! And in the "Heathcliff" cartoon, 'Cliff's human buddy Iggy Nutmeg looked nothing like his comic strip counerpart. And even worse, in the "Battletoads" cartoon pilot that thankfully never became a full series, they claimed the 'Toads' secret identities were a trio of high school students, when in the game's storyline, they used to be game technicians! Plus, DiC never bothers enforcing holiday spirit in their Christmas specials (see "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast" if you don't believe me). Speaking of which, in the "Koopa Klaus" episode, Mario-tachi makes their entrance at the North Pole by burrowing from underground - if you ask me, it's more support for my theory that DiC got Mario mixed up with Bugs Bunny.
Anyway, I much would've preferred Mario's cartoon show to be made by Warner Bros. Besides, it's not like 4Kids is angering anime fans on purpose. (They just don't want kids to do bad things that the Japanese consider okay, like smoking and being homosexual.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 04:19:27 PM by Nintendo Maximus »
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 09:36:09 PM »
Psst, NM, I wouldn't bring up Homosexuality here. You'd start up a religous/political flamefest that wouldn't end well and I'm pretty sure no one considers smoking to be okay. It just adds on to the bad boy/girl image.

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »
Let's start a religious/political flamefest! Just not here...

if there is a new mario cartoon don't let dic make it. they couldn't get the mario world right if they play and beat all of the mario games in the world.

Right. To qoute my social studies teacher, "a snowball in [heck's] got a better chance" at anyone getting the Mario world correct. The games don't follow any particluar storyline, which is the number one reason for its success.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

Print