Print

Author Topic: Who do you like better Peach or Daisy?  (Read 15530 times)

« on: June 22, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »
Who is the better girlfriend for Mario.Peach or Daisy?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:58:19 AM »
Pauline..

Edited by - Koopaslaya on 8/2/2005 9:13:03 AM
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »
I've never been able to convince myself that there was a romantic thing between Peach and Mario.
I'm gonna say pauline too.
Though I like Peach a lot more than Daisy.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 01:03:17 PM »
I kind of agree with Screech.  But, I would say Princess Peach.  In my story, The Mushroom Kingdom's Annual Ball, Mario trys it with Daisy, and it just goes downhill from there.  I just can't really picture Daisy with Mario for some reason.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 05:43:45 PM »
Vivian. And Luigi should definitely end up with Princess Eclair.

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
Daisy. She's so...dreamy...
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:48:24 PM »
There's a rumor saying that Mario broke up with pauline.And Mario hasn't been with Daisy since sml.So Peach is the better girlfriend for Mario,while Daisy goes good with Luigi.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 06:24:21 PM »
Actually, I think it would be funny if Mario ended up with Flurrie, or Gombella! Ha ha! But, I guess Peach is the only true person for Mario. It's been that way since 1985. And as far as Pauline goes, I'm sure the two kinda broke up when Mario moved to the Mushroom Kingdom.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 06:48:38 PM »
Princess Screech

"I care"
~Luke Skywalker

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 08:35:53 PM »
I was always under the impression that Vivian has a thing for Mario. But so does Flurrie and Ms. Mowz.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
It seems like EVERYone has a thing for Mario.  But Peach is the only one for Mario.  Peach: "HA!!!  Losers!  I get the mustachio!  SUX 4 U!!!"

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:18:10 PM »
I'm sorry, Mr. Eclipsed Moon, but I'm not quite sure what you're post is supposed to mean...

Edited by - Screech on 6/22/2005 8:20:26 PM

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 12:29:55 AM »
Mario should end up with Candy Kong. LOL, kidding!! No, seriously, I like Peach and Daisy equally.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 04:02:53 AM »
When there are official hints about Mario and Peach's likings to each other, then there should be that very love relationship between Mario and Peach.

Too bad Nintendo haven't even made Fox and Krystal's full-out relationship official either!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 09:10:57 AM »
I can't see why either of them would want to go with Mario, I think Mario is out of his league there.. HAHA
Luigi's better, i reckon.. well, cuter anyway x') heh

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 10:33:40 AM »
"When there are official hints about Mario and Peach's likings to each other, then there should be that very love relationship between Mario and Peach.

Too bad Nintendo haven't even made Fox and Krystal's full-out relationship official either!"

That's what fanfiction is for Hope :)

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 06:55:21 PM »
Did Hope(N Forever) ever play Star Fox Assault?

"I think he will carry this island home in his pocket, and give it his son for an apple."
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 07:06:50 PM »
"Pauline, close it down boys/girl. I wish I were a mod."

I think you should be one too. That way you wouldn't constantly be playing one. Give it a rest.

As for the Peach and Daisy situation, I like Peach more so than Daisy for one reason.

"Hi, I'm Daisy!"

Edited by - Black Mage on 6/23/2005 6:08:48 PM

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 11:26:58 PM »
"Hi, I'm Daisy" is awesome. No Mario quote will ever reach infamy that "Hi, I'm Daisy" has reached. In fact, why isn't there a YTMND of it up yet?

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 12:06:22 AM »
It surprised me to learn that Goombella might have had feelings for Mario (don't know why, it just did). I prefere Peach though. Thoes two have much more history than Mario and Daisy.

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 12:25:21 AM »
I saw Goombella as an admiring little kid, not a girl friend.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 01:01:24 PM »
Did Hope(N Forever) ever play Star Fox Assault?

Yes, I own the game!

After the mission on Sauria may had offered a lot of hints, but nevertheless, nothing was counted official...

There also seems to be a lot of females in the Mushroom Kingdom who seem very affectionate to Mario. But c'mon, people! Who wouldn't be affectionate to the greatest hero that ever lived?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 01:03:39 PM »
Goombella's not a little kid; she's a college student (the game says a Junior, but the manual or something might say Sophomore... *shrugs*). So she'd be around 20-21.

Anyway, Peach and Mario. It's very obvious that they at least have feelings for each other, if they aren't already "together." It's especially apparent/hinted at in PM2, but it's hinted in other games, as well.

I always like pairing up Daisy with Luigi. Daisy's trophy in SSBM kinda put the idea up in the air about the possibility...or something.

I can't picture Mario and Daisy paired up at all. As for SML, probably a passing crush (for either or both of them) at MOST. But that's just me.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/24/2005 12:05:39 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 01:40:54 PM »
I like Peach and Mario's relationship, and don't really want it to go any different.  They seem a little shy for each other, but that's natural.

Luigi and Daisy seem to go together (like many other people have said).  I just find it funny that Peach is taller than Mario, and Daisy is taller than Luigi.

Mario should always go with Peach.  Going with Daisy provides an annoying twist and just ruins the history that they have always had.  But does anyone think that Daisy should appear in more Mario games other then sports or parties?  

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »
It'd be really nice if she appeared in more than just party games. Nintendo hints at Daisy and Luigi liking each other, but there's nothing mentioned in any platform or RPG.

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 06:59:03 PM »
"Nintendo hints at Daisy and Luigi liking each other, but there's nothing mentioned in any platform or RPG."

Could be cause she isn't in any of them.

And who said Mario rescued Daisy out of love? For all we know he was probably sent to rescue her.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 12:43:16 AM »
"Oh! Daisy

Daisy"

Sounds like a relationship of some sort to me.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 03:44:22 AM »
I like Peach because she's been around forever and no offence but I think Daisy is a wannabe Peach

Wow Mario & Friends save the Mushroom Kingdom and what do they get.....A CAKE!
Wow Mario & Friends save the Mushroom Kingdom and what do they get.....A CAKE!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »
Oh! Daisy! Daisy, I'm so sick of trying to pry you away from this Tatanga guy! Ugh!

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 01:38:22 AM »
Heh, that's why I thought when I was much younger tha Daisy was some kind of new name for Peach (Toadstool back then). Since Mario called out "Oh Daisy! Daisy", I though she was the same princess.

Random Manga Quote:

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »
There was that whole little movie where there are repeated hints of Daisy and Luigi loving each other... Of course, that might not be considered canon as it's a movie and not from a game.

I better cut you off here, taking an overdose of Markio can be dangerous.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 08:22:56 AM »
Never trust the Mario movie. I cannot stress this enough. I'm now going to put the lowdown on this Mario-Luigi-Peach-Daisy dispute that's been reeking through forums and chats everywhere. This is coming from an experienced Mario fanatic who's read a majority of the Mario comics, seen all the old cartoons, and played all the Mario games ever released in the U.S. And this includes "Hotel Mario," "Mario Teaches Typing," etc. Heck, you name it, I've played it. Except perhaps for Wrecking Crew. Never could get a hold of that. Anyway, that's beside the point. What follows is my analysis on the Mario love scene. It will, I am sure, arouse certain people to respond negatively, but I doubt many have spent the time I have (dozens of hours, at least) pondering the characteristics of Mario characters. I've done my best to analyze and get a deep perspective into the workings of each character, a perspective far deeper than most Mario games permit. My opinions on the relationships between the aforementioned four characters are based on research involving all Mario resources available.

I'm going to begin the actual analysis by restating my most important observation. Whatever you see in the Super Mario Bros. Movie is bogus. DO NOT use it as a representation of Mario. Its relation to the world created by Mr. Miyamoto is zip. He, as well as most NOA officials have repeatedly tried to sever any connections made between that movie and the actual Mario characters.

However, that movie is the cause for this whole argument in the first place. Princess Daisy has never quite been forgotten because of her role in that movie. As a matter of fact, Daisy was never Peach, and Nintendo never pulled a switcheroo as some people may claim (claims weakly supported by the changes in their hair color throughout the years). The princess featured in the movie was supposed to be Peach, but the name "Peach" had not yet been introduced to the U.S., and had existed only as the name for the princess in Japan. Deciding that the princess needed a first name for the film, the script writers decided to use the name "Daisy", taken from the name of the princess saved by Mario in Super Mario Land. The love shown between the Daisy in the film (who was technically Peach; remember, Daisy is princess of Sarasaland, not the Mushroom Kingdom) and Luigi would have a lasting effect on Mario fans. However, as the years went by, that whole naming fiasco was largely forgotten, the movie itself heavily criticized for its lack of any true relation to the real Mario story. For instance, as it is now believed that the Mario Bros. are fraternal twins, the age difference between Mario and Luigi in the film was preposterous. Furthermore, the character traits were heavily flawed; Mario was portrayed as a prudent nagger, much unlike the happy-go-lucky chance-taking Mario Miyamoto created, and Luigi was shown as a young [jerk] with no care whatsoever for danger, exactly the opposite of the intelligent but highly cowardly Luigi known in the cartoons and video games.

I was really devastated when Camelot decided to resurrect the character of Daisy in Mario Tennis for the Nintendo 64. I immediately knew that, with her resurrection, the movie's influence on the minds of fans would return. And sure enough, it did, with fans everywhere immediately pointing to Luigi-Daisy and Mario-Peach relationships. Before Daisy's re-emergence, these subjects had barely even been contemplated.

However, I was pleased to find that, since then, there has NEVER been any official declaration of these relationships either by Miyamoto or any video game. There has only been hints to them, most of which can easily be misread. Of all the hints, only three have ever seriously pointed them out, and all three of these sources have yet to prove anything. Here they are, and here's why:

1. The most obvious would be the mentioning of Daisy as being a possible solution to Luigi for "Mario's Peach" in Super Smash Bros. Melee. This statement, however, actually cancels itself out. I was surprised to see the number of fans who took this mention as literal. It, in fact, is anything but that. The reason is the highly stressed word, "gossips", which notes who the article in the Daisy trophy refers to. The article is merely stating that "gossips", or fans, are the ones stating these rumors. Nowhere does it say it is official. The other thing that gives away its unreliability is its statement of "Mario's Peach". While that is immediately interpreted by most that Mario and Peach are in love, I'd like to ask something: prove it. Again, Nintendo has only released HINTS of this in games and such (the Paper Mario series is notorious for this) but it has never been made official. As far as one can seriously prove, Mario and Peach are only friends. In the end, the statement of "Mario's Peach" is shallow indeed. And besides, why should one take the word of an article that states that Daisy reappeared in Mario Golf, an error (shame on you, HAL!) that immediately makes me question the knowledge the creator of that article had of the Mario universe.

2. Daisy's partnering with Luigi in Mario Tennis (N64). Of the three evidences, this is the shallowest. There simply is nothing that it proves. So if Mario decided to partner with Peach, who else would Luigi partner with? Seeing as everyone else already had a partner in the game, there was no one left but the newbie Daisy. Quite put, there is no evidence in this. Besides, never trust a Mario game that's beside the story. In other words, take caution when studying characters in Mario Parties and the Mario sports games, as their personalities are all too often mangled.

3. This is, while not the most famous, definitely the most deadly of the evidences. It is Nintendo Power's insistence on stating it simply as follows: Peach is Mario's girlfriend. Daisy is Luigi's girlfriend. This reasoning that, unfortunately, Nintendo Power applies as often as it can is utterly disgusting to me, who has studied the Mario universe far too much to be slandered with such stupid logic. My argument against Nintendo Power's insistence on that is this: they are nothing but editors who, while directly connected with Nintendo, often know very little about the fine details of a Nintendo series. This is all too true when one reads what they often write. Quite frankly, while evidence of a topic CAN be taken from a Mario comic published in NP (more on that later), evidence simply CANNOT be taken from a Nintendo Power editor. Further evidence of this can be found in one of the volumes (too lazy to find it), when the editor questioned a reader's insistence that Toad's mushroom cap was, indeed, a cap. It is one of the most well known facts that the mushroom people's mushroom heads are indeed caps, and it quickly showed me the wrong in believing that "because they work for Nintendo, they know everything about Mario". I was also not happy when they didn't publish my statements on this Daisy subject in a letter I wrote, yet published the rest of it; "space constraints"? I think it was more likely the dangerous potential they knew my statements would contain. But again, that's beside the point, and I think I'm getting a bit haughty there.

Now then, I'm going to proceed further into the depths of the characters' personalities. This is where it becomes murky, with the end result nearly treason. I'm going to begin with saying that, in my opinion, old evidence is perfectly suitable when engaging in this type of analysis, even if some of the old has been discontinued, so long as nothing proven in the old contradicts what is proven in the new. In short, something such as the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which, while old, can be used as evidence in support of an argument as long as the evidence being used does not contradict anything put forth by modern video games or official Mario stories (of which there have been none in a long time). The reason in permitting this use of old stuff is merely because the new stuff rarely provides enough information to allow for proper conclusions. Besides, it is quite easy to see that, with the notable exception of Princess Peach, the personalities of all the Mario characters as remained the same since the time of the old cartoons and comics.

I will wander off a bit to further discuss this before continuing with the main argument. I distinctly remember the commotion made about Luigi with the release of "Luigi's Mansion" in 2001. Across forums everywhere, so-called "Luigi fans" were raging about how "Nintendo has ruined their character". No longer did people believe Luigi to be a laid back kind of guy (a misconception caused by the Luigi in the 1993 movie; ugh, it never ceases to haunt). I was, however, fully expecting this reaction. Indeed, I had always knew Luigi to be cowardly, shy, and the rest. That was because I had been around to remember the Luigi of the olden days.

The negative reaction to the "new" Luigi was a direct result of his neglection during the Nintendo 64 era. People do not realize that a character's personality is more often than not overlooked in a video game. With the fall of the cartoons and comics, new coming Mario fans had only modern games like Super Mario 64 to look to to understand the characters. It became immediately established that Mario was a cheery, albeit hyper guy. However, not including side games which I have already called unreliable, Luigi did not make a single significant appearance on the Nintendo 64. His role in Paper Mario was insufficient to decipher his character. Thus, "newbie" Mario fans came to rely on side games like Mario Kart to dictate the personalities of characters, resulting in Luigi merely being portrayed as a "I'm a Luigi, number one!" kind of person. What this resulted in was this: people took to liking Luigi for what he was not. It was not until a real game significant to the Mario story that Luigi made a true comeback. "Luigi's Mansion" was the game that re-established Luigi's personality; to the new Luigi fans, blinded by his roles in Mario Kart and Mario Party, this was an earth shattering awakening. But to me, who had been watching the Mario series for so long, this was merely a "It's about time" moment. The fact is that Nintendo had never forgotten Luigi's cowardly role in the old cartoons and stories, and had merely resurrected that in the first game that truly showed his personality. Unlike modern fans, the developers of "Luigi's Mansion" researched back into the old days of the Mario universe, and did, in fact, take their personality from old resources, most of which were too old for the modern Luigi fans to know about.

It is with that reasoning that I consider old resources as legit unless they clash with modern ones. I thus divert myself back to the main topic (finally!).

Now then. I have decided to state the conclusion of my analysis first, and then to use evidence to support it afterwards. Quite frankly, this conclusion is quite earth shattering for many Mario fans. Here it is:

There IS NO love relationship between Luigi and Daisy. Rather, Luigi is MOST LIKELY in love with Princess Peach Toadstool, but merely in vain, as she is MOST LIKELY to eventually be with Mario. In conclusion, the evidence heavily suggests that both Mario Bros. are secretly in love with Peach, but that she prefers Mario over Luigi, who will, as usual, end up empty-handed.

There are several specific things that support this.

1. This is the obvious: Luigi often helps to save Princess Peach. Indeed, he and Mario really have little need to without motivation. Luigi will often help, but it is fairly obvious he does so for a reason more obvious than just to help his brother. It may be to save the kingdom, it may be due to a secret affection for Peach, it may be to help his brother. I think it's all three. Never has he helped save Daisy, though the fact that she's been in only one real Mario game (Super Mario Land) may be a valid excuse. On a side note, there was a heavy aura of Mario caring for Daisy in this game, as well as subsequent comics featuring her. This can actually be evidence that Daisy herself actually has feelings for Mario, and thus the idea that she can be paired with Mario is not entirely absurd. Nowhere, besides in gossips' mouths, is there incriminating evidence that she prefers Luigi to Mario.

2. The Mario Bros. children's book, "Trapped in the Perilous Pit". In this book (which, by the way, possessed loads of the traditional Mario comedy, despite its age) there is a seen in which Luigi was picking flowers for Peach which turned out to be fire flowers that he used to get Mario out of a tight fix (very similar to a future Mario cartoon). The obviously shy Luigi also made some infatuating statements about her earlier in the book to Mario, I believe, though it's been several years since I've read it. I have the book lying somewhere under all my packed junk.

3. The second Mario vs. Wario comic published in Nintendo Power, written by Charlie Nazawa. Arguably the best Mario comic ever published in the United States, this one is also the comic with the heaviest evidence of Luigi's true feelings. Written after the Mario Bros. movie, it is relatively modern and made after Daisy's creation and rumored position (by gossips) as Luigi's love. This was a hilarious comic, at the end of which Luigi outsmarted Mario and Wario and gave the gift Peach truly wanted to her. The result shows Luigi's reaction to being kissed by Peach. Usually the shy one, Luigi becomes overjoyed (and red in the face) following the smooch, in front of which stand the jealous and exhausted Mario and Wario. As we all know, Luigi is not accustomed to receiving that type of gratification.

There are several other pieces of evidence that are not quite as important, and since I have already practically written a novel here, I will not include them.

My point is this: there is NO proof of a relationship between Luigi and Daisy other than the words of mere gossips, while there IS incriminating evidence that Luigi is in fact secretly in love with Princess Peach. However, as we can all see in the very same stories and also in modern video games (especially the Paper Mario series), there is also most likely a strong attraction between Mario and Peach which will eventually leave Luigi a solo loser. As he is my favorite character, it is with regret that I must state that Luigi's "L" on his cap can possess a double meaning.

That being said, it is also well known that Mario is quite a "player" (Player 1!). Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door showed Mario's charming effects on nearby females, an effect he's had on everybody in the Mario universe ever since the old stories and games. A happy personality like Mario's always results in more friends and attractions. Perhaps that is why Peach and (most-likely) Daisy are attracted to him. On the other hand, a shy and cowardly Luigi practically has no friends. Just look at the comments made toward him by other characters in Superstar Saga and 64 DS. It is like in real life. Very few people like a "nerd", which has now become a kind of insult, and Luigi, who is undoubtedly smarter than any other Mario character (I don't want to have to go arguing on this either; just take my word for it, or else I'll have to write another whole proof, resulting in another 3 hours of my time wasted), is the number one nerd in the Mario series.

However, my own personal opinion, which is irrelevant to the evidence put forth previously, is this: Daisy would make a better couple for Mario, and Peach would be better for Luigi. The reason for this is the personality difference. Other than the obvious cases of magnets and males/females, I seriously question the saying "Opposites attract". In personality cases, the reverse is true. One is more easily attracted to another who shares the same interests. In this sense, look at the personalities of the characters. Mario is the outspoken, hyper, muscle over brains brother. He is the more cheery, optimistic one. Daisy would make a more suitable match for him because of her personality. She too is hyper, outspoken, and indeed tomboyish. On the other hand, Luigi, who is shy, cowardly yet intelligent, as well as quite a bit more pessimistic (and realistic) than his brother, would be a better match for Peach, who is also relatively quiet, gentler than Daisy, and less sportive (this is what is different between the Peach in books and today and the Peach in the cartoon, who, despite who she was, acted much more like Daisy).

Ok, I've finished my analysis. Here come the rants and flames!

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/10/2005 1:43:32 PM

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 03:29:24 PM »
I've never really considered the comics and cartoons to be canon (probably because I only vaguely remember the cartoons, and have only read one of the comics).
I choose to believe that Nintendo doesn't really elaborate on the relationships between characters, so that fans can interpret them any way they choose, which I suppose is what you're doing.
Do you write fan fiction?

Edited by - Screech on 7/29/2005 2:30:07 PM

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 07:27:07 PM »
That is, in fact, exactly what I am doing. My analysis contains such terms as "most likely" for a reason. I believe that the primary reason Nintendo has never given an official, absolute proof of any relationship is so that fans can believe anything they want. In creating my two-hour long analysis, I was merely pointing out, using evidence from everything Mario, the most likely scenario.

The whole Princess and Bros. relationship controversy is my favorite topic to comment on, as it is what I feel most fans take for granted. I hate it when fans take it to be as simple as the Nintendo Power editors do.

Again, it is hard for most fans to use old cartoons and comics/books as evidence because most fans have never seen them. That is the reason why a lot of "Luigi fans" thought that Nintendo did a complete personality change for Luigi in Luigi's Mansion. They were merely uneducated to the fact that Luigi had always been like that, but had not shown that side of him since the time of the cartoons and comics/books due to his lack of veritable appearances during the Nintendo 64 era. Because what was often written before is resurrected today in modern games that allow for more focus on character personalities (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga was particularly rich in this respect), my firm belief is that the use of old sources as evidence is perfectly reliable so long as there is no absolute proof against them. An example of reliable evidence would be Luigi's personality, while contradicted evidence, and thus unreliable, would be that of his age difference with Mario. Many older comics/stories state them to be several years apart,while modern games like Yoshi's Island (modern in the respect that it is after the NES era, which was when most of these old sources were made) have since established that the bros. are fraternal twins.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I used to write fan fiction several years ago. On the Smash World forums I had one of the first super successful smash hits. That was back in like 2001. The story, titled "Luigi's Personal Story", carried on for a few years, received over a thousand replies, etc. However, I eventually realized how stupid the beginning of the story was and, along with some other factors, became convinced that it was no longer worth continuing. I thus dropped it and let it fade into obscurity. I did, however, begin a second story, which, in my opinion, was off to an excellent start. It ran on for several chapters, but with this story too I eventually let it die. It was called "The Hero's Tale" or something like that. It would have been a good story I'm sure, but I lacked the time needed to work on it. Since then I haven't tried again at fan fiction.

Edited by - Johannès de Nova on 7/29/2005 6:29:30 PM

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 08:04:18 PM »
I like Peach more than...

LOL! Real ending of SML
Can you figure out?

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2005, 12:20:09 AM »
That is hilarious. Where did you get that little animation?

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2005, 01:23:14 AM »
From This.
Very funny pics through

Here is total mario pictures.

I gonna use it as my board Avatar!

Can you figure out?

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 04:57:08 AM »
I just posted my post here on the official Nintendo Mario forums to see the reaction I'd receive. For anyone who wants to check out the full argument go here:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=mario&message.id=529509

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2005, 02:41:52 PM »
actually he should try both.if one don't work out he could try the other.then if they both don't work he should try going e-harmony.com there's a lot of single girls there.

riiiigggghhhhtttt...
I see poop.

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 11:05:46 AM »
I definetly agree.I always thought Luigi was paired up with Daisy and Mario was with Peach but reading your diversre point of view changed my mind.

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 05:30:23 PM »
I guess paper mario knows what he's talking about(or wait does this even make sense?).

(YOUR NAME HERE)
I see poop.

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2005, 05:46:49 PM »
Ugh, this petty argument is making my head spin. This is just as crazy as something similar I read, in which...nah, it's not important. Reading this, I wish some people would just shut up for a while so the chaos can set.

As for the original question to this topic, I go for Peach, for certain purposes.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2005, 07:44:09 PM »
 "Certain purposes"? By all means, please share.

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2005, 08:04:17 PM »
I cant help but agree with what Johhannes De Nova wrote.Although I think it's best to keep Mari0's relationship issues to a minumum ;He has enough on his hands.

Edited by - PaperMario on 8/11/2005 6:48:36 PM
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:42:41 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2005, 01:28:28 AM »
"Certain purposes"? Was that somewhere in my argument? Sorry, it's been a while since I wrote it, could you point it out so I can elaborate please?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2005, 07:50:42 AM »
Some people have WAY too much time on thier hands...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 01:23:57 PM »
 Oh, no Johannès de Nova. It wasn't something you wrote.

Though I do have some things I'd like to respond with, I don't have the time (nor mental standing?) to do that at the moment.

My comment was in regards to something UM+SF wrote.

Sorry for the confusion.

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 02:43:54 AM »
Oh okay. In that case, I'd be more than happy to hear your responses (as well as to counter them should they be against me ;). In any case, check out the full argument on that Nintendo forums that I posted the address of. It will most likely have a response to anything you'd like to say, as it received a lot of feedback as well as counter-feedback from me.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 06:53:06 PM »
This is an interesting topic. I can answer that with one number. It is this number right here! 27,359,929,707,534,129,852,347,651,463,052,026,114,368,366,080,915,745
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:55:03 PM by 2735992970753412985234765 »
Weirdness:
#s:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »
Noooooooo!!! ITS TEH BUMP FROM A NUMBER!!!!11

Hahah. I have letters.

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »
Hahaha, and I have sentences!
Weirdness:
#s:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 07:49:03 PM »
But I have paragraphs.