Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1267271 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #630 on: November 27, 2006, 03:23:11 PM »
Hooray, I am stepping into the time break between old, slow, and cruddy dial-up to newer, faster, much better cable Internet! I only have to wait until Wednesday, and soon, I'll be able to watch three-minute videos without waiting a half an hour!For those of you that have cable, has it ever slowed down for you? If so, by how much?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:31 PM »
Nothing has happened to me, but if you download alot of videos really quickly, it might slow you down.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2006, 04:45:48 PM »
I've only had cable for a couple of days, but I haven't received any sort of slowdowns. In fact, in some cases, my cable connection is actually better than my DSL. When I watched IGN videos on my DSL, they often lagged on high-res. I have yet to experience this problem on cable.

Still, congrats, Mr.Melee!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
I remember the first time I got cable internet. From comcast. We got it and then for some unknown reason we didn't have it. And then we got dial-up. Annoyed the mess out of me. I then became used to DSL at my sisters home. Soon after that, we got high-speed cable and to this day, I despise DSL and I HATE DIAL-UP (as everyone else does). No angst, just telling a little story :D

EDIT I don't despise DSL. It's better than dial-up. It has it's good points, as Chup pointed out.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:26:09 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
Nothing to despise about DSL. It gets the job done.
Not always as fast as cable, though it can be faster than cable in certain situations/locations.
That was a joke.

« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2006, 07:00:16 AM »
Guess what, guys? I just downloaded Internet Explorer 7! Woot! I have yet to experience the feaures of my new browser. I guess I should check the help menu to see what this baby can do, eh? I guess it's good to get IE7, as our old browser, IE6, had a lot of criticism surrounding it.

I also heard IE7 had a new zoom-in feature. Is that true? If so, how do I activate it?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »
I don't like IE7 for some reason.

ANNND... *drumroll*

The SSBB trailer is out in English. I don't know if that makes much of a difference, though. Just go to SSBB videos on IGN.com. It's the first one after the off-screen trailer.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:58:55 AM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2006, 06:05:43 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »

All joking aside, I am still having much fun with my Wii. I just wish Smooth Moves could be released earlier then January.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2006, 07:34:49 PM »
You say that like Wicca is bad.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #640 on: November 29, 2006, 01:23:01 AM »
I got 100% on a Maths test today. ^_^
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2006, 01:40:23 AM »
Lucky, luuuucky you. I downloaded Mozilla 2.0 today. SO COOL! I love this little automated grammar check thingy!

« Reply #642 on: November 29, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »
B-but the latest version of Mozilla is 1.7.13!

After a couple of days, I am finally back online.  Back to bathing in the internet I go.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #643 on: November 29, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
Crap, I forgot to mention that I got Firefox myself the other day.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2006, 06:06:11 PM »
I just wish Smooth Moves could be released earlier then January.
January's perfect for me... I'll get it for my birthday in February.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print