Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260185 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #645 on: November 29, 2006, 06:52:06 PM »
I just got my Cable Internet today! w00t! I have to say, it's blazing fast. Now, normal three-minute videos are loaded in 30 seconds or less! It's great! This is a HUGE leap for me, and I'm very HOPEFUL this stays as good as it is.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #646 on: November 29, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »
Hurrah for Cable Internet!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2006, 09:53:48 PM »
Okay now. According to one of those "look at all this stuff you can buy" things from Wal-Mart in the mail, Wii will be available 12/6. So If I don't get called on or before the sixth, I can sue. Or something.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2006, 10:21:31 PM »
Sue Wal-Mart? Are you insane?

« Reply #649 on: December 01, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »
I got that very same ad today through the mail. The only catch seems to be that there's only 3 systems per store.

Yeah, you heard me right, 3 systems. Seriously, where is this plentiful supply that Nintendo promised?

Wait, why do I care? I already have mine's.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #650 on: December 01, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »
3 systems. Seriously, where is this plentiful supply that Nintendo promised?
Sold.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #651 on: December 01, 2006, 11:04:28 PM »
I kind of agree with Mr. Wiggles. If I recall correctly, Reggie Fils-Aime said that all people who want a Wii by release would definitely have one by Christmas.

I want a Wii and there's only 24 days until Christmas. Bleh.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2006, 01:42:04 AM »
I do too.  But I think I'll wait until the holiday hype dies down a bit.  I went to Wal-Mart earlier today, and I was disappointed when I didn't find a Wii demo.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2006, 09:44:28 AM »
You can find Wii demos in 15 of America's Westfield shopping malls. You can see if yours has Wii (luckily, one near me does:).

I'm not sure, but there is a truck coming to Circuit City today (it's actually already here), and it might have Wii on it, so I'm heading over there in an hour to check it out. Wish my luck and HOPEFULness.

« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2006, 09:36:43 PM »
Today at work a guy comes in trying to sell PC games. I tell him he can't sell PC games due to copying/cracking issues and that probably no store is going to take them. He turns to leave but then turns back and says, "Say, is anyone who works here into games, that sort of thing?"

I was like, "...me!"

So I'm expecting some random junk but instead he gives me Age of Empires III, Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords, Rise of Nations Gold Edition, SimCity 3000, City Life, CivCity Rome, and Sid Meier's Railroads!.

Holy cow!

BONUS

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2006, 09:52:31 PM »
Well, the Circuit City trip was a bust, as Wii had not come. But, I have restored hope, as I got to play Wii at the mall I mentioned. I was able to play, in all, Wii Sports: Tennis, a "newer" version of Duck Hunt, "Wii Play: Table Tennis," and "Wii Play: Billiards." I have to say, Wii has proved itself to be a great multiplayer system, and the controls work greatly (except when the batteries are running low, which the console conveniently tells you when). I've also learned that that particular mall receives a Wii shipment about once a week. So, if I play my cards right, I could have Wii (technically) next week!

« Reply #656 on: December 03, 2006, 10:16:58 AM »
I was gonna play the Wii at my Westfields. Unfortunately, the clerk told the man he could play for as LONG as he wanted, and I had to go. They didn't mix.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #657 on: December 03, 2006, 11:20:32 AM »
YESYESYESYESYESYES

I finally got my wireless connection to work again! It turns out that the problem was that my old router's installation CD was corrupted, so I just had to get a new router.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Jman

• Score
« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
My friend offered me some advice on how to raaise money for my Wii cause.  I currently own an SNES, N64, and GC.  I'm thinking of selling the latter two, or just the Gamecube, with about 12 games each.  I'm still thinking about it, though.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #659 on: December 03, 2006, 07:17:22 PM »
It's no good when you trade a good nintendo system for another! I would't recommend it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print